Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Royal Family

12 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

You've very well managed to sum up middle/older aged white people on social media very well here. All that's really missing is "She's taken him away" or "torn the family apart."

Good effort though

Gee shucks thanks . I’m glad to have your approval it means a lot 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

You've very well managed to sum up middle/older aged white people on social media very well here. All that's really missing is "She's taken him away" or "torn the family apart."

Good effort though

How do you know that? Assumption? 

I personally don’t see what the Royals offer now. 

I know it’s a tradition thing, however has society not moved on? 

I wonder how much money they make from tourism etc though and they much outweigh the cost. 

57 minutes ago, StanSP said:

She didn't want to be friends with him. 

Saw a tweet the other day that he's mentioned her 57 times in his tweets just in the past week. Obsessed isn't the word. 

I’m not convinced Morgan believes half of what he writes on Twitter. He just picks a target every week that he knows will be controversial and then goes out of his way to shout the loudest about how irate he is about whatever it is they’ve done because he knows people will react to it in either agreement or they’ll lambast him for being the horrible little rotter he is. I’m sure he’s firmly in the camp that believes no publicity is bad publicity so as long as people are talking about him, he’s not really bothered how he comes across. 

He clearly has a very good radar with the general public as to what stirs up emotion from his time in the tabloid press, so he knows how to push the countries buttons. 

He’s the same every time COVID cases rise, because it stokes up fear and worry in the public so he’s perfectly happy to write BREAKING NEWS and print figures as long as they’re bad because it keeps him relevant and keeps everybody locked inside at home watching his breakfast show. You’ll notice he tweets, I would say, 90% less about covid when things are on the up and picks something else to rattle everyone’s cages about. 

He’s just a professional wind up merchant at this point and I’d imagine a lot of what you see on screen and on Twitter is an act. He’s playing a very elaborate part. 

No defending him here by the way, I think he’s a horrible little **** who should grow up and do something useful with his fame but just my two penneth worth on him. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sly said:

I wonder how much money they make from tourism etc though and they much outweigh the cost. 

We would still have the same tourism without the family. Maybe a bit more if the palace became a theme park.

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

Pretty much the only reasons why it carries on. Tradition and they bring in tourists from all over the world. 

Personally quite like the Royal bunch for what it is, but that's more to do with my upbringing than anything else. They fill a ceremonial hole that probably needs filling, like anniversaries and the Queen's Christmas speech. 

Going to be a proper mess in the near future though. When the Queen passes it's going to cause trouble, and this intererview and all the crap surrounding Andrew won't be forgotten. 

16 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

If a person is going to be bold enough to make such a claim then I believe that they have an obligation to name the individual concerned 

1. for the overriding public interest 

2. to absolve innocent others of suspicion  

She says at the end of the clip about it being 'potentially damaging for them'. 

I don't think there is such an obligation. Not such a strong or mandatory one, anyway. 

She can't win. She reveals a quite frankly terrible revelation about her baby - Royal or not it's heinous in this day and age. She is moaned at for going on TV to state such things and should be kept 'in-house' or not do any media at all. Now people want her to speak up even more? 

22 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

I will also never get over the fact that Meghan is treated worse than Prince Andrew. It really does speak volumes. 

This. She's an easy target and the Prince Andrew stuff just makes me think there's more to it than even we've been open to. I suspect maybe he has some utterly terrible stories he's keeping against them in case they do speak out or target him. That's all speculation and based on a cynical mind, however.

• Like 2

I have to admit, I did laugh at this bit.

"A few days before the wedding [Kate] was upset about the flower girl dresses and it made me cry," Meghan said. She said Kate later apologised and brought flowers and a note to make amends.

"I'm not sharing that piece about Kate to be disparaging about her," Meghan said. She said Kate was "a good person" and hoped that she would have wanted the false stories corrected.

Fair play to her for saying that with a straight face...

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I don't understand how someone can have such strong opinions on it either way. Piers Morgan has been on a warpath against Meghan for years. How can Meghan Markle evoke such rage in you? 

Because Piers Morgan is a massive bellend with a massive ego which was bruised a bit when she told him to **** off.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Whilst there is a "should Maddison stay on corners?" thread there are more important things to concern yourself with than questions surrounding English sovereignty and the future of the monarchy. 

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

She says at the end of the clip about it being 'potentially damaging for them'. 

I don’t think there is such an obligation. Not such a strong or mandatory one, anyway.

She can't win. She reveals a quite frankly terrible revelation about her baby - Royal or not it's heinous in this day and age. She is moaned at for going on TV to state such things and should be kept 'in-house' or not do any media at all. Now people want her to speak up even more? 

This. She's an easy target and the Prince Andrew stuff just makes me think there's more to it than even we've been open to. I suspect maybe he has some utterly terrible stories he's keeping against them in case they do speak out or target him. That's all speculation and based on a cynical mind, however.

So instead of damaging the one damage them all. 

And frankly, if a future King is a racist I would want to know. I imagine that you would too. 

And of course it is heinous so why protect the guilty whist besmirching the innocent ?

The one thing I do agree with is that the Royals have got away far too lightly with the Prince Andrew which shows in itself deep rooted failings within the institution.

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

So instead of damaging the one damage them all. 

And frankly, if a future King is a racist I would want to know. I imagine that you would too. 

And of course it is heinous so why protect the guilty whist besmirching the innocent ?

The one thing I do agree with is that the Royals have got away far too lightly with the Prince Andrew which shows in itself deep rooted failings within the institution.

Because I'm sure there are some legal implications of making claims about the future king of this country that can't be backed up with evidence.. 

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Megan and Harry’s wish for privacy and a normal life is somewhat undermined by a tell all story with one of her friends, for some serious cash.

Whilst obviously everything being released is shit and full of outdated traditions,  this is a big one. They asked for a private life, and continue to sell their story. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Because I'm sure there are some legal implications of making claims about the future king of this country that can't be backed up with evidence.. 

Of course they could be backed up with evidence. 

Harry’s account would be evidence just as it is now relied in support of the general claim of racism. 

20 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Whilst there is a "should Maddison stay on corners?" thread there are more important things to concern yourself with than questions surrounding English sovereignty and the future of the monarchy. 

Did Opera even ask for their opinion on this important issue? What about swapping the Kop and Family Stand? 

• Haha 3

Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

Of course they could be backed up with evidence. 

Harry’s account would be evidence just as it is now relied in support of the general claim of racism. 

And I'm sure there would be a dozen other high ranking members of staff/royals who will claim that no such conversation took place... Thats not evidence, that witnesses and there is no way to determine where indeed there or not within one of the most intensely guarded building in the world. 

53 minutes ago, simFox said:

We would still have the same tourism without the family. Maybe a bit more if the palace became a theme park.

I think the example of the Royal Pavilion in Brighton is perfect to prove you could still have the same tourism without the need for a Royal family.