Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

It's not looking good for us is it? 

Not being over dramatic because we haven't beaten Burnley and a point away is never that bad, but because that could have easily gone the other way and we just look a bit ordinary. 

Youri was our only real quality and he's being pushed to the limit. Castange and Ricardo are still playing their way back into form and Vardy looks really poor and there's no sign of that changing.

I'm preparing myself for the worst so I don't get too wound up and I hope I'm wrong, but I can see us start to drop off massively over the coming weeks.

• Sad 2

Those wanting the changes at HT were always going to be disappointed - Brendan just doesn't do that.  But it really did feel like he was waiting to go down a goal to do something.  His sub decisions are something I have to say is a legit general / ongoing criticism.  I don't get waiting so long (even if you start the 2nd half unchanged) and I don't get taking Nacho off.  I also wanted Under to come on but I can't be too surprised or disappointed that Albrighton was the choice instead.

Mendy instead of Hamza - I can actually see that because it looked like Mendy was gassed the last 10 min or so he was on.  Not saying Hamza necessarily deserved to stay on but if it's a choice b/n the two I can understand that one.

Edited by Bats8711

RE Tavares, didn’t get on the ball much but did show a nice little turn and run to win a free kick. I think given some game time he will look good. Lot of confidence and a nice poise on the ball. I like the look of him. He’s bound to have something given the noises being made about him. Start him against Brighton. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

I can’t be the only one that enjoyed that, surely? I thought our makeshift team did well and showed real spirit and played some good football. I’d have clapped them off and enjoyed my drive home if I’d been there. 

No it's not just you, I enjoyed it too. We're missing our key creative players and the likes of Ricardo and Vardy are clearly only half-fit, yet people expect us to just turn up and roll over Burnley.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I can't believe that people expect us to be able to go to Burnley with a decimated squad where we are missing our most creative players and expect us to be able to just brush Burnley aside, sense of entitlement amongst our fans is ridiculous at times

It's mad, it's a horrible and tough place to go at the best of times.

Even at full strength a point is far from a bad result

• Like 1

Kasper was class, kept us in it. Good point in the end for me. I expected them to be tough and they were. 

Brighton will be totally different from that.

• Like 1

Frustrating that the half chances that fell to Castagne, Albrighton and Tielemans didn't somehow creep in but we really didn't deserve to win.

A point isn't the end of the world, but we need 6 points from these next 2 games and to somehow get Vardy back on planet earth. Fofana being back hopefully means we never have to see 3-5-2 again as not only are we horribly ill equipped in midfield right now but Soyuncu in a back 3 is a disaster. 

Big up the boy Tavares, plenty more to come. SHOWBIZ

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I can't believe that people expect us to be able to go to Burnley with a decimated squad where we are missing our most creative players and expect us to be able to just brush Burnley aside, sense of entitlement amongst our fans is ridiculous at times

It's not entitlement. It's recognising where they are in the league and where we are. 

We should be beating them. When you're in the top 4 a draw is dropped points as teams around you usually win. 

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

The fight? The fight was there tonight. We kept going to the end. We started poorly but kept going. Thats all you can ask for. 

We have 1 game Sat and then a week off and not sure but I'm pretty sure thsts our first week off in about 3 months. Just got to keep going and stop slating then at every given opportunity 

I don't slate them at every opportunity. 

We've been poor. Really poor.

I'm sorry, but if you want to finish in the top 4, you find a way.

We can't. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stuntman_Mike said:

Not being over dramatic because we haven't beaten Burnley and a point away is never that bad, but because that could have easily gone the other way and we just look a bit ordinary. 

Youri was our only real quality and he's being pushed to the limit. Castange and Ricardo are still playing their way back into form and Vardy looks really poor and there's no sign of that changing.

I'm preparing myself for the worst so I don't get too wound up and I hope I'm wrong, but I can see us start to drop off massively over the coming weeks.

Top four is all but gone. Chelsea and Spurs have fully fit squads....  they won’t drop many points now and both will probably beat us. 

I can see it now that we go on a rotten run, and then last game of the season beat Spurs to enable West Ham a CL place.

I don’t even think we will get EL, I can see a 9th or 10th place finish. 

• Haha 2

Surprised to see so much negativity, what did fans expect tonight with the injuries we have, to smash these lot, no chance.

Our depth isn’t good enough, that showed tonight, a couple of players aren’t good enough for us, but right now we can’t do anything about it.

The next month or so could be a rocky period for us, we’re just going to have to suck it up and deal with it.

Last season we bottled it, if we fall out top four this season, then it will be down to injuries, unfortunate circumstances, but unlike last season, I’m not going to be pissed off if the worst happens.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I don't think we just turn up and win.

We aren't entitled to anything.

Tell me where the fight has been in the last 3 games.

I'll wait. 

Thankfully, at the end of the season they will also take into account the previous 24 games, as well as the next 11

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Can see you’re a glass half full type of guy ..

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

I'm not disagreeing, we've been thoroughly decimated by injury, but we haven't even fought in the last 3 games.

You don’t get a point at a place like Turf Moore without a bit of fight.

There was fight tonight, but with 8 players out the quality was missing. Ordinarily Amartey, Mendy and Hamza are not starting for us together. 

• Like 1

Surprised to see Iheanacho taken off so early in the game at the time everything good about our play was flowing through him. 

Kasper earned us a point almost single handedly. Excellent performance from him.

Tielemans was impressive yet again and without his creativeness we really would be a boring side to watch. 

I thought Albrighton had a decent cameo appearance but at the same time thought Tavares didn't really have any effect on the match (granted he only got 15 minutes).

As for Amartey and Choudhury i think they both stand out like a sore thumb for how limited they are when it comes to possession based football. They're both too keen to opt for a sideways or backwards pass. 

It baffles me how after years of playing professional football Amartey can't whip a dangerous cross into the box to save his life! 

• Like 2