Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheffield United Home Sunday 14th March 2.00pm Sky Sports

16 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We won’t lose this. They’re shit and bottom for a reason.

Kasper

Ricardo.  Cags.  Fofana.  Castagne 

Ndidi 

Praet.                         Youri

Perez 

Kalch.                 Vardy

or

Kasper  

Ricardo.   Cags.   Fofana.   Castagne 

Ndidi.   Youri 

Perez                                          Albrighton. 

Kelch 

Vardy 

I love your bluntness 🤣

9 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I have removed Vardy from my FFL team and put a whopping £1 on Sheff Utd to win. There is nothing more I can do to guarantee us 3pts

That's what I have done 5 times this season. I backed Leeds, Arsenal, Fulham and Prague to beat us at home and got decent odds just for wins. I did lose money backing Brighton to beat us last week , thank God I lost money on that but was happy. 

To be honest I can't see the worth in backing Sheffield to beat us as they're one of the poorest teams for a few years. 

There simply is no excuse to lose today. Queue 0-1 at half time and a forum meltdown.

• Haha 2

Logic suggest we should win today.  Is logic enshrined into outcomes of games?  Sometimes, my mind scrambles logic and probability.   Sometimes, I really don't like The Ever Obliging Leicester City thread.

I am anticipating another kaleidoscope of emotions watching the game.  It would be refreshing to see us win a game comfortably but we seem to be relying on resilience recently.

Logic also whispers that Vardy should start scoring again.  Logic can be quite sinister when it whispers like that.

I predict we will win with a two goal cushion.

As a 'Top 4' Team we should be absolutely putting these to bed however despite their league position and poor performances, there's still a lot of threat within their team.

If Wilder hasn't travelled then that could make our lives harder. If the players support him, they will want to go all out and try and get a result for him. If tbey don't, we all know the extra effort / quality a new face can bring.

Either way, not excuses for not beating these, it's just a case of how easily we do it. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Can’t get my head around that unless they feel that, given the circumstances, they need the team to be together and concentrating on the game ......

I think it's normal practice for most teams in the PL. I presume to get the players together and focusing on the match ahead, like you say. I know Sheff Utd stayed there pre-match last season too. Wilder obviously there on that occasion.

Edited by Blue Fox 72

52 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

As a 'Top 4' Team we should be absolutely putting these to bed however despite their league position and poor performances, there's still a lot of threat within their team.

If Wilder hasn't travelled then that could make our lives harder. If the players support him, they will want to go all out and try and get a result for him. If tbey don't, we all know the extra effort / quality a new face can bring.

Either way, not excuses for not beating these, it's just a case of how easily we do it. 

Wilder is no longer employed by the club ........ of course he isn’t with them ......I’m comforted by the fact that I wouldn’t want to go back into a wilder dressing room if I hadn’t put in 110% ........ hopefully the fact that he won’t be there to slaughter them may mean they play with less intensity.....

Edited by st albans fox

23 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I'm sure I used to hear him sing: "Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind, thinking I can see through this, and see what's behind."

I might be wrong... but I'm only Human after all.

Don't put your blame on me.

Apparently his singing has made a comeback, and he's quite good.

D'oh! Didn't read past your first line.

Good work fella.

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

If we **** this up I don't wanna see any excuses. We Must win this game! 

This is not going to be easy, it isn't a gimme.

They can't score but they're not easy to break down and we're not great at playing teams like that, especially without Barnes and Maddison.

I predict a narrow win like last time.  It took a 90th minute winner in the reverse fixture.  I'm not comfortable and all of my chickens have gone uncounted.

22 minutes ago, murphy said:

They can't score but they're not easy to break down and we're not great at playing teams like that, especially without Barnes and Maddison.

I predict a narrow win like last time.  It took a 90th minute winner in the reverse fixture.  I'm not comfortable and all of my chickens have gone uncounted.

Their first choice back 3 are injured. No excuses if we cant break down their second choice defence of a 40 yr old jagielka and 2 league one defenders.

Edited by honeybradger

20 minutes ago, murphy said:

You're right we're not great at playing these kind of teams but if we have serious ambitions of finishing top 4 regularly (don't know what the clubs expectations are) then we need to start finding a way of imposing ourselves against teams like these. They're rock bottom for a reason so let's show them why we are where we are

Hoping that the week of preparation and the ability to field a stronger bench will allow us to up the intensity in our play today. When we play with good tempo, we really become difficult to play against. We only just beat these last time and need to get into them early to stop them settling. 

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

You're right we're not great at playing these kind of teams but if we have serious ambitions of finishing top 4 regularly (don't know what the clubs expectations are) then we need to start finding a way of imposing ourselves against teams like these. They're rock bottom for a reason so let's show them why we are where we are

I know.  It's my natural pessimism and this is such an important game that we really should win.

Hold me.  I'm scared.  :sweating:

• Haha 2

I cannot believe some of you who think its going to be easy( I would love that)this really could be a banana skin do not under estimate Sheffield utd they might be bottom but are no mugs. Remember Fulham  we really have got to be on our toes from the start 

• Like 1

I'm awake early.  Gonna brew some PG Tips, make some breakfast, and watch the game.

I expect a defensive-oriented approach from the blades.  I think they will be tough to break down, but we will eventually manage it.

Go on you Blues!

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Anything less than a win is unacceptable.

I think it is more a case of, if we are to finish in the top 6, we need 3 points

from this game. Anything else and life will become difficult for us plus Foxestalk will be a no-go zone for the feint-hearted.

13 minutes ago, murphy said:

I know.  It's my natural pessimism and this is such an important game that we really should win.

Hold me.  I'm scared.  :sweating:

No, absolutely no idea where you have been

• Like 1