Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

Baggies have got a Midlands double header with us and Villa. 

They'll be well up for both and we'll have to be pretty ruthless to win. 

Maybe the Mags will do us a favour Saturday lunchtime. 

As shite as they are, they sometimes pull out a weird result. 

I agree with you ( foxyjim ) it ain’t all that bad ,YET, I’m just watching the game , Southampton v wba ( our next two opponents) neither being anything special despite the score ( 3-0) think we’ll beat both in the coming days , I’m trying to stay positive about our league position as there is a lot of points still to play for , judge us after 38 games , the season is a marathon not a sprint 

Well a massive game with a lot on it. We always do well in those don't we!

Not expecting anyhting at all except a very hard game. Don't think it will be very high quality. Which Leicester will show up is the question for me? Will it be the confident team that beat Man Utd in the last round or the abject pathetic lot that were feeble against Man City and awful for most of the game against West Ham?

Absolutely no idea but if we play like we did in the first half yesterday we may as well not turn up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimmy said:

if Soyuncu is available bite the bullet and drop Jonny Evans a back 4 of Ricardo Fofana Soyuncu Castagne is the way forward to me also we can play 2 upfront without needing 3 CBs players available would suit a diamond midfield

No Evans needs to play. Both Cags and little Wes need his footballing brain to teach them.

• Like 2

Kasper 

Wes    Evans   Soyuncu 

Riccy     Youri     Wilf     Castagne 

Perez    Kelechi    Maddison

The party boys playing like wide 10s (and working their spoilt arses off) to support Iheanacho.

Vardy off the bench to stretch the game, but he's just too far off for me atm.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Southampton were absolutely horrific tonight, both sides will surely be coming out with a point to prove on Sunday. Either way if we don't win this we are an absolute disgrace.

Southampton have nothing to play for in the league, most of the team will have had their mind on the FA cup an not getting injured, an we should be able to smash them in the league game, the FA cup game will be more challenging tho. 

• Like 1

3 at the back , just gives ourselves problems...

We end up as a 5 and seem happy to surrender possession..

then when we do get the ball, we don’t have the numbers going forward to pose problems..

Timmy and Ricardo are so much better in a 4.. Timmy great at arriving late to our attacks whilst Ricardo is great at starting our moves from deep and linking with players..

3 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Fvck me this forum is absolutely poison. Its like a reactionary group of ten year old. We lost to the best team in the league, and in the end narrowly at West ham, so that means we are destined to lose to team who have been largely shite for 4 or 5 months? And they have better players than us in several positions?? Leave it out for Christ's sake, I'd take Ings, but still probably not over Vardy or Kelechi, and maybe Ward Prowse as a squad player but please can someone tell me who all their great players are. People seriously need to lighten up. When we win a game we are the best team ever and when we lose we are garbage, it's pathetic. How's about get behind the team in a massive game which we are favourites for. Yes despite a lot of people  taking all our recent success for granted, we sre 3rd in the league and favourites to win a fa cup semi final, it's not that bad at all really is it. 

Well said. Sums up the dreary old gits on here perfectly. Guarantee they sit in the West Stand with a flask and sandwiches in foil and just hurl abuse for 90 minutes. Old codgers

• Haha 2

Well we surely can’t play any worse than we did for 70 min against the hammers so I’m staying positive for a win against hasselhoffers saints. We just gotta come swinging right from kickoff just pure shock and awe they won’t be able to handle it. We’ve done it before we have the firepower just gotta have the mentality to wanna do it. So COYF FFS! :chant:

• Like 2