Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'd be surprised if Perez or Maddison start personally, to our detriment. I like Praet in certain games but hes not a creative influence. I think Soyuncu for Amartey will be only change. 

I'd forgotten about Praet :ph34r:  It might be better for the squad if he gets first dibs.

I'll get my coat.

Starting to get the buzz now, think it’s finally dawned on me that we could be in a final.

The simplicity of today is, we turn up, we win. We’re a far superior side, we just need it to fall in to place today, and with Cags back, and James “party boy” Maddison I fancy us. I think this will kick start a run that’ll see us finish 3rd.

• Like 2

The key areas of debate for me are wingback and CAM.

With 2 of: 

Ricardo/ Marc/ Castagne 

And 1 of: 

Maddison/ Praet/ Perez 

Think Rodgers noting that Castagne on the left isn’t as effective could be telling, so wonder if he might switch it up. Personally would try Ricardo on the left and see if that’s any better as he seemed okay there against Salah a few weeks back and played there early on in his career. Would also like to see Marc on the right as he turned the game around when he came on last week and always gives 100%. 

As for the CAM position am hoping party boy Madders is fired up with a point to prove, and would be my pick. But wouldn’t be surprised to see Praet or Perez start in his place with Maddison brought on if we need a bit more creativity later on in the game.

Just my thoughts, either way hoping for a big performance from the lads.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

E209C195-C6DD-4ABB-8C8D-28A3F8390473.jpeg.1ca8eaa4629b5a209ac5c7b522fb82b4.jpeg

You know, as much as I dislike Mahrez, it was good to see them chatting away like this. Shows the camaraderie these two footballing peers had. The producer must have instructed the camera op. to pick this out. Obviously knew about the City connection...obviously :S

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I had my second pfizer jab yest and am feeling rough on the sofa. Been years since I felt this bad. Hoping I have the energy to watch. Have slept 9 and a half hours since last night

Get well soon. Hopefully an excellent performance later today will make you feel better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Genuinely think I'd cry if we won the cup. There's just something so elusive about it and the fact it all comes down to one game. One moment can make it.

The league win was spectacular and a miracle but it was a build up, over months. Cup finals and play offs - as well know all too well - can change on a sixpence. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, SHANE_ said:

Can only assume Maddison isn’t fit to start. Perez is meh in every aspect and not a player you want starting in a knockout game. 

Only played about 90 minutes worth of football in 2 months