Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

48 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

We need to start kevin. We look much brighter when he is on

He will be in Sean's Team when he announces it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Sadly not there today and probably won't be for the final either if we make it.

Surely you can get that gig for work purposes??

King power boys got a horse at Newbury today called foxes tales, great chance. Very fitting if he were to win today with that name on the day of our FA semi. 
they had one a few days back called Kingsofthemidlands but he was slightly disappointing

7 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

King power boys got a horse at Newbury today called foxes tales, great chance. Very fitting if he were to win today with that name on the day of our FA semi. 
they had one a few days back called Kingsofthemidlands but he was slightly disappointing

Could be a sign? :whistle:

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Limitations on media tickets. I'm very low down the pecking order.

If that Stringer is there and you ain't, I expect you to have a word with him...my money would be on you!!!

If we do get through, I expect t nothing to stop us all from congregating  at Wembley for the final!!! :D

12 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

If Perez gets picked over Maddison there will be a huge meltdown on the pre-match thread, which I always see as a good omen!!

1 hour ago, LestaLad said:

Here we gooo

A good omen it is then... meltdown in 3...2...1...

• Sad 1

4-4-2

MA would have to start for me..only one that showed any kind of energy last week.. Ricardo RM

Castagne and Thomas fullbacks..

3-1 LCFC

3-5-2.... too defensive, against a team lacking confidence.. makes it a more even game for me

Just now, Rigga said:

4-4-2

MA would have to start for me..only one that showed any kind of energy last week.. Ricardo RM

3-1 LCFC

3-5-2.... too defensive, against a team lacking confidence.. makes it a more even game for me

It’s only defensive if we want it to be. Push the wing backs on and there can be 5 of 6 players in attacking positions.

8 minutes ago, Rigga said:

4-4-2

3-1 LCFC

I'm not overly keen on 3 at the back, but gives us an opportunity to completely control the midfield.

Fofana and Cags are also likely to make forward runs and allow midfielders to join in attacks.

We're also quite flexible and can alter formation during the game, depending who's on top, we've done that a fair few times this season.

Fofana could in effect move to right back and Perez could go out wide to move to a 4-4-2.

Also got the option of Iheanacho dropping deeper to go to a 4-5-1.

Or even a 4-3-3 if we wanted.

Edited by tom27111

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

What's your alternative with the players available?

14 minutes ago, Rigga said:

exactly...baffles me why... against Man City I can understand.... 

Why? It benefits us and accommodates a front 2 with Kelechi and Vardy. 

43 minutes ago, Rigga said:

We only  play 5 at the back when there’s no  wilf... don’t we ??🤷‍♂️

Losing Barnes has forced our hand.  No wingers.  Add to that Iheanacho's form and Vardy's 'undroppability' it will be five atb for the foreseeable.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1