Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

At least we have something to look forward to, and a huge opportunity to re-find our form. Still got a good chance of progressing to the final and still plenty of games left in the league to push for the top 4. 

As ridiculous and disappointing as it was from Maddison, Perez and Choudhury, we have to move on, and having Söyüncü back is a big bonus.

Not sold on the 3atb but struggling for alternatives. Also who would have thought arguably one of our biggest misses this season has been JJ. No one else has looked as comfortable on the left. Cannot face bringing any of the above straight into the starting lineup so Praet gets another chance for me. Other marginal call is Ricardo or Albrighton.

Schmeichel    
           Fofana - Evans - Söyüncü 

Albrighton - Ndidi - Tielemans - Castagne

Praet 

Iheanacho - Vardy

Just now, KFS said:

No doubt I’ll be massively up for this from tomorrow even though we have a team full of fvckers who don’t care.

Why am I like this?

Same mate 

I'm sick of the sight of all of them right now but I'll be pumped by the weekend.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Desperately wanted us to win today to ease the pressure on that final couple of weeks. If we win on Sunday we’ll have a final 10 days of Man Utd, FA Cup Final, Chelsea and Spurs, which is going to be insanely hard now that we’ll need to be picking up a decent points return. It’ll also distract from the build up and excitement for the cup final.

Oh well, first world problems.

• Haha 1

Schmeichel 

Fofana         Evans      Soyuncu

Castagne        Ndidi    Tielemans        Thomas

Maddison

Iheanacho    Vardy

Tell spice boy Maddison to fire us to the final

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Schmeichel 

Fofana         Evans      Soyuncu

Castagne        Ndidi    Tielemans        Thomas

Maddison

Iheanacho    Vardy

Tell spice boy Maddison to fire us to the final

Exactly. Hoping for a positive reaction from all 3. When they get the chance they need to be playing out of their skins for the rest of the season and be ready to drop by the end of 90 mins.

15 minutes ago, Manini said:

It’ll properly feel like the walls are caving in if we don’t win this. Dreading it. 

Fully expect us to get beat now too. I am seriously, seriously doubting this group of lads and their ‘mentality’ 

3 hours ago, Ricey said:

Desperately wanted us to win today to ease the pressure on that final couple of weeks. If we win on Sunday we’ll have a final 10 days of Man Utd, FA Cup Final, Chelsea and Spurs, which is going to be insanely hard now that we’ll need to be picking up a decent points return. It’ll also distract from the build up and excitement for the cup final.

Oh well, first world problems.

The only possible plus point with this scenario is for us to still be in with a genuine shout of top 4 then we will have built some good momentum from these next 4 league games and hopefully getting to the final. We have won 8 games on the spin under Rodgers and 5 games another time so we have it in us to go on runs but it all needs to fall in to place again and we are pinning our hopes on 2 players returning in Maddison and Barnes that have let us down massively.

Memories are short in football though and it will soon be forgotten if they come back and do the business, they owe us that. 

Southampton have come out the other side of a horror 2021, they will be very bullish for this game and will press and press. 

I don't even know what the best team is, I'm sick of 3 at the back but what's the alternative? We have only 2 players on form in Iheanacho and Tielemans and Albrighton our only option on the wing so 4-4-2 is out of the question and we haven't played the diamond this season have we except for the last 20 mins vs Liverpool. 

7 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

At least we have something to look forward to, and a huge opportunity to re-find our form. Still got a good chance of progressing to the final and still plenty of games left in the league to push for the top 4. 

As ridiculous and disappointing as it was from Maddison, Perez and Choudhury, we have to move on, and having Söyüncü back is a big bonus.

Not sold on the 3atb but struggling for alternatives. Also who would have thought arguably one of our biggest misses this season has been JJ. No one else has looked as comfortable on the left. Cannot face bringing any of the above straight into the starting lineup so Praet gets another chance for me. Other marginal call is Ricardo or Albrighton.

Schmeichel    
           Fofana - Evans - Söyüncü 

Albrighton - Ndidi - Tielemans - Castagne

Praet 

Iheanacho - Vardy

..swap Castagne with Albrighton and Soyüncü with Evans!!!

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I’m in the minority but I think you have to seriously consider benching Vardy for this.  If not, it should be a 4-4-2 diamond assuming Maddison is back.

What system would you play? We have 1 winger who is very workmanlike and very little pace elsewhere.

I keep looking at what else we can do and I'm stumped. Our squad is horribly restricted.

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I’m in the minority but I think you have to seriously consider benching Vardy for this.  If not, it should be a 4-4-2 diamond assuming Maddison is back.

I totally agree with vardy being benched offered nothing but the problem with that we do not have Barnes or under to make us play a 4 2 3 1 formation

So difficult not to look at our squad and be very annoyed with the lack of options out wide and up front, just feel the club have had plenty of warning in recent years and not done enough to have alternative options. Even the academy has fcuk all options, our bench is full of U23's but not a single one of them a forward or winger. Yet their busy signing more keepers.

• Like 1