Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Some of the stuff in here is ridiculous. 

I do think Brendan made a mistake by dropping Thomas for Riccardo at LWB before Evans injury and the Albrighton thing at LBW was double weird, but todays performance was down to some woeful individually performances and not just the manager. They were up for it, we weren't. We only seemed to look energised at 0-4 and that isnt down to Rodgers.

Caglar had his worst game ever for us. That Cruyff turn that led to the first goal was a Meme moment. Ndidi was strolling around, Tieleman looked fudged and Maddison has this weird thing even when fit that he doesnt seem to have enough muscle in his legs to pass on shoot when some power is needed!! So weird to see.

A 5/10 for Brendan, 2/10 from the troops he put out to battle.

He does that Cruyff turn time and time again, so much so it's become predictable.

It was anticipated tonight and we paid for it

Guest ttfn
6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yes. Because then every chance we get another Puel in who has us barely scraping top half.

Imagine not being annoyed if we lost the manager who even got us into a position to fight for champions league football ffs

Team has barely changed from when Puel was in charge yet you are all acting like anyone could get us in this position

Well...

Lets be fair. Tielemans seems a shoo-in for player of the year and was handed to Rodgers when he started after 2 games under Puel. Anybody who saw Tielemans’ debut against Spurs could tell you he was a class act. Ndidi was 21 when Puel got sacked, Barnes 19, Soyuncu 22. These are all key players who would have got better anyway, but Rodgers’ coaching has helped make them into real top quality players and he deserved huge credit for that.

But I don’t think it’s as simple as looking at the starting XI and thinking Rodgers is a miracle worker. He’s done a great job with coaching the players - you can see that from the way that when we’re on it each player seems to know their role and the technique is more of than not spot on. But tactically he is flawed in ways that seem destined to trip us up at inopportune moments. I think there’s also a recurring question mark about whether he is willing to make really tough decisions.

1 minute ago, foxes4life said:

Chelsea got rid of Lampard after taking them to an FA Cup final, they saw he wasn't good enough and got rid, we need to be brave. Give him the final but if he loses that and bottles the top 4 again then he needs to go, he's destroying this club.  

I think the fact they were 9th in the league after spending £200million probably had a big factor in why he was sacked.

Destroying this club, jesus christ, what was Puel doing to it then when we finished 9th?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foxes4life said:

Chelsea got rid of Lampard after taking them to an FA Cup final, they saw he wasn't good enough and got rid, we need to be brave. Give him the final but if he loses that and bottles the top 4 again then he needs to go, he's destroying this club.  

Mate that is harsh, just answer this then, who is a better available manger out there then Brendan?

Edited by Kingleicester

Post match from BR.

We've got young players

Made too many mistakes

We weren't 'concentrated'

Losing Jonny was a big miss

Respect to Newcastle, punished our mistakes

Not up to our usual level

But still proud of the players :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ok, Jonny Evans pulls up injured. What do you do ? You can change one player because that’s the rules ? Go on, tell me.

and don’t say play Fofana and Soy in a back 4. It’s evident that they both lack the experience to play as a two. That game showed that! 

Look, we’ve got good players but real top players. I mean guys who show up in the CL year on year, adapt. These players are struggling to do that. 

It can’t always be the managers fault if things go wrong. That’s what I’m saying. We were sloppy, slow and lethargic in our approach today. There was no fast ball movement for 80 (yes EIGHTY ) minutes today. I can’t just put that down to the manager. The players have let themselves down today. 

At least you are making your opinion so fair play.
Id play:

Kasper

Castange Fofana Soyuncu Thomas

Praet Ndidi Tielemens

Madders

Vardy Nacho

When you got experience missing, what do you do? Play someone who doesn’t play CB to  come in? Put a guy whose so right footed and a midfielder at LB? It’s mental. It’s counter productive. It’s hand brake on I’m scared.

Injuries happen, adjust ffs!

Make it a ‘we attack, you attack’ game. Throw the sink at it and dominate the middle and get bodies in the attacking areas.

You say Fofana and Soyuncu are inexperienced in a 2, so why add an equally inexperienced 3rd cb with less bodies forward?

Surely if we know we will struggle defensively we should go for it to force Newcastle to be forced to defend rather than invite pressure on our under strength defence by using less players in forward areas to have out balls too.

We had 2 or 3 huge warnings , culminating in Saint maxims sitter, yet nope no adjusting just praying we see the storm out. Should we be surprised? No he does it all the time, he just puts his head down and waits until it’s too late.

That first 45 was probably the worst performance I’ve ever seen with this squad, up there with Brighton at home last season.

Games that we ‘must win’ we bottle. He bottled it and he knows it.

Ive been saying for so long this but not once have I wanted him gone, today has changed this.

If we don’t get top 4 he’s out for me. It’s not good enough it’s not acceptable.

Maybe we are a small club and it’s acceptable to fail but it’s not acceptable for any club with any ambition to throw it away like we have, TWICE.

5 minutes ago, foxes4life said:

You are having a laugh 

5 minutes ago, foxes4life said:

What’s the point in trolling man just let people have proper conversations about football

2 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

He does that Cruyff turn time and time again, so much so it's become predictable.

It was anticipated tonight and we paid for it

Its great he has the confidence to do it but for me he looks all over the shop when we play three centre backs.

We cant bury the lad for one disaster of a game but it is disappointing that his error cost us a goal and any momentum.

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Post match from BR.

We've got young players

Made too many mistakes

He didn't mention we were "too passive" however!

It genuinely shocked me!

Thats one of his stock comments he makes after every game, win, draw or lose, I was abit disappointed really, I was prepped to down a drink playing a game of Brendan Bingo!

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, Vestan Pance said:

He has his faults but he's not destroying the club is he. Totally stupid notion.

This year was our one shot, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea have all been shit, we needed to capitalise on this and qualify for the Champions League to move this club up to the next level permanently. Rodgers shit tactics has ****ed us again like it did last season so yes he is destroying the club. The so called "big 6" wont give us this chance again next season. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It is Rodgers' job to instill that mentality though and this isn't the first time it's happened either, why do they continue to dip when the going gets tough and this has happened elsewhere at Liverpool for example, the players aren't blameless but this is a trait that has followed Rodgers throughout his career and it's clearly linked to his coaching in high pressure moments. I mean the setup today half of them didn't even know what they were doing it seems like, but I'm not excusing the players either.

But we have to accept that we are overachieving compared to the other clubs in and around us. It won't be as easy for us as it will be for the Man City’s of this league, because quite simply we don't have the same quality or experience. We're still in the driving seat for Champions league so until we give that up I won't say we've bottled it. 

In terms of us this season, we've done well in the games against the big 6 in the high pressure games and we've got to a FA cup final so we have performed okay in the big games.

Tonight was poor and everyone takes blame for that, but a workman can only do so much with the tools he has, and quite simply our players played like blunt tools tonight, incapable of doing anything. I agree that the set up didn't seem right today but individual poor mistakes cost tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Post match from BR.

We've got young players

Made too many mistakes

Why not say..

I fuuked up

When jonny went off I could have put fuchs in.

I started Maddison who is off form and doesn't fit 

Edited by foxinsocks

Just now, shailen said:

But we have to accept that we are overachieving compared to the other clubs in and around us. It won't be as easy for us as it will be for the Man City’s of this league, because quite simply we don't have the same quality or experience. We're still in the driving seat for Champions league so until we give that up I won't say we've bottled it. 

In terms of us this season, we've done well in the games against the big 6 in the high pressure games and we've got to a FA cup final so we have performed okay in the big games.

Tonight was poor and everyone takes blame for that, but a workman can only do so much with the tools he has, and quite simply our players played like blunt tools tonight, incapable of doing anything. I agree that the set up didn't seem right today but individual poor mistakes cost tonight. 

Yeah that's all fine, you could argue being in this position twice in a row indicates it's not overachieving but let's contextualise this. We were playing a Newcastle side who effectively had nowt to play for, We win today it's practically done for us, might've need a few points here and there. It's not like we've been outclassed by a team with a bigger budget or a side close to us in the table.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

At least you are making your opinion so fair play.
Id play:

Kasper

Castange Fofana Soyuncu Thomas

Praet Ndidi Tielemens

Madders

Vardy Nacho

When you got experience missing, what do you do? Play someone who doesn’t play CB to  come in? Put a guy whose so right footed and a midfielder at LB? It’s mental. It’s counter productive. It’s hand brake on I’m scared.

Injuries happen, adjust ffs!

Make it a ‘we attack, you attack’ game. Throw the sink at it and dominate the middle and get bodies in the attacking areas.

You say Fofana and Soyuncu are inexperienced in a 2, so why add an equally inexperienced 3rd cb with less bodies forward?

Surely if we know we will struggle defensively we should go for it to force Newcastle to be forced to defend rather than invite pressure on our under strength defence by using less players in forward areas to have out balls too.

We had 2 or 3 huge warnings , culminating in Saint maxims sitter, yet nope no adjusting just praying we see the storm out. Should we be surprised? No he does it all the time, he just puts his head down and waits until it’s too late.

That first 45 was probably the worst performance I’ve ever seen with this squad, up there with Brighton at home last season.

Games that we ‘must win’ we bottle. He bottled it and he knows it.

Ive been saying for so long this but not once have I wanted him gone, today has changed this.

If we don’t get top 4 he’s out for me. It’s not good enough it’s not acceptable.

Maybe we are a small club and it’s acceptable to fail but it’s not acceptable for any club with any ambition to throw it away like we have, TWICE.

You can’t play the 4 with Soy and Fofana. They were at sixes and sevens playing in that three without Evans. Their in experienced showed and the guess what, the manager knows that. 

It was a disgusting performance. One I can’t accept. However, the performance was made up of misplaced passes, giving the ball away in positions we shouldn’t and individual mistakes. This defeat was more so on the players and their application than the manager. 

For me, this is the best team we’ve had but they just lack something. That little bit of special in games where you should expect it and they sometimes go into their shells. They’re youngish and when we perform like that, it’s not all about tactics or substitutions. It simple application. 

With the players we had on the pitch today, never should we lose 4-2.

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

Jesus christ no!

Joking or not I have to bite at this comment.

I want that **** and his boring football no where near us.

He's the reason footballs so shit nowadays.

And this is where I log off. Night folks.

• Sad 1

Guest ttfn
Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

You can’t play the 4 with Soy and Fofana. They were at sixes and sevens playing in that three without Evans. Their in experienced showed and the guess what, the manager knows that. 

It was a disgusting performance. One I can’t accept. However, the performance was made up of misplaced passes, giving the ball away in positions we shouldn’t and individual mistakes. This defeat was more so on the players and their application than the manager. 

For me, this is the best team we’ve had but they just lack something. That little bit of special in games where you should expect it and they sometimes go into their shells. They’re youngish and when we perform like that, it’s not all about tactics or substitutions. It simple application. 

With the players we had on the pitch today, never should we lose 4-2.

I don’t think that the fact that they struggled without evans in a 3 means they can’t play in a 4.

Today was a very unusual situation: plans were thrown into disarray at the last minute, the whole team was preparing to play with a 3 (and evans at centre back). Fofana and Soyuncu are both professional centre backs, they should be capable of handling playing in a back 4 at home to Newcastle. 

Cup final and 3rd, not good for some... people need to calm down and wait to see how we respond. The next few games are the biggest now we will need four points minimum. I get it we have made the job very hard for ourselves, but it isn’t impossible we have beaten all these sides already this season

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

Why not say..

I fuuked up

When jonny went off I could have put fuchs in.

I started Maddison who is off form and doesn't fit 

I think you're right but he messed up but I'd be building the formation around Maddison not dropping him. Madders isnt going to get into form from the bench. 

we shouldn't have played castagne as a CH

we shouldn't have played Ricardo as wing back, he's clearly unfit. 

when Evans got injured we shod have played 2 banks of 4 and made sure we didn't concede first half and played with vardy and madders or nacho and madders. 

• Like 1