Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

Thanks to Facebook memories I’ve realised this game is 4 years ago to the day we have Atletico Madrid an almighty scare in the Champions League and 12 years to the day we secured promotion from League 1 by beating Southend. Properly pumped up for this game now! 

Edited by Fox in the North
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Perez/Madders need to show something tomorrow. I can't see both of them on the pitch so I think Perez will start.

Perez likes the Saints. :scarf:

If Perez gets picked over Maddison there will be a huge meltdown on the pre-match thread, which I always see as a good omen!!

4 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

Biggest game for five years tomorrow for me.

I won’t be watching I shall be too nervous so I’ll wait for updates on the phone. I just hope we turn up. I will accept it if we give it a go and fail. I just hope it doesn’t go to extra time and pens given the potential emotional hurt and the West Brom match on Thursday 

Irrespective of nerves, I think you should reconsider your intention not to watch this game. FA Cup semis don't come around often for us. Embrace the occasion. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

If Perez gets picked over Maddison there will be a huge meltdown on the pre-match thread, which I always see as a good omen!!

It'd be well deserved. It;d be like picking a reliant robin over a subaru impreza. Or in footballing terms... a bang average player over a quality player

23 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

12 hours until kick off! Getting bloody excited to see my team at Wembley with a chance to make and FA Cup final!

This is huge, I’ve lost count fo the amount of FA Cup finals I’ve watched and dreamed it was us walking out at Wembley! This is the best chance we’ve ever had and I’m like a kid on Christmas morning!

It also kicks off at 3:30am here, with me having to leave the house for work at about 7, just have to try and get a little sleep in at some point. 
Come on you Foxes!!! 🦊 🦊 🦊 

I'm tossing up going to bed at eight pm and setting me alarm and getting up and watching it live or drinking a gallon of coffee and staying up all the way through. Either option is good but for a game like this, you just have to watch it live. 

• Like 2

Went for my COVID test yesterday at 3.50 yesterday, which was a pre-requisite for attending today. Results within the hour they said and as of now, I've received nowt! Walk in job at 10am for a repeat it is. Very twitchy indeed. 

32 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Went for my COVID test yesterday at 3.50 yesterday, which was a pre-requisite for attending today. Results within the hour they said and as of now, I've received nowt! Walk in job at 10am for a repeat it is. Very twitchy indeed. 

At least it’s a later kick off. Fingers crossed 🤞

I don't wanna be getting ahead of myself but i've kinda stopped reading the rules and roadmap for easing restrictions to avoid disappointment as I have with the ticketing situation for the final, last I heard there was talk of 20,000 split between both teams, is this still the case?

Just now, Matt said:

I don't wanna be getting ahead of myself but i've kinda stopped reading the rules and roadmap for easing restrictions to avoid disappointment as I have with the ticketing situation for the final, last I heard there was talk of 20,000 split between both teams, is this still the case?

21,000 spectators but they haven’t specified how that will be split. I doubt it will be 50/50.

Just now, Ricey said:

21,000 spectators but they haven’t specified how that will be split. I doubt it will be 50/50.

Yeah course your corporates will have to be there but whatever they demand, whatevers left I would assume, none of this local tickets for local people BS.

Unlikely many of the proper fans (regardless of whoever makes the final) will get a ticket regardless at 21k but was just wondering as i've said i'd stopped taking any notice of the plans.

7 hours ago, filbertway said:

It'd be well deserved. It;d be like picking a reliant robin over a subaru impreza. Or in footballing terms... a bang average player over a quality player

Depends on how fit Madders actually is, if he can do 60 minutes of pressing then fair enough.

if we win today will there be a thread asking whether we should throw the FA cup final by playing the kids in order to rest the first 11 in an attempt to get 3 points from Chelsea/Spurs to secure top 4?

Try telling Kasper/Vardy etc. that they are being rested for what would be the biggest game of their career to save them for a league match.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

They are a v high press outfit (high risk = high reward) and unless we’re 100% on it, we may struggle rather more than some expect ...

I'm thinking that Perez will set the stage for Madders to finish them if necessary, but it is just a hunch.

I think Perez's commitment to his work off the ball is ignored by some, I'm not sure why. Reminds me of the opinions around Shinji. I guess the no10 is primarily seen as a creative role, where a player playing a sublime pass is seen as better than one who steals the ball and creates a chance that way.

Anyway, BR will know who is ready for what, so it'll soon be academic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'd be surprised if Perez or Maddison start personally, to our detriment. I like Praet in certain games but hes not a creative influence. I think Soyuncu for Amartey will be only change. 

Personally i can see Perez starting with madders replacing him after 60 mins. Would not be surprised if we see Albrighton start ahead of Ricardo either. Remember there are extra subs in the cup so plenty of opportunity to rotate/change shpe etc.

• Like 1