Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (A) pre match - 6 March - 8pm

12 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Really hate weekend night games. Horrible wait.

Obviously wouldn't be as bad if there was something else to do during the day or we could watch it on a night out but at the minute it's rubbish. 

Used to hate Friday games - until we hammered Southanpton - then my perception changes 180 degrees. Hopefully the same happens tonight.....

Fancy us tonight for the first time in a while. Think they're the sort of opposition who suits us, match us up and we're simply better than them, so even with the injuries and the fatigue I think we will win tonight. I've filled my boots at 2/1 and done a mental we win 3-1, youri scores and a player is sent off around 400/1 bet. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Really hate weekend night games. Horrible wait.

Obviously wouldn't be as bad if there was something else to do during the day or we could watch it on a night out but at the minute it's rubbish. 

Same. Feels weird.

Last one was Southampton in Jan?

Tavarez to start as @Ric Flair no doubt would be in a joyous mood!

Brighton like to play the ball on the floor and preferably in the final third down the flanks before whipping balls in. Control our defensive wings with ndidi breaking up midfield and would expect us to win. Vardy must start.

17 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Tavarez to start as @Ric Flair no doubt would be in a joyous mood!

Brighton like to play the ball on the floor and preferably in the final third down the flanks before whipping balls in. Control our defensive wings with ndidi breaking up midfield and would expect us to win. Vardy must start.

And why not. It's fun to watch players rise in the ranks. Rodgers wouldn't play him if didn't have the ability to do the job on the pitch.

1 hour ago, FellowBlue said:

Thanks mate.....we will certainly try! Us long term Man City fans never get too carried away, especially living in the shadows of United and taking abuse for over 30 years. We served our time going down the divisions and stuck with our club. Then we were lucky in getting an owner who invests in the local community and has a great management team. We get all the oil and cheat comments but know the truth. Regards credit, we take what we can from a media full of red pundits. Enough said about my team, so let’s turn it to yours. Your injury situation is not good and it will be interesting to see if other players can step up and maybe score a few. Pep managed to get our non-strikers to step up and score when we had no strikers, with Aguero and Jesus both out along with KDB. I like Rodgers, and believe he is an excellent manager who over time will see greater success. Remember, you stuffed us earlier in the season.....haha. He nearly won the league with Liverpool (but for the Gerard slip) so has a point to prove. Hopefully, the success will come with Leicester. Again, good luck against Brighton.

Thanks pal, I remember the many positive comments post match from Man C fans even when we beat you back in 2016 . As I.ve recently posted ,if we can't win the title which we can't this year then Man City are the best other option. Funnily enough it was another blue bunch ,Chelsea who did us a small favour against Spurs in 2016. Not sure I feel the same about Everton  these days although personally I prefer them to L'pool. Kloppy's a bit of a whinger but i think he's a good guy.The older lot of scouse fans always had a lot of humour and could take a joke , whether L'pool or Everton .

I think my post got "strangled" but I can quote the end roughly " fortunately I think Man City are the best of the other clubs but they are monied  and entitled ." I try to tell it as I see it so i get some posts strangled, and think my respect for Man C came from the Nijinsky, Summerbee, Francis Lee days (was n't he a bit fiery seem to remember he had an on field scrap with someone ,Bremner was it ?) . if it was, another plus point ,even though Bremner comes from just down the road from where I live now in Scotland., He was a great player though.

As a 12 year old I had a poster up of the Revie "W" plan team which reached the cup final but i think lost. Finally more up to date , i'm a great admirer of Pep ,imo the smartest manager in the PL and all round good guy.with the right principles . Maybe we're a bit pushed and small compared with you guys but I'll certainly be wishing you luck against the boys from the other, red end of town. definitely not my favourites. altho I don't hate them , any club that had Bestie, Cantona, Busby .Paddy Crerand, Denis Law and Frank O'Farrell, can't have gone totally to the dogs. Did n't Bestie have Chelsea ( Hudson for one) and some Man C, mates  ?

Edited by Alan Frost
Added Kloppy as a good guy
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Would be brilliant to leapfrog United into 2nd ahead of the Manchester Derby tomorrow

Wholeheartedly agree with this comment on behalf of all Man City fans. In return, we will try to keep the red rags down and out of the top four where they belong. Come on Leicester!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Thing is though, all the stats point to the fact that they are actually quite a good team, they're just wasteful to the point of hilarity. 

I'm praying the ever obliging Leicester City don't turn up to tonight and Brighton don't cash in on all their expected goals.

This is a few games old now but gets the point across.

received_252281119726997.jpeg

Plenty on here underestimating Brighton but that XP is damning.

A point tonight will not be a bad result against a very good side who are only struggling because they can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. That won't last forever but hopefully at least one more game.

We look such an average side without Maddison and Barnes in the team, a huge miss and we'll need to sign at least one top attacking midfielder in the summer.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stonegold said:

If there happened to be a betting company called Unlucky , then Brighton would be their choice of team to sponsor .

In all my years of watching football I can't recall anything like what I've seen this season watching us play like Brazil up to the penalty area then turn into a pub team in front of goal .

Yes we've had some rotten luck but also been very poor at times , trying to be too clever , walking the ball into the net , when a simple thump on target would have done .

No Lamptey,  Webster , again is a big miss but Veltman has been a more than capable replacement for Lamptey and Burn once again will try and do his bit up and down the wing .

Taking the midweek results into account a point would be ok for us , not so much for Liecster I suppose .

1-1 would be my guess with Dunk a likely goalscorer as he is the only player we have left  that can score a penalty if required 

I've watched Brighton a few times this season and always been impressed but I've also never seen a team hit the woodwork so frequently, it's freakish. I've got a feeling you're going to absolutely smash someone soon, I'm just hoping that's not us today. I hope you have one more week of dreadful luck and it changes for you next time out. We're due a bit of luck ourselves.

16 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Plenty on here underestimating Brighton but that XP is damning.

A point tonight will not be a bad result against a very good side who are only struggling because they can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. That won't last forever but hopefully at least one more game.

We look such an average side without Maddison and Barnes in the team, a huge miss and we'll need to sign at least one top attacking midfielder in the summer.

A point would be OK under normal circumstances but we've got to be winning this given our run towards the end of the season. The pressure is on unfortunately.

• Like 1

I think we'll be closer to a normal looking side than midweek- all depends on where Ricardo plays, either left-back or wide in a three behind Vardy with Thomas at left-back.

Fofana, Albrighton, Thomas in- Choudhury, Mendy and Amartey on the bench I reckon.