Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

What system would you play? We have 1 winger who is very workmanlike and very little pace elsewhere.

I keep looking at what else we can do and I'm stumped. Our squad is horribly restricted.

4-5-1 with Kevin, Party Boy and Praet across the front behind Kelechi.  As traditional fullbacks against that opponent, Ricky and Chestnuts will be able to provide some width too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

We don’t know that Caglar has tested negative over in Turkey yet do we?

Send a DM to Madders or Ayoze and ask them, he was at their house party I heard :ph34r:

Absolutely nailed on defeat unfortunately for me. We seem to be dragging our knuckles again over the last few weeks, and I think the dip in form has come at the wrong time. So I think Southampton will go through, either defeat us in normal play or extra time. Having said that, I do think we will win our next four league games and somehow secure the top four.

As much as I would love us to go back to a standard 4 at the back with 1 upfront, Kelechi is so much more effective when played in a 2

We just don’t have the wingers fit enough to play with that kind of formation either

Either need to stick with the 3412 or go for a 41212 with a diamond and get Maddison and Praet drifting wide to help out Riccy P and Chestnuts

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Absolutely nailed on defeat unfortunately for me. We seem to be dragging our knuckles again over the last few weeks, and I think the dip in form has come at the wrong time. So I think Southampton will go through, either defeat us in normal play or extra time. Having said that, I do think we will win our next four league games and somehow secure the top four.

You have somehow managed to be completely negative and positive in one post.

I think this will be a really tight contest and if we turn up and play for 90 minutes, I think we will win. However, play like yesterday (first 70 mins) and you can forget it.

Feel like I am starting to get over yesterday's poor offering and am starting to build some excitement for this match now. First FA Cup semi final in 39 years (first one in my lifetime). If that doesn't get you going then nothing will.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

What system would you play? We have 1 winger who is very workmanlike and very little pace elsewhere.

I keep looking at what else we can do and I'm stumped. Our squad is horribly restricted.

The only option I can think of with wingers is Perez on the right and Sharky on the left, though Perez is honking on the wing. But playing 4231 with this personnel means leaving out 1 of Ian or Vardy.

Another option would be to go 4231 with Sharky on the right, Ian behind Vardy and Maddison on the left. Again, Maddison is honking as a winger, though.

So it has to be a 442 diamond or 3412, I think. We've very rarely played the former so I think he'll go for the latter with Cags and Maddison in for Amartey and Praet.

In retrospect it's looking a big mistake to allow Gray to leave mid season, given the way things have panned out.

This is a huge game. The disappointment of not making the league Cup final was evident last season. A defeat here and I really dread the negativity for the run-in.

Victory will work wonders to dispel any media narrative and above all the opportunity to lift a trophy that's evaded the club in all its existence.

Be the history boys! Come on Leicester! :scarf:

After waiting since 1960s I'm  not even sure I can be interested, after players action over the last few days.

Club》》》JM10. Drop him and then sell in summer. Claim he's still got a knock to rescue some value.

Brendan must be wondering if it's worth all the hassle  so this feels like a turning point in the clubs roller coaster history. 

• Like 1

I think with Soyuncu back he'll persist with the same formation. Having Soy instead of Amartey and Fofana on his favoured side will make a big difference. Perez or Maddsion for Praet will also be an improvement, as Praet was totally ineffective yesterday when being asked to be more creative on the ball. I also don't think the problems yesterday were down to the formation, they were down to how passive, slow and disorganised we were.

I'd maybe consider bringing in Thomas for Ricardo or Castagne, as I just don't rate the latter when he plays on the left.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

After waiting since 1960s I'm  not even sure I can be interested, after players action over the last few days.

Club》》》JM10. Drop him and then sell in summer. Claim he's still got a knock to rescue some value.

Brendan must be wondering if it's worth all the hassle  so this feels like a turning point in the clubs roller coaster history. 

I agree.. I feel the same.

FA Cup was already feeling very underwhelming before this fiasco.

One thing's for sure I don't want to see any of those 3 c**ts running out on the Wembley turf as if nothing has really happened!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

4-5-1 with Kevin, Party Boy and Praet across the front behind Kelechi.  As traditional fullbacks against that opponent, Ricky and Chestnuts will be able to provide some width too.

That is absolutely horrible mate, sorry. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Castange should be playing down the right side i dont know what Brendan is keeping him on the left when he provided much more of a threar down the right.. Riccy could play on the left and cut in with his right as hes more versatile

Yes, I think Castagne is better on the right and I'd play Thomas on the left. Though Soyuncu might be brought back in to a 3.Maybe with Albrighton in front on the left.

The one positive I take from Yesterdays game is that Ricardo looked more like his old self yesterday. And we'll need that speed and skill on the right.

We really should have enough to beat them but it's never that easy in a semi final. We need to set the Tempo from the start and not wait until we go behind.

Will be interesting considering what has occurred with the ****wits. 

Play like we did against Man Utd or last 25 vs West Ham and we win comfortably. Play like we did first 65 against West Ham we probably lose. 

Man City are Man City. You can beat them certainly, but ain’t ever easy. 

Bugger it throw a kid down the left Suengchitthawon / Leshabela / Thomas got nothing to lose here since Barnes has been out we really look lacking in attack dare i say it give Under a chance he might not be staying on next season but he is here now and if he is mentally right throw him in he might want to prove a point  

50 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

We have lost to Man City who are one of the best teams in the world at the minute and West Ham who are in unbelievable form before that we beat Man Utd and gave them there only domestic away defeat of the season. But yeah no point us even turning up on Sunday. Might as well just relegate us now. 

Sorry but if you cant get excited about our first FA Cup semi final in 30 odd years then there is something wrong. 

And we could have very easily rescued a point yesterday despite only showing up for 30 minutes. 

This is a huge game and a major chance for some redemption. Let’s win the damn thing!

• Like 3

This match is huge, not only for the obvious reasons, but also for our top 4 chances. If we lose, after the week we've had, I struggle to see how we are going to muster up the mental resilience and confidence required to pick up the 12+ points that we need from the final 7.

However if we win, it puts a bad week behind us and it gives everyone a huge lift that we can take into four 'winnable' matches.

• Like 1

I am concerned southampton will be more fired up for this than we will be. Hoping we can start on the front foot and get an early goal, else it'll be tense. 

No idea on team but just feed Kel and we will score and hopefully win. Happy for Albrighton or Thomas to come in for Ricardo and/or Castagne who both are not that effective on the left. I miss Justin at LWB.

Maybe:

Kasper

Castagne, Evans, Soyuncu, Thomas

Ndidi, Tielemans

Ricardo, Maddison, Albrighton

Iheanacho

Harsh on Fofana, I know.

When's Under back? :ph34r:

I just hate not playing Vardy, their back line will be 5 yards deeper with him in the side, regardless of form. 

Edited by wardyfox86