Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

I can just imagine that we'll get to the final, Hamza's thrown on because of injuries and what-not earlier in the game, and he bags a winner scoring a worldie from a corner.

Then they all go batshit crazy with the whole of the squad and they whip out a t-shirt saying #REDEMPTION #WEARESORRY and FoxesTalk goes equally crazy 

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

They have 2 or 3 players who are better and in better form than we have and that will make the difference . It’s going to be 2-0 to them 

I think you're right..

I can see a Southampton win.

We're on the back of two straight defeats and the fallout of 'the 3 morons' incident which has got to affect team morale and trust.

The way I feel right now I wouldn't begrudge a Saints FA Cup final appearance... anyway, whether it's them or us in the final the winners of this semi final won't lift the trophy.

19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I can just imagine that we'll get to the final, Hamza's thrown on because of injuries and what-not earlier in the game, and he bags a winner scoring a worldie from a corner.

Then they all go batshit crazy with the whole of the squad and they whip out a t-shirt saying #REDEMPTION #WEARESORRY and FoxesTalk goes equally crazy 

To be fair that would be pretty mental. An assist from Maddison and Perez too? lol

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I think you're right..

We're on the back of two straight defeats and the fallout of 'the 3 morons' incident which has got to affect team morale and trust.

The way I feel right now I wouldn't begrudge a Saints FA Cup final appearance... anyway, whether it's them or us in the final the winners of this semi final won't lift the trophy.

Except it wasn't just 3 morons. 

Just now, AKCJ said:

Could match Southampton's system up.

Kasper

Ricardo Fofana Evans Castagne

Ndidi Youri

Albrighton                    Maddison

Iheanacho Vardy

Give me Soyuncu please, I'm sick of the defensive errors of Evans, Amartey and Fofana

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Give me Soyuncu please, I'm sick of the defensive errors of Evans, Amartey and Fofana

Yeah if he's fit and available but we've still not heard anything and i'm assuming he's stuck in Turkey and he'll have to isolate when he gets back.

• Sad 2

lol

I find it really weird how people are 100% writing off Chelsea in the other  semi final. 

I had to check to fixtures to make sure the game hadn't already been played. Really weird, Chelsea are looking a good team under Tuchel. They've got every chance of a result.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah if he's fit and available but we've still not heard anything and i'm assuming he's stuck in Turkey and he'll have to isolate when he gets back.

He won't have to Isolate if he's tested negative. It would be very weird if he's not playing on Sunday

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

lol

I find it really weird how people are 100% writing off Chelsea in the other  semi final. 

I had to check to fixtures to make sure the game hadn't already been played. Really weird, Chelsea are looking a good team under Tuchel. They've got every chance of a result.

It's obviously going to be a Chelsea vs Leicester final. Just so that the Chelsea vs Leicester match already scheduled for that weekend has to move. Or we play a double header, winner takes all, 3 points and trophy!

46 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He's been isolating for the last 10 days (hopefully) not sure he needs to double isolate 😬

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

49 minutes ago, los dedos said:

He's been isolating for the last 10 days (hopefully) not sure he needs to double isolate 😬

He doesn’t - hence Brendan saying it made sense to leave him in his bubble in Turkey still training as opposed to being back here where he’d have to be at home. 

3 hours ago, weller54 said:

I think you're right..

There's an 70-90% chance of that being right, in my estimation.

But it might be our day...

Soyuncu being available would be huge, as would Maddison despite the recent shit.

I still don't think we played that badly yesterday and if we're focused and confident we should be fine.

• Like 3

if Soyuncu is available bite the bullet and drop Jonny Evans a back 4 of Ricardo Fofana Soyuncu Castagne is the way forward to me also we can play 2 upfront without needing 3 CBs players available would suit a diamond midfield

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I’m sure Brendan said that he was completing his isolation in Turkey. Shouldn’t need to isolate when getting back to the UK.