Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I can't see the Barcelona members voting for this. I don't know if things have changed since I was there, but I can't imagine them standing for this. Maybe the clubs crippling debts might sway them, but I can't believe they would do anything that has come from Madrid.

Edited by trabuch

If there’s anything really, really positive to come out of this it’s the sheer increase in the level of shit being hurled at Spurs and Arsenal.

They got some stick before, but this has sent it to an entirely different stratosphere.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Liverpool FC said:

Liverpool fan, see us go through great times and the worst.

I have been watching this forum since the news broke 48hrs ago, you guys are amazing.

I, along with every fan i speak to, are against this.

i believe we, and every other team thats joined should be banned form europe for one year, this would effect our owners more than us !

reading your comments shows the difference, for you guys its all about the football, this is what football should be all about.

I honestly do feel for real fans like yourself. 

I'm angry and saddened by it so I can only image how you feel knowing you're club are pushing for it. 

Regardless, know that although the world may be against your club, real fans are not against the people of Liverpool but rather the power hungry cvnys that have ripped the soul from your club. 

Guest bss9401

After this the FA and UEFA just have to change the whole financial package. The more you earn, the more you give to lower leagues, grassroots and academies. Funding could come from a choice of sources such as wage capping from the top down.

Same applies to womens football as there was a breakaway planned there and the wage gap would have increased to a ridiculous level.

This is an opportunity like few that we've seen before. 

10 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

The silence from the other clubs is deafening

There's a possibility this might still go ahead just with other clubs involved

If they can drag some other biggish sides into this I can see the likes of Tottenham and Arsenal still going ahead with it

No one cares about tottenahm or arsenal though, they’re hanging onto the coat tails of others clubs. 

• Like 1

Suspect Man City have confirmed withdrawal to protect their possible expulsion from the CL semis 

other clubs may not be prepared to pay any financial penalty to walk away at this stage 

Could be that any legal changes by out govt which scupper the project may well be considered  ‘force majeure’ and allow them to withdraw without any penalty ......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I honestly do feel for real fans like yourself. 

I'm angry and saddened by it so I can only image how you feel knowing you're club are pushing for it. 

Regardless, know that although the world may be against your club, real fans are not against the people of Liverpool but rather the power hungry cvnys that have ripped the soul from your club. 

As is stands matey, we dont have a club, not the club i watched in 1984 against madrid.

We are walking alone, yet together with all fans.

Its not over yet by far.

• Like 2

Just now, The People's Hero said:

Wonder what will happen when Mourinho's cheque bounces.

We're probably only a week or so away from him turning up on some half time pundit panel, where he'll start burying anything and anyone related to Spurs to try and salvage his own reputation. That will give us something entertaining to look forward to lol

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Hope fans now realise we don't have to put up with sh*t we don't like.

Together, collectively we have a voice.

Government need to carry on with its review into Football governance regardless of the change.

Agree with the sentiment but we also need a review of this government. Cronyism, corruption, their pandemic response last year etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool FC said:

As is stands matey, we dont have a club, not the club i watched in 1984 against madrid.

We are walking alone, yet together with all fans.

Its not over yet by far.

The club is the fans not the owners. No matter what power they think they hold or how much they dismiss you. 

Just now, Kingleicester said:

We absolutely know the answer to this, should not even question it, our club is the best run club on the planet 

I know, of course. But years and years of supporting Leicester means I always fear a late equaliser.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

There’s strong suggestions on Twitter this is completely falling apart.

Apparently a certain Harry Maguire confronted Ed Woodward during a meeting with the players at Carrington after the announcement.

Was he defending his sister? :ph34r:

• Haha 1