Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Final pre match thread (Chelsea)

3 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I guess we won't be able to take flags or banners in the ground for this?

Looks like Man City did - https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/gallery/man-city-fans-wembley-pictures-20463328 

I usually write to club / venue, confirming fire certification, flag size, nothing offensive on flag etc and get permission up front.   Last visit to Fulham was approached by their head of security and told no flags and to take it down.  Showed him the email confirming permission and it was from him!  Flag stayed up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

What does it matter if we lose the final and finish 5th? We’re just Tottenham. Feels like you pair share the players mentality, always been a little club and should be so grateful to even compete. You’re right too, Jim. We’ve been one of the top 3-4 sides in the league for two years, how do you do that and not qualify for UCL? Assuming ofcourse we balls it up like it’s looking we will (again). 

I don’t share your sentiments, capitulation isn’t good enough. Your acceptance of it if shared by players and staff results in a backwards trend. Little old Leicester, well let’s be honest, we shouldn’t be challenging for anything really anyway, right? Just glad to be having a go, it’s the taking part that counts etc.

You think players like Youri will accept this? No he and our better UCL standard players will be long gone.

Are you crazy? Capitulation IS good enough! We are such a small club! I will be more than happy to lose the FA Cup final and still finish 6th or even 7th! Actually, I would take that if you offered it to me right now with the Final and 3 games to go! I also think we should sack Rodgers and sell or maybe even give away our best players because to tell you the truth, I don't feel comfortable with little old Leicester competing for finals or top 4 finishes. Gives me nose bleeds :nono: 

I'm with you Sheppy! We are just Tottenham :surrender:

30 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Are you crazy? Capitulation IS good enough! We are such a small club! I will be more than happy to lose the FA Cup final and still finish 6th or even 7th! Actually, I would take that if you offered it to me right now with the Final and 3 games to go! I also think we should sack Rodgers and sell or maybe even give away our best players because to tell you the truth, I don't feel comfortable with little old Leicester competing for finals or top 4 finishes. Gives me nose bleeds :nono: 

I'm with you Sheppy! We are just Tottenham :surrender:

We won’t have to give them away, they’ll walk and it’s fine you’re happy with what’s happening, I’m not though. Yeah we’ve done well to hold a top 4 position for most of two seasons, if we lose it because of a Bournemouth like collapse again this year against Newcastle though it will be a massive failure. If/when we mess this up, you can pretend you’re happy all you like, there will only be a handful that believe you.

I’m really pleased we’re challenging top four clubs, it’s a huge leap for us from where we were only a decade ago. The question for me though is this;

Is performance without final result going to sustain our growth and development, or is it likely to force away key components like Youri? If the latter is the case, which I think it is then you’d better hope our recruitment team is forever perfect. As I said if you’re ok with it, it is what it is and nobody will convince you otherwise.

9 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

We won’t have to give them away, they’ll walk and it’s fine you’re happy with what’s happening, I’m not though. Yeah we’ve done well to hold a top 4 position for most of two seasons, if we lose it because of a Bournemouth like collapse again this year against Newcastle though it will be a massive failure. If/when we mess this up, you can pretend you’re happy all you like, there will only be a handful that believe you.

I’m really pleased we’re challenging top four clubs, it’s a huge leap for us from where we were only a decade ago. The question for me though is this;

Is performance without final result going to sustain our growth and development, or is it likely to force away key components like Youri? If the latter is the case, which I think it is then you’d better hope our recruitment team is forever perfect. As I said if you’re ok with it, it is what it is and nobody will convince you otherwise.

what exactly is happening? Maybe wait until we've played our 4 remaining games, one of which is an FA Cup final.. and then start the judgement. We may finish in the top 4, we may not. We may win the FA Cup final, we may not. Why post like it's already done and we've failed. I imagine it is personally how you deal with stress. I prefer to enjoy the fact we have a chance of winning the FA Cup and still have it in our hands to be in the Champions League. For some reason some on here, you included, take that optimism and enjoyment as accepting failure and that Leicester are a small club. The only thing I have accepted, is the reality of our current situation, an FA Cup final and 3 games to go for a top 4 finish. I will judge Rodgers and the players after the 4 games are done and we have either been successful or not. Crazy notion I know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

what exactly is happening? Maybe wait until we've played our 4 remaining games, one of which is an FA Cup final.. and then start the judgement. We may finish in the top 4, we may not. We may win the FA Cup final, we may not. Why post like it's already done and we've failed. I imagine it is personally how you deal with stress. I prefer to enjoy the fact we have a chance of winning the FA Cup and still have it in our hands to be in the Champions League. For some reason some on here, you included, take that optimism and enjoyment as accepting failure and that Leicester are a small club. The only thing I have accepted, is the reality of our current situation, an FA Cup final and 3 games to go for a top 4 finish. I will judge Rodgers and the players after the 4 games are done and we have either been successful or not. Crazy notion I know. 

I’d rather you be right than me, know that.  As for the personal remark regarding how I deal with stress, you should be more concerned with how our players and staff deal with it. 

3 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I’d rather you be right than me, know that.  As for the personal remark regarding how I deal with stress, you should be more concerned with how our players and staff deal with it. 

glass half full vs glass half empty :thumbup: 

Try and enjoy the ride. You never know, we could have the FA Cup and/or Champions League football in couple of weeks time.

If not, you have all summer to get into Rodgers and the players 

It is all about the first goal. We simply have to score first to have any chance at all.

They are possibly the worst match up of any side we could face and they are playing very well with Kante absolutely outstanding right now. They play a style and method that is everything we don't like and everything we can't seem to cope with.

If they get the first goal I'd say the game is pretty much over for us. They will just cut through us on the break.

They will start as overwhelming favourites. I just can't see us having any impact at all on their midifeld and defence yet ours is shambolic at times.

Sadly I fear a 3-0 defeat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

What does it matter if we lose the final and finish 5th? We’re just Tottenham. Feels like you pair share the players mentality, always been a little club and should be so grateful to even compete. You’re right too, Jim. We’ve been one of the top 3-4 sides in the league for two years, how do you do that and not qualify for UCL? Assuming ofcourse we balls it up like it’s looking we will (again). 

I don’t share your sentiments, capitulation isn’t good enough. Your acceptance of it if shared by players and staff results in a backwards trend. Little old Leicester, well let’s be honest, we shouldn’t be challenging for anything really anyway, right? Just glad to be having a go, it’s the taking part that counts etc.

You think players like Youri will accept this? No he and our better UCL standard players will be long gone.

Having supported Leicester for the best part of 40 years, I just appreciate how well we are doing, how far we have come, and am realistic that we’re only a couple of bad managerial appointments from finding ourselves at the wrong end of the league or back in championship.

Obviously I’d love us to win the FA Cup and secure top 4, but I have a bit of perspective and understand the challenges the squad have faced over the past two seasons.

To be where we are is an amazing achievement, there are 85 odd clubs in the football league that would swap with us in an instant, and only 4-5 that wouldn’t. 

If we lose on Saturday and people start saying Rodgers out and that we have capitulated it will be a joke. By definition one of the clubs on Saturday has to lose, it doesn’t mean that have capitulated, just one side out of the two didn’t win the football match.

Edited by jim5000
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, bovril said:

Did anybody on here go to the Soton game? Looking like I'll be going and I have a few questions about the procedure. 

step 1 Turn up with ticket

step 2 watch chelsea make mince meat of our team

step 3 cry and leave (it does not matter which you do first)

step 4 wait a few weeks to regain composure

step 5 blame richie wellens

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sishades said:

step 1 Turn up with ticket

step 2 watch chelsea make mince meat of our team

step 3 cry and leave (it does not matter which you do first)

step 4 wait a few weeks to regain composure

step 5 blame richie wellens

I can confirm this is the procedure .......

45 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Mad to think what our season could look like this time next week. Could be one of the best weeks in our history, could be one of the worst!

Feel for any Leicester fans with a heart condition.

Absolutely this! Although I would say being relegated to League 1 would still top the worst. 

Feels like we are underdogs for the final and also somehow the top 4, with so many predicting us dropping out. Could actually work in our favour 

• Like 1

On 09/05/2021 at 10:06, kiwiturk said:

Watching all those players who's  done Jack sh#t against Newcastle, I would put Cengo on the field vs Chelsea to make sure he can give us a grand farewell before he leaves. 

Why the hell not?

Surely he can do better than movie star Madison or stand up comedian Perez.

Are you related to Under or is it just ethnic loyalty?

You are the very definition of obsessive.

**** me, I’ve come in here to start getting in the cup final mood and it sounds like half of you lot are going to be jumping off one of those motorway bridges.

Vardy’s a big game player, he’ll score, we’ll win, tunchel will inexplicably play abraham up front who will miss a couple of sitters and he’ll have pulled his shorts up so far during the match he’ll finish it looking like he’s wearing a bow tie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

How many of our players understand the tradition and importance to fans of an FA Cup final? Seems mostly lost on the Sky/Premier League generation and probably more so on overseas players. 

Will they be bothered that much if we lose? I'm starting to wonder why I should anymore. Are we flogging a dead horse? 

33 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

How many of our players understand the tradition and importance to fans of an FA Cup final? Seems mostly lost on the Sky/Premier League generation and probably more so on overseas players. 

Will they be bothered that much if we lose? I'm starting to wonder why I should anymore. Are we flogging a dead horse? 

What are you basing that assumption on? 

19 minutes ago, Webbo said:

What are you basing that assumption on? 

No assumption being made. It's a general feeling about the modern day football community's attitude to the FA Cup. I'm mentally preparing the ground for the disappointing aftermath. 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

No assumption being made. It's a general feeling about the modern day football community's attitude to the FA Cup. I'm mentally preparing the ground for the disappointing aftermath. 

It's a chance to win a medal, and probably a big bonus. I can't see players not being bothered.