Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

I guess the "test" aspect comes from the pre and post-match infrastructure and how it copes. Though it's not exactly a fair test given hardly anyone will need to use the Tube and I can't really see Brent Council's roadsweepers bothering with a sesh in The Torch beforehand.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I guess the "test" aspect comes from the pre and post-match infrastructure and how it copes. Though it's not exactly a fair test given hardly anyone will need to use the Tube and I can't really see Brent Council's roadsweepers bothering with a sesh in The Torch beforehand.

They've chosen a small crowd from the local area in a massive venue when public transport use will be mainly zero. I don't see how we get an indication that crowds can return in any great number from this.

• Like 2

My guess is they'll spread the 4,000 over about 4 blocks along one side of the pitch. Should be nice and easy to manage and they'll see how their proposed logistics/checks and measures work in reality, then they can make any adjustments and start to scale it up. People would behave differently if they were actual supporters though of course, i.e. had more to drink beforehand, be excited, will arrive differently etc, so not an entirely true reflection of how things would be going forward, but they can at least test their fundamentals with a passive crowd and they've got the ball rolling.

• Like 2

More cynically, I also suspect they'll want to invite sponsors and dignitaries to the final and it'll appear more 'acceptable'/less of a kick in the balls to fans if they show they've already had a test event and say it's just the next game in the process.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

i bet if they said you can go but there is a chance of catching the virus we would still sell out the final open the bloody doors

The London borough of Brent don’t want thousands of people from Leicester travelling there .......and given how poorly we’ve managed our infection rate I’m not surprised! 

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The London borough of Brent don’t want thousands of people from Leicester travelling there .......and given how poorly we’ve managed our infection rate I’m not surprised! 

I thought they said that because Leicester fans are ugly and stink

• Haha 3

Talk that chief womble Boris might introduce trialling of covid passports at cup final.

Await the understandable uproar on here for the younger fans who could be unfairly penalised if City do get to the final and this is done.

On 03/04/2021 at 00:24, Phube said:

You know I blame Girls Aloud for the current pandemic of social media posts where people spell it like this... it’s allowed! >_< As in to allow!

I apologise for this outburst but this is the fourth time today I’ve seen this... :(

That's nothing. I saw someone write ludicrous as ludacris earlier.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1