Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Ask Wigan fans who beat Man City in the final, with a far worse team than what we have.

With your attitude why bother entering any competition?

I hope we don’t make the Champions League because Bayern Munich might beat us. 

Fair point. Sundays always make me pessimistic. 

8 minutes ago, enmac said:

Is it worth winning just to get humiliated in the final? I know underdogs have won in the past but none of them were playing this Man City team. 

Nah what’s the point we might as well give up now 

9 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Nah what’s the point we might as well give up now 

OK then. If Barnes is match fit by then, assuming that we beat Southampton, then I think we have a chance. Is that better? 

• Haha 1

The reality is if this Man City team shows up committed, the only way you beat them is with a serious bit of luck.  But that doesn't mean you don't play the game.  Sure they're much better, but the better team does lose sometimes.  And making an FA Cup final is not a totally valueless goal, even if you don't win it.

Anyone can beat anyone on the day. There are so many other factors other than form that can tip the balance and yes luck is one of them.

if we can play the best we are capable of city can be beat. We have to believe otherwise what’s the point of having any ambition at all?

have we forgotten we are the FEARLESS FOXES?

On 01/04/2021 at 16:59, rico said:

Will it be free entry or will they have to pay?

Football fans may be desperate to see a live game, but I wonder how many people who live in Brent would be willing to cough up 100 quid to watch a couple of non global teams.

10 hours ago, enmac said:

Is it worth winning just to get humiliated in the final? I know underdogs have won in the past but none of them were playing this Man City team. 

Part of Brendans master plan. Chances are we wouldn’t have beat them on Saturday so he didn’t show his cards in anticipation of possibly playing them at Wembley 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Part of Brendans master plan. Chances are we wouldn’t have beat them on Saturday so he didn’t show his cards in anticipation of possibly playing them at Wembley 

He will be deploying Amartey as a man marker on de bruyne, and de bruyne will get sent off within half an hour having lost his temper!

45 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

He will be deploying Amartey as a man marker on de bruyne, and de bruyne will get sent off within half an hour having lost his temper!

If we get there then I can see Brendan going ultra-cautious. He'll have Wilf in full holding/defensive midfield mode, Mendy alongside to clean up, Hamza on De Bruyne, Ricky P and Tim playing full backs, three centre backs, then Youri pumping long threaded balls through to Vards or Nacho in the hope they get hold of one and bag a goal. 

Talking of man marking jobs at Wembley, just recalling Kåmark on another thread. It must have mentally followed Juninho around for years after. He probably regularly wakes up in a cold sweat thinking Pontus is in bed next to him.