Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Buce said:

It was obvious after five minutes that it wasn't working, yet he made no change in formation or personnel until his customary 60th minute.

You're a decent bloke and I usually like your posts but you're not a City fan, so it's little wonder you're not feeing what we are. No offence.

It's also a bit cheeky of someone who isn't a city fan to dictate what certain fans should feel

Just now, Unabomber said:

Do you really think Rodgers playing castagne in a back 3 tonight will be talked about in 15 years from now? How many years ago was it since Holloway played Harry Worley in CM cos me and my mates ain’t talked about that one for a while. 

Harry Worley gets brought up in our conversations.

We are ****ing boring mind.

Just now, Buce said:

It was obvious after five minutes that it wasn't working, yet he made no change in formation or personnel until his customary 60th minute.

At which point he made a change which actually made our shape and formation worse and we promptly shipped 2 more pathetic goals. If he was so set on keeping that appalling defense together, then why not just bring on Perez for Maddison, instead of taking off Ndidi and leaving the centre of the pitch wide open for Newcastle to get at our shaky disorganised back 3? Rodgers decisions tonight beggared belief, I can't understand what the hell he was thinking of.

Just now, Unabomber said:

Do you really think Rodgers playing castagne in a back 3 tonight will be talked about in 15 years from now? How many years ago was it since Holloway played Harry Worley in CM cos me and my mates ain’t talked about that one for a while. 

Mate it was an absolutely awful call. Sorry for being dramatic - we had a CB on the bench why didn’t he just do that instead when Evans got injured? 

11 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Yawn 

Exactly what I do everytime Brendan doesn’t react to on field actions, clearly showing what’s about to come.

I want the ****er out. He’s been stealing a living off the talent we have for years.

It’s a shame that this board is full of a lot of fans who are happy with mediocre.

We’ll see next season how mediocre Brendan is when our talent that is carrying us leave.

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

That is a seriously embarrassing post. I hope you wake up with a very sore head and apologise for that complete nonsense. Also aren’t you the guy who was slagging off Mendy as if he shagged ya wife even when he was doing a great job for us? Apologies if that was some other moron.

It’s fine to stick your head in the sand like an ostrich. We won’t make top 4 now because Brendan is a bottle job.

When you call someone’s post embarrassing but can’t actually argue any of the points I make just shows you don’t disagree but it’s a defence mechanism of yours to hide your own disappointment of the bs you just watched. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peterborofox said:

An elite manager pundits like Savage call him 

Elite managers don't lose at home to Villa, Fulham, Everton, West Ham, Newcastle, Leeds and Arsenal. 

All of them with the exception of West Ham are not up there. 

Chucked away far too many points this season. 

Elite manager 😂

If Puel was in charge for games like today there would be carnage

This is the problem idiots who look at individual performances and individual games to make their judgement not the whole!

I could easily cherry pick Man City away, Spurs away and Man Utd in the FA Cup as reason why he is an elite manager.

There may be carnage if Puel was in charge for that because he never had us in the top 4, never took us to an FA Cup final...

Look at the whole picture not bits that suit your agenda.

We haven’t been out of the top 5 for two season, we have played in Europe and will play in an FA Cup final.

• Like 2

He can rightly take some blame for the lack of changes when down tonight but we have still done well this season. Champions league is slipping away again but anything can happen. Miracles do happen.

If we win the fa cup and dont make champs league i think most would still be happy abouy a successful season.

Edited by Jattdogg

10 minutes ago, Manini said:

It’s just raw isn’t it and as a figurehead for the team he’s obviously going to take some flak. I think the reason folk get personal and start saying stuff like that is because it defies logic, it’s hard to be reasonable. How we can look so assured for 30 games in a season, pick up some really valuable points and look mentally solid....and then for the last 8 games look like we belong in the championship. Im scratching my head mate. I’m a bit deflated because I really thought it was going to be different this year but it’s the same story, pretty much word for word, yet again. Just disappointed. 

...can't live we pressure!!!

No pressure at start of season and we can play and strut our stuff because of the freedom. When it comes to real pressure we do not turn up, we just go to pieces and we are like a bunch of individuals. No leaders on the pitch, Tielemans not involved and hasn't the personality to galvanise the team, but is unreal when not under pressure.

We should have changed it when we went a goal down, we were just not on it and waited too long to change it. Rodgers lacks the ruthlessness to take a player out of a game when not performing.

If you watched the game tonight, Pep wouldn't have won us the game. What can any manager do when the team played with no intensity, couldn't make a pass to a player within 3 yards and played in one gear all game. 

15 minutes ago, Manini said:

Guardiola, at a push. But he is very bald so I dunno...

Jesus christ no!

Joking or not I have to bite at this comment.

I want that **** and his boring football no where near us.

He's the reason footballs so shit nowadays.

5 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

An elite manager pundits like Savage call him 

Elite managers don't lose at home to Villa, Fulham, Everton, West Ham, Newcastle, Leeds and Arsenal. 

All of them with the exception of West Ham are not up there. 

Chucked away far too many points this season. 

Elite manager 😂

If Puel was in charge for games like today there would be carnage

I mean since January Klopp has lost to Burnley, Brighton, Everton, Fulham, and drew with West Brom and Newcastle at home

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

You're a decent bloke and I usually like your posts but you're not a City fan, so it's little wonder you're not feeing what we are. No offence.

As a city fan though I can remember a very painful history.

We've lost a couple of games we should have won. Yes I'm angry. Everyone's passions are high. But some of the comments on here are clearly being made by people with very short memories.

Every manager we've ever had has been slated on here, but, if we look past a few games where we've played badly, (because every team experiences plenty of those), how many have done as well as Rodgers has in the majority of games he's managed for us? And who would people realistically like him replaced with, that they think could do a better job?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

I get that, no offence taken. I obviously won't take it as badly tonight as most of you but trust me I know what failure feels like as a football fan, this season of all seasons.

Rodgers could have done things differently tonight, particularly in the second-half when a reaction was required but even if he made the correct moves when people like Soyuncu performed the way they did and made the basic mistakes they made I'm not sure what difference it would have made. The most disappointing thing for me tonight was the lack of urgency and desire, no matter the personnel or system that should never be an issue, especially given whats at stake and on that front the players need to have a long hard look at themselves.

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Isn't he a blast from the past.... 

I'd like to think there's alot of disappointed in here speaking in the heat of the moment. Not time to sack him but maybe time to face the fact he isn't in that 'elite' bracket. 

• Like 1

Just now, deanolegend1989 said:

Exactly what I do everytime Brendan doesn’t react to on field actions, clearly showing what’s about to come.

I want the ****er out. He’s been stealing a living off the talent we have for years.

It’s a shame that this board is full of a lot of fans who are happy with mediocre.

We’ll see next season how mediocre Brendan is when our talent that is carrying us leave.

It’s fine to stick your head in the sand like an ostrich. We won’t make top 4 now because Brendan is a bottle job.

When you call someone’s post embarrassing but can’t actually argue any of the points I make just shows you don’t disagree but it’s a defence mechanism of yours to hide your own disappointment of the bs you just watched. 

Can’t argue the points and can’t be arsed to argue the points are very different. You are prob the most reactive person on here. Did you not slag mendy off after we beat Man City 5-2 away for example? I get tonight was disappointing, annoying and abit of a joke but we haven’t not got top 4 yet. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Jesus christ no!

Joking or not I have to bite at this comment.

I want that **** and his boring football no where near us.

He's the reason footballs so shit nowadays.

I think he’s sound where he is mate I wouldn’t worry about him coming here. 

• Like 1

Guest ttfn
5 minutes ago, Corky said:

I've got no idea where that came from tonight. The baffling decision to take off Ndidi at 2-0 and leave us totally exposed in the middle then bring Mendy on much later was hilariously strange.

Siri show me shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

If you watched the game tonight, Pep wouldn't have won us the game. What can any manager do when the team played with no intensity, couldn't make a pass to a player within 3 yards and played in one gear all game. 

I mean that is his job, players take blame also but Rodgers had an absolute mare tonight and it serves nobody saying otherwise 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Would you really be that upset if Spurs nabbed him? 

Yes. Because then every chance we get another Puel in who has us barely scraping top half.

Imagine not being annoyed if we lost the manager who even got us into a position to fight for champions league football ffs

Team has barely changed from when Puel was in charge yet you are all acting like anyone could get us in this position

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Isn't he a blast from the past.... 

I'd like to think there's alot of disappointed in here speaking in the heat of the moment. Not time to sack him but maybe time to face the fact he isn't in that 'elite' bracket. 

Yeah I agree. He isn’t elite by any stretch yet. These idiots wanting him gone and saying the squad would be higher under a different manager, exactly which manager is this?