Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

7 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Utter rubbish.

Why? They've got atleast 3 different teams to put out that should be winning the league. You're telling me they can't rotate them in 4 competitions? Who in world football has ever had a squad that deep. I'm not saying it wouldn't be an accomplishment but they should do it. 

8 minutes ago, Blueman1967 said:

Funny after watching Man city v Chelsea, feeling more nervous 

Same I’ve gone from feeling pretty much ambivalent to it all this morning to ‘Don’t you dare Leicester it tomorrow!!!’ 

I didn’t think we would have much of a chance against Man City but Chelsea.....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

On reflection I wonder if Pep was that bothered about the FA cup, I suspect not.

No one has ever done the quadruple before why on earth would he not be interested?

That’s the kind of comment I’d expect from a Man City fan.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Tomorrow's game is equal playing any prem side. One game could go either way. Nobody are favourites. God though I desperately want us to win

True, but let's not forget that we're the highest placed PL club left in the FA Cup.

• Haha 1

Just now, hackneyfox said:

No one has ever done the quadruple before why on earth would he not be interested?

That’s the kind of comment I’d expect from a Man City fan.

He would have played some of the rest of the squad if he was really up for it. Don’t get me wrong he gave it a go but I feel he was more concerned on other things.

17 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Why? They've got atleast 3 different teams to put out that should be winning the league. You're telling me they can't rotate them in 4 competitions? Who in world football has ever had a squad that deep. I'm not saying it wouldn't be an accomplishment but they should do it. 

They should absolutely be winning the league every year.  But even if they cruise to the final in all other competitions, that would mean they would have to win three one off games against elite opposition.  I'm happy to say that they could be favourites in all of them but in a one off game, anything is possible.  Saying they should be winning it is wide of the mark.  There's good reason why it's never been done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nnfox said:

They should absolutely be winning the league every year.  But even if they cruise to the final in all other competitions, that would mean they would have to win three one off games against elite opposition.  I'm happy to say that they could be favourites in all of them but in a one off game, anything is possible.  Saying they should be winning it is wide of the mark.  There's good reason why it's never been done.

Well they'd be favourites because they should win no? 

I just think that they should be winning everything. It may never have been done but there's never a been such a superior squad ever. They could put a different team out for 3 competitions and be favourites over just about everyone. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX