Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

15/21 still isn't 75% though.

The PL could stick everything in a spreadsheet and sneak a quick =ROUND(15/21,0) in there. Nobody would notice amidst this clusterfvck. 

21 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I have to take my hat off to the 12 clubs. In arguably the most fractured time for people across Europe in decades, the 12 clubs being greedy cnuts has managed to Unite millions upon millions of people. 

Agreed. 

It's not like 645,000 people have just died in Europe because of a pandemic.

Oh, wait a minute ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Is it only me who finds this completely underwhelming? 

I know this is far from a simple issue - and will take time to resolve - but it's not particularly strongly-worded, nor does it condemn directly the action of the clubs in question and it smacks of indecision. 

Come on, Premier League. Now is the time to prove you're more than a conduit for these fvcking arseholes' cashflows. Hit them hard.

It just seems so flimsy. It's just words when action is what's needed. I think a lot of people are worried that for all the words the premier league and Uefa will eventually just accept the super league. They need to show that this won't happen by taking action and banning clubs immediately. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Nah he's shit. He'd have been on TV saying it was that already if it was. 

I honestly think the super league has something to do with his sacking. 

Probably in his contract that he only gets his payout if he keeps his mouth shut. 

There’s a fundamental contradiction to the ESL that is almost impossible to reconcile. 

The ESL’s ‘closed shop’ model will always be dead in the water. But if you make the ESL more meritocratic, you seriously risk losing the likes of Arsenal, AC Milan, Spurs and arguably Chelsea. (which because these clubs were invited, the ESL need). 

Edited by Glorious Leicester Fan

5 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I know this is far from a simple issue - and will take time to resolve - but it's not particularly strongly-worded, nor does it condemn directly the action of the clubs in question and it smacks of indecision. 

Come on, Premier League. Now is the time to prove you're more than a conduit for these fvcking arseholes' cashflows. Hit them hard.

What else can they do at this stage? The info came out 2 days ago. PL clubs have only just met about it. There's a ton of moving parts, complexities and stakeholders. 

They can't rush into a decision and any punishment needs to be rock solid from a rules and legality point of view. At the moment it's not even clear if the ESL clubs have only publicised their intent, or whether they've actually formally committed to it. If they've not fully committed to it, can they even be punished for simply intent? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I think it was a perfectly level headed statement from the Premier League.  As others have said, keep your cards close to your chest at this stage.

To me it read a bit like:

"Aw we're so sad and upset to see you go"

image.thumb.png.21f3aa53eb697f004d20416989a43a12.png

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

image.png.53bea115f85a071030389ce46ae0c75c.png

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I doubt you've got much chance with Messi and Ronaldo, Mr Tax Fraud 1 and Mr Tax Fraud 2.

They're also basically oaps. 

Them and Ibrahimovic would love it. Means they don't have to live in China

Just now, whitlock said:

Surely this ends up falling on its arse, the sooner players of these clubs come out to condem it.

It's not going to be much of a 'Super' league if they 'Super' players decide they will not be taking part within it.

Agree. The key for me is that the twelve clubs shouldn't be able to just say sorry and move on. They should feel the consequences through being made to start from the bottom of their football pyramids. 

Just now, SemperEadem said:

The anger and rage the supporters of these clubs must be feeling.

I said the other day when it broke, you've got to feel for the front of house staff of the clubs, social media admins too - the amount of vitriol they'll be getting is unpleasant. Which makes the owner's behaviour even more cowardly and reprehensible.

• Like 3