Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Sheff Utd - Match Thread - Sky Sports - 14/03/2021

2 minutes ago, blabyboy said:

You can definitely see how Evans brings a calmness to the back line, Cags looks more at home on the left and Fof's has the occasional freedom to wander up the pitch.

Yeah. Evans is still under appreciated! He is the best CB we have.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Good half, dominance yes but would like to see us test them more. We only have Ricardo back at 70%, hope he gets back to pre-injury Ricardo sooner than later. Looks half a yard slower in pace, turn and decision making. Great to have him back mind.

He's not comfortable in that position. Once back in a back 4 I'm sure he'll flourish again. We don't need Soyuncu on in this game.

• Like 1

Vardy has done a few really rapid sprints, nicked the ball a bit, harried defenders, laid on an assist, and I haven't seen him holding his groin yet.

Would love him to bag then be subbed off smiling and uninjured with 10 left.

• Like 2

The one thing I'd like to see is Ricky taking on the left-back. Pre injury he would have done, but he seems to prefer to stop and check back. Other than that all good. Maybe Albrighton for either Ricky or Castagne second half.

Edited by Twitcher
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Baffled as to why Cags looks so much more shaky in a 3 than a 2. Somehow forgets how to pass!

I noticed that too. Maybe because there's more space for him to occupy but I do get palpitations when he's got the ball in a back 3.

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

With Maddison and Barnes in the wide areas? I guess we prefer to keep Maddison through the middle. 

For rotation - Madders/ Ndidi/ Youri/Mendy rotating. 

Barnes/Ricardo/Albrighton on the wings. Defo need another winger to make it work but it gives the boys in the middle much needed rest.

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

He's not comfortable in that position. Once back in a back 4 I'm sure he'll flourish again. We don't need Soyuncu on in this game.

Disagree. Ricardo is more than capable of playing WB - particularly on his favoured right flank. 

Just now, Genesis1 said:

I noticed that too. Maybe because there's more space for him to occupy but I do get palpitations when he's got the ball in a back 3.

It is actually because with a back 4 the LB and RB would be right near the CBs to take a pass. Now both Ricardo and Castagne are so far forward it actually gives him less options. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Twitcher said:

The one thing I'd like to see is Ricky taking on the right-back. Pre injury he would have done, but he seems to prefer to stop and check back. Other than that all good. Maybe Albrighton for either Ricky or Castagne second half.

He would I think if joining the play from deep. He's clearly no winger even in a wing back position.