Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Final pre match thread (Chelsea)

Guest bennytwohats

The normally decent football365 have their preview writing us off.

https://www.football365.com/news/fa-cup-final-tactical-preview-chelsea-leicester

I’m sure there is something in a lot of the points but just feel that cup final the rule book goes out the window and if we turn up we can win. Good to be the underdog and hope we come out and prove the doubters wrong, just as we have done consistently over the past 5 years.

8 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

https://www.football365.com/news/fa-cup-final-tactical-preview-chelsea-leicester

I’m sure there is something in a lot of the points but just feel that cup final the rule book goes out the window and if we turn up we can win. Good to be the underdog and hope we come out and prove the doubters wrong, just as we have done consistently over the past 5 years.

Everyone is writing us off - its surely got to be a good sign. We seem to put in a better performance when we're the underdog.

I regret the Chelsea v Arsenal performance as I just don't see them being that poor two games running and see them having a reaction following a Tuchel Rollocking and analysis, but turn up, do what we do well and we'll be a match for them. If Evans plays I trust our back 3 to shut out anyone.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

Wow. That is almost negative enough about us to have been written by someone on a Foxes Talk match thread!

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

For the last week literally every pundit I've listened to or watched have written us off, not only today but also finishing top 4. Like our position over the entire season hasn't come from merit but push come to shove they can't see past the "big clubs". Maybe we wont maybe we will but I don't really care, it's more of an indictment of their bias and makes any future praise they give us taken with a pinch of salt. 

Today is a special day for fans. If we win it'll be amazing, an elation we wont forget for the rest of our lives. But if we lose that is also special. We'll carry the loss like the fans did back in 1969, 1963, 1961,1949. These emotions, good and bad, our love for this club a tradition that ties us all together, past, present and future. For those going to the game I hope you have a brilliant time. COME ON LEICESTER!!!!

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
5 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

For the last week literally every pundit I've listened to or watched have written us off, not only today but also finishing top 4. Like our position over the entire season hasn't come from merit but push come to shove they can't see past the "big clubs". Maybe we wont maybe we will but I don't really care, it's more of an indictment of their bias and makes any future praise they give us taken with a pinch of salt. 

Today is a special day for fans. If we win it'll be amazing, an elation we wont forget for the rest of our lives. But if we lose that is also special. We'll carry the loss like the fans did back in 1969, 1963, 1961,1949. These emotions, good and bad, our love for this club a tradition that ties us all together, past, present and future. For those going to the game I hope you have a brilliant time. COME ON LEICESTER!!!!

Great post, couldn’t agree more. Whatever the result, if we can’t enjoy the occasion then what’s it all for!

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Tuchel's record as a coach at winning things isn't as good as people think. We've a chance.

One of my mates is going today and he said something earlier that makes sense. What we don’t want to see is a boring 1-0 to Chelsea where Leicester don’t turn up. I wanna see us enjoy it and have a right fookin go
👍

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I regret the Chelsea v Arsenal performance as I just don't see them being that poor two games running and see them having a reaction following a Tuchel Rollocking and analysis, but turn up, do what we do well and we'll be a match for them. If Evans plays I trust our back 3 to shut out anyone.

Every game is different and the last game has no bearing on the next, we are a good team, we have to believe they will be poor/outplayed for 3 games running, Tuchel is due a slip blip. 

• Like 1

If you break it down to 11 v 11 …..

Kasper > Kepa / Mendy

Soyuncu = Rudiger

Evans  = Thiago

Fofana = Azpilicueta

Ricardo > James

Castagne = Alonso

N’Didi = Kante

Tielemans > Kovacic

Maddison < Mount

Iheanacho = Ziyech

Vardy = Werner

Man for man, not a lot in this if I’m honest. 

If, if Wilf can dominate the midfield and Maddison turns up we can take control of the midfield. 

The bench is the issue; they can bring on Giroud, Havertz, Jorginho, Chilwell etc