Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

38 minutes ago, foxes4life said:

Chelsea got rid of Lampard after taking them to an FA Cup final, they saw he wasn't good enough and got rid, we need to be brave. Give him the final but if he loses that and bottles the top 4 again then he needs to go, he's destroying this club.  

How is this glorious forum free to use? That's gold that, Where's your go fund me page, let's get you what you deserve.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Don’t be ridiculous. It’s not a case of being ‘entitled’ at all. The club’s expectations have risen massively since then - as, inevitably, have ours. (Ditto Man City from a bit further back.)

No Leicester fan in their right mind can have felt anything other than overwhelming anger and disappointment at the way the team played tonight, potentially destroying all our hopes of reaching the Champions League - an objective we have been working towards all season.

Did I say I was not disappointed.

Guest ttfn
1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Here’s the problem: Rodgers thinks he’s an elite manager. He’ll appear on any platform that will have him, talking about how he worked at “great institutions” like Liverpool and Celtic. We all know that he’s angling for a profile and a future away from Leicester City.

But the reality is that he’s no better than LCFC - because his teams are mentally weak and capitulate when the pressure comes on despite playing lovely football - and LCFC are no better than him.

Despite some of the crazy comments in here about him going (which I think are just heat of the moment), I think we accept this reality. But I don’t think he does.

And that’s why it’s hard for us to warm to him. He did nothing to dampen the Arsenal speculation last season and was happy to take a bumper contract off the back of it. When things went awry last season he failed to own it when he could have (his interview post-Bournemouth needed a “hands up I got it wrong” but instead he chucked Iheanacho under a bus). He’s too proud and too believing of his own hype.

I was pleased after the Man City game away at the start of the season to hear him talk about compromising on some of his principles. For the first time ever, I thought he showed an understanding of where he was actually at in managing Leicester City. It was a humility I hadn’t seen from him before (albeit easier to show after a widely-acclaimed result).

The principle he will need to compromise on next - which will make or break him - is the profile of player he signs this summer. What this group need is some strong, older heads (ala Henderson and Milner) and I fear, in believing his elite manager hype, he won’t want to deviate from his “I coach good young players to be better” mantra.

And so the close but no cigar cycle will start again. Good start, nice football, lots of plaudits. Capitulation at crunch time.

This is all true but at the same time the results have been better than we could reasonably expect under any other manager we could realistically attract. 

We’re all pissed off at the moment but the reality is that had you offered us 2 decent cracks at the top 4, a cup semi and a cup final over 2 seasons at the start of 19/20 we’d have all snapped your arm off. 

But you’re right to imply that the next few days (and then depending on what happens, weeks) are critical in Rodgers’ career. Whether it’s fair or not he will get a reputation as a man who can’t finish the job if we don’t get over the line or win the cup this year.

4 minutes ago, Fktf said:

I think I got your post, despite the flack you're getting. Some people are overreacting and saying BR is destroying the club, or holding us back. But how can that be the case, when this will probably be our second most successful in the last decade (or even two decades).

We're punching well above our weight at the moment. Will it be devastating not to finish the job? Sure. Is it a sign we have the wrong man in charge, absolutely not.

Exactly,I really don’t give one about the flak.

you’ve just said it better than me.

He’s a brilliant manager. Poor defending cost us tonight. I agree with many, that we should have gone to 4 at the back, once Evans was injured, but when you’ve spent all week training in a set formation, to then change, literally last minute, I have some sympathy with the staff.

We are 3rd with 3 games to go this season. We do ished 5rh last year, and I camt see us finishing below that this year. These 2 years are literally the most consistent our amazing club has ever been, an incredible achievement given the funds those around have and continue to spend for a duration that started before were even promoted. We are in our first FA cup final for over 50 years. We have done an incredible job this last decade, and we are without doubt the best football team to support in this country, if not the world. Keep the faith, we are Leicester til we die x

4 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

‘Destroying this club’ is the phrase you use about Mike Ashley or the Venky’s - not a manager who’s sitting 3rd in the table and in an FA cup final.

Tonight was shite, a lot of individual performances were verging on embarrassing & Brendan got it wrong. But wow some strong words used here. 

Words of people who get so furious they're unable to engage their rational brain, if they even have one 

7 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Here’s the problem: Rodgers thinks he’s an elite manager. He’ll appear on any platform that will have him, talking about how he worked at “great institutions” like Liverpool and Celtic. We all know that he’s angling for a profile and a future away from Leicester City.

But the reality is that he’s no better than LCFC - because his teams are mentally weak and capitulate when the pressure comes on despite playing lovely football - and LCFC are no better than him.

Despite some of the crazy comments in here about him going (which I think are just heat of the moment), I think we accept this reality. But I don’t think he does.

And that’s why it’s hard for us to warm to him. He did nothing to dampen the Arsenal speculation last season and was happy to take a bumper contract off the back of it. When things went awry last season he failed to own it when he could have (his interview post-Bournemouth needed a “hands up I got it wrong” but instead he chucked Iheanacho under a bus). He’s too proud and too believing of his own hype.

I was pleased after the Man City game away at the start of the season to hear him talk about compromising on some of his principles. For the first time ever, I thought he showed an understanding of where he was actually at in managing Leicester City. It was a humility I hadn’t seen from him before (albeit easier to show after a widely-acclaimed result).

The principle he will need to compromise on next - which will make or break him - is the profile of player he signs this summer. What this group need is some strong, older heads (ala Henderson and Milner) and I fear, in believing his elite manager hype, he won’t want to deviate from his “I coach good young players to be better” mantra.

And so the close but no cigar cycle will start again. Good start, nice football, lots of plaudits. Capitulation at crunch time.

I think the close but no cigar is due to our squad strength. 

we have 2/3 decent players (Under, Praet, Fuchs) he could have used against Southampton or tonight but didn't, he chose to play a formation that didn't suit the team, playing unfit players and players out of position. 

we play well with a fit squad but when we lose players or they're unfit BR is unwilling to alter the formation to best suit or to play players he doesn't favour, he'd rather play his favourites out of position 

Edited by splinterdream
  • Like 3

Guest Fktf
3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I get so conflicted with Brendan. There are times I think we are so lucky to have him and what an outstanding job he’s done here. Playing some brilliant football along the way. 
But then he seems to fvck it up when we shouldn’t. His subs at times are baffling like Ndidi tonight. I also get the argument about being a bottler and have to agree. 
I would be more confident of getting top 4 with someone else in charge. 
However I understand that we wouldn’t be in this position without him.  
This result along with a few others will keep him from interesting Spurs and Arsenal imo. Which is good for us. 

Like who? Apart from *that season*, we've never been remotely close to the top 4 - apart from under BR.

Yes the players made mistakes but going forward we have been shocking for the last few games and if it weren’t for Nacho we would be well out of the top 4 spots.

Playing 3 at the back against Southampton and Newcastle is as much a mistake as Soyuncus tonight!

Obviously winning trophies is important for anyone but I think for Rodgers long term career it's crucial he doesn't blow the champions League again in these last couple of weeks. Regardless of what happens in the cup final.

When we only get EL (if we even get that🙈)

BR will be off to Spurs who he will see as having more potential as being a ‘big club’

CL football from here is huge... from holding onto our manager and our potential transfer targets.. as well as holding into our prized players..

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I've seen a lot less talented players than this squad with a lot more about them. No bottle. Hard not to conclude that it comes from the manager and his mental weakness.

We're missing a nasty ****er.

Someone who's gonna drag others through the trenches.

Even Vardy seems to have lost his nasty aura about him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fktf said:

Like who? Apart from *that season*, we've never been remotely close to the top 4 - apart from under BR.

I don’t know. Can’t imagine many of the top half coaches in the PL doing what BR did last season. I can’t forget throwing away a 14 point lead on the side in fifth last season.  
Yes but it’s looking like for a second season on the trot we’ll finish outside the top 4 after spending the majority of it in there. 
I do realise there’s still 3 games to go but I’m not confident of doing it now. 

27 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Have you watched Chelsea lately?

Leave the clintons out of this.

If you can't dream then why bother? Things do look grim but i hold out hope. We could be saying "shiiteee" after the final but until that does or doesnt happen I will keep believing it's impossible.

Trying my best to be optimistic on a crappy day for our team.  We werent good enough but that can and will change at some point.

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You’re missing the point. You’re so hell bent on coming on here each time we lose and lambasting Brendan, I’m asking you to take a different perspective. It be interesting to see your activity but it probably is the highest on the games we have lost. 

The tactics we played, the formation doesn’t explain the individual errors, slow movement, ball give aways and general lack of application. Ok, he played 3 instead of the 4. He made the decision due to the circumstances. I can understand that decision. I can also understand the need to play 4 instead of 3. However, how do you accommodate for the errors in the game ? From the world class players carrying us ?

What I’m trying to explain to you, is criticise the manager but making it out like he is underachieving with Mbappe, Foden, Van Dijk and Allison running through his spine is stupid. These are good players but they need a step or two before becoming the elite players you’re suggesting they are. Il say it again, we didn’t lose this game just down to formation and tactics and the players take the blame just as much as the manager. It was a cowardly performance from some of them. Hiding. 

I get your point but I just completely disagree,

Fofana and Soyuncu can play in a 4 and I’d rather we failed playing that way than try and over complicate it being all defensive, playing square pegs in round holes and looking like a bunch of amateurs.

Its alright blaming players but the players have strengths and weaknesses and we didn’t play to our strengths, we set up too scared and thinking about the opposition more than our own game.

Castange is supposed to be flying down the wing at RB where he’s at his best not scrambling lucky time not give penalties away out of position. He wernt playing like a RCB, he didn’t have a clue what he was doing! I don’t blame him for that, it’s at Brendans door!

If you put the most successful banker in a dental surgery and he kills someone trying to knock out someone’s wisdom tooth, do you blame the banker? No he’s still successful but you put him where his strengths are!

Brendan Rodgers is a limited manager with a great media narrative. Sooner or later when the media turn the narrative away from him being like this, the more his reputation will drop like Mourinhos is.

How the media perceives things does effect the wider opinions but when you look into things deep you sometimes see a different story and today has finished him for me.

This is not a knee jerk reaction, Ive been questioning him ever since Brighton at home last season and think he’s got a hell of a lot of decisions wrong but this is 1 too far.

If we somehow manage to get top 4/Win Fa cup then I’ll still have serious doubts but he would of earnt those doubts.

However if he fails again then I want him out at the end of the season.

Either way I think if we lose Youri next season we will never get anywhere near these levels, with or without Brendan.

Keeping the squad together not BR is the key but that relies on top 4 I think which is the huge worry!