Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

That was peps mistake... 

pep made wholesale changes. We’ve stuck to the only formation we can really play effectively at the moment allowing Kelch to score goals, changing one or two faces to freshen it up. I’d much rather we have a few players in reserve if need be. Marc is an ideal player to bring in later on. 

I'd have preferred to see Castagne on the right and Thomas on the left. It brings a better balance to us and Timmy is better on the right.

Trying to fit Ricardo in is what's causing this lineup but I don't see that as a problem, He can play in the advanced wingers role with Timmy behind.

Can't really argue with the rest though again I would have preferred Albrighton on the left instead of Perez. This would bring a better balance to the team.

Let's just hope Brendan has been working on a plan and it works.

I think Albrighton probably deserved to start on his form, but I can understand why you might want to bring him into the match at a later point if that's what's needed. Hopefully Ricardo starts to hit his stride in this match, could do with the old Ricardo turning up soon. Seen flashes of it recently so fingers crossed. I'm confident if we turn up and do our stuff we win. But anything could happen I suppose - that's why it's great to get to this stage. Bring it on ! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dandy king said:

I think Albrighton probably deserved to start on his form, but I can understand why you might want to bring him into the match at a later point if that's what's needed. Hopefully Ricardo starts to hit his stride in this match, could do with the old Ricardo turning up soon. Seen flashes of it recently so fingers crossed. I'm confident if we turn up and do our stuff we win. But anything could happen I suppose - that's why it's great to get to this stage. Bring it on ! 

Where does he start though? The only place is right wing back really and hes just nowhere near as good as the other available options.

It's nice to have his intensity to bring on later if required

19 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Where does he start though? The only place is right wing back really and hes just nowhere near as good as the other available options.

I was thinking the same with Albrighton. Maybe Rogers is thinking if its a tight game and we're down to the last 20/30 min and we need the ball whipping into their box for Vardy or Nachos to get on the end if than its good backup plan.

5 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Is the BBC covering the game today live? Is it on iBBC player? (My backup is the Navscore app)

If you have some way of accessing BBC radio 5 online, it will be on there.

26 minutes ago, filbertway said:

True enough. He's one of those of those players that goes back to the bench even when he's playing well. He's deserving tho, brought more attacking threat to the side recently than quite a few others.