Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Just now, tom27111 said:

I don't slate them at every opportunity. 

We've been poor. Really poor.

I'm sorry, but if you want to finish in the top 4, you find a way.

We can't. 

You are wrong. Who has been top 4 with our budget? No trite demands for more passion, more running about gets you that prize, especially with this schedule, this injury list.

Just now, Guest said:

Thankfully, at the end of the season they will also take into account the previous 24 games, as well as the next 11

Unfortunately, they'll also take into account the last 11 of Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham and West Ham.

• Thanks 1

Take the point, felt sorry for Ndidi having two bomb-scares either side of him. Not sure what’s going on with Soyuncu at the moment but he is all over the place, Woods dominated him.

For anyone saying we should keep Amartey or Choudhury, Jesus Christ they are poor. Amartey just isn’t good enough and Choudhury as a supposed midfielder isn’t anywhere near good enough on the ball, poor range of passing and can’t receive the ball on the half turn.....is good at running round like a headless chicken though 

Give your heads a wobble! Top 4 gone? Jeez not in any way shape or form. We didn't lose, we got a point. We have Fofana back and others due back imminently. Burnley was always going to be the toughest. We can get more points in the next two. Positivity!

• Like 3

Very worrying second half. We were literally hanging on for the first twenty minutes or so, Burnley will be gutted they didn't score in that spell. I've never seen them so dominant in possession. Despite this Brendan just left it and left it rather than making a change to get Wilf into midfield where Burnley were dominating despite the fact we had an extra man. Plus they were winning every single header in our box whilst we had Fofana sitting on the bench.

When he eventually got Fofana on and Wilf moved into midfield, it at least helped us get some control of the control but this was offset by his decision to move Amartey to RB, which stunted our attacks down that side. Castagne also doesn't look great on the left. It's such a shame Ünder has not worked out but it's clear now that he is finished here. 

A point was the very most we deserved. Well done, Kasper!

3 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

It's mad, it's a horrible and tough place to go at the best of times.

Even at full strength a point is far from a bad result

Let's not go mad. This burnley side is playing no where near as good as they have over the past few seasons. They have scored 10 goals at home and only won 4 games. 

There wasn't a lack of effort on the pitch tonight.  No chance of that.  Just needed someone to make something happen.  Madders would have made a difference and we'd probably have won.  We don't have the players to rotate a like for like in the same position and don't have an abundance of luxury players.  It is what it is and we go again at the weekend.  Cheer up, could be a lot worse.

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Am I the only one who thinks he got the subs spot on today?

Can’t work out why so many are saying they were baffling?

Fofana on for Mendy allowed Ndidi to move back into his best position and gave us a bit more control.

Albrighton on for Iheanacho allowed the formation change - as good as Iheanacho was he’s not a number 9 and as quiet as Vardy was, you know he only needs a sniff.

Taveres for Choudhury showed a bit of attacking intent. 

They were far too late... 

• Like 1

A point. Really impressed with Kel - what a goal but his all round play was very good. Youri is a rolls Royce footballer. I thought Riccy looked a lot better today. Shame we didn’t nick it with the chances after the 70th minute. Hopefully we can pick up two wins in our next two and with the injuries, that isn’t a bad return.

I’ve got such a soft spot for Burnley. The way they were launching balls into the box. Reminds me of Martin’s Leicester.

• Like 1

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

It was as poor a game as I expected. Don't really know what to make. I think we simply have to win our next two and can't afford a loss at West Ham.

I thought it was quite a good game

Entertaining and ended with fair result for both teams 

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

We can't. 

Probably just stopping watching then and concentrate on something else as it's going to be tough for the run in and I don't think anyone thinks other wise. 

I understand the nervousness in the fans but you just have to sit back and watch unfortunately. As I said get sat night out the way and a week off will do us wonders. 

• Thanks 1

How many more goals are we giving away with that pass from defence into the middle of the park. Ndidi had his pocket picked there against Prague, Choudhury fluffed his pass tonight and in the past Schmeichel has offered up a hospital pass there all of which led to goals. Considering our injury list we didn't do badly but we could have done so much better - too many square passes going astray and the passing around the back floor just allowed the opposition to get their formation in place. Once we started moving the ball around with some tempo we looked a different team altogether.

Happy to take a point after a slow and disastrous start and bearing in mind Burnley upped their game and were a constant threat. Great goal from Ianacho was the highlight of the night and some great saves from Schmeichel kept us in it.

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I'm not disagreeing, we've been thoroughly decimated by injury, but we haven't even fought in the last 3 games.

We came from 1-0 down after what 4 mins! Surely that shows some character and fight? There was clear effort, grit and determination particularly after the changes. We woulda have lost that 2 years ago. We have probably the worst injury streak I can ever recall and players like Vardy, Riccy and Timmy have all recently returned from injury. I think there’s effort and fight when you consider all that. 

• Like 1

This is a point gained given the circumstances. We honestly just need to get through this awful week and give the players a nice few days off next week when there’s no midweek break. And by then Maddison will be back out on the grass, possibly on the bench, probably not. And Perez will be available, and it’ll be a week closer to the return of Dennis Praet. 

Having said that, we were crap again tonight, if we don’t improve on Saturday Brighton will be beat us, especially given that they’ve had a week off. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

There's some real entitlement in this fan base. We're missing half our team and drew a very tricky away game. We aren't going to win every week and we are going to win less often with the players we have available. 

Whilst I agree to some extent, we aren't really missing half our team. We were missing 3 starters (Barnes, Maddison, Evans)

What we are missing is the squad players that can rotate, and our lack of activity in January is looking like increasingly poor judgement now.

100% down to tactics today on not personnel. The difference when changing formations was clear. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

You are wrong. Who has been top 4 with our budget? No trite demands for more passion, more running about gets you that prize, especially with this schedule, this injury list.

In fairness we won the Premier league with exactly that, "Passion" and about the same amount of money, I agree at the moment injuries are hampering our consistency.

6 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

We can't. 

Hear that Sheffield Utd. You find a way! No excuses! 

2 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Well played Schmeichel; some top drawer saves. Well done Albrighton; made a difference. Well done Rodgers for changing things.

BR take note; Woody back from injury and plays the full game; none of this last twenty mins. nonsense. 

Twitcher take note: Wood played the last 17 minutes on Sunday

• Haha 1