Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 minutes ago, Buce said:

Sure, the players deserve their share of the blame, but the managers job doesn't start when the game does - he's also responsible for preparing them mentally.

Can you imagine a Sean Dyche side collapsing like that if he had these players at his disposal?

Yeah I said in my post Rodgers could have made better decisions tonight all I'm saying is the players tonight anyway were far more culpable. First goal Soyuncu is a disaster, second Dummet simply wanted it more, etc.

Tbh Burnley have had quite a few sore ones this season, we took 4 off them earlier in the season as did Spurs. I get your point the team would have more steel under Dyche but you'd sacrifice attacking nous, games like beating Man City etc this season conversely wouldn't happen under someone like Dyche.

Going round in circles a bit here anyway but I'm not saying Rodgers should be absolved of criticism tonight, far from it but some of the comments on here wanting him sacked etc are crazy.

14 minutes ago, foxes4life said:

Chelsea got rid of Lampard after taking them to an FA Cup final, they saw he wasn't good enough and got rid, we need to be brave. Give him the final but if he loses that and bottles the top 4 again then he needs to go, he's destroying this club.  

Jesus wept.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yeah that's all fine, you could argue being in this position twice in a row indicates it's not overachieving but let's contextualise this. We were playing a Newcastle side who effectively had nowt to play for, We win today it's practically done for us, might've need a few points here and there. It's not like we've been outclassed by a team with a bigger budget or a side close to us in the table.

I think we are overachieving as I wouldnt say we have the third best squad in the league but I agree tonight was poor whichever way you look at it and we are far better than Newcastle.

But if you look at it on the basis of budgets, then Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal are all looking at us in the dame way we're looking at Newcastle. I think we're all hurting as this was our opportunity to almost seal champions league and it's become a hell of a lot harder, but take a step back and think about where the club is at the moment. Not qualifying for champions league feels like failure which is crazy. 

• Like 2

Just now, foxes4life said:

This year was our one shot, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea have all been shit, we needed to capitalise on this and qualify for the Champions League to move this club up to the next level permanently. Rodgers shit tactics has ****ed us again like it did last season so yes he is destroying the club. The so called "big 6" wont give us this chance again next season. 

Tactically he bottled it again, but he got us into the top 4, that's a funny way of destroying a club, getting us competing with the sides you mention. Maybe you could level your accusation at Levien or Allen or Hamilton or Sousa or Pleat but not Rodgers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I don’t think that the fact that they struggled without evans in a 3 means they can’t play in a 4.

Today was a very unusual situation: plans were thrown into disarray at the last minute, the whole team was preparing to play with a 3 (and evans at centre back). Fofana and Soyuncu are both professional centre backs, they should be capable of handling playing in a back 4 at home to Newcastle. 

I get that. However, like you said, it was an unusual circumstances. We’ve probably prepped with the three all week. Knowing these two do lack experience, it wasn’t the worst decision in the world and certainly wasn’t the primary reason why we lost in the manner we did. 

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

You can’t play the 4 with Soy and Fofana. They were at sixes and sevens playing in that three without Evans. Their in experienced showed and the guess what, the manager knows that. 

It was a disgusting performance. One I can’t accept. However, the performance was made up of misplaced passes, giving the ball away in positions we shouldn’t and individual mistakes. This defeat was more so on the players and their application than the manager. 

For me, this is the best team we’ve had but they just lack something. That little bit of special in games where you should expect it and they sometimes go into their shells. They’re youngish and when we perform like that, it’s not all about tactics or substitutions. It simple application. 

With the players we had on the pitch today, never should we lose 4-2.

That’s quite a simplistic way to look at it.

They would be no worse playing in a 4. Don’t be so ridiculous!

Fofana is widely recognised as 1 capable of going right to the very top, Soyuncu marked Haaland out the game in a 4 and always looks perfectly fine in a 4, if anything he looks worse in a 5! To suggest that 2 top CBS can’t play in a 4 vs a team in 17th place and instead we need to help them by adding Castange whose a full back and A winger at LB just confused it even more and it showed, whilst at the same time killing our attacking threat. It’s the ultimate definition of a bottle job. To suggest 2 top CBs can’t play in a 4 is farcical tbh.

There’s no proof either way so no point arguing what could of happened but 1 things for sure, I’d rather of been beat playing that way and going hell for leather and losing, rather than meekly surrendering like a bunch of pathetic muppets! Simple as that.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jerry said:

Win the F A Cup ! Good luck with that 🙄

Gotta have some positivity.  It's not like we are doing crap in the league. 

We arent killing it right now but hey i hope we win the fuker!

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

I think we are overachieving as I wouldnt say we have the third best squad in the league but I agree tonight was poor whichever way you look at it and we are far better than Newcastle.

But if you look at it on the basis of budgets, then Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal are all looking at us in the dame way we're looking at Newcastle. I think we're all hurting as this was our opportunity to almost seal champions league and it's become a hell of a lot harder, but take a step back and think about where the club is at the moment. Not qualifying for champions league feels like failure which is crazy. 

That's the thing though, to bottle this opportunity twice when you look at the competition they aren't going to be so off the pace every season, especially someone like Liverpool. You have to take your chances when you get them and that's the frustrating thing, this could be the last opportunity to grab it which is why it's so important. I for the record am not Rodgers out mind, and it is important to realise how far we've come but it's also important to be aware of how opportunities like this come rarely and there are no excuses for us to cock up at this stage yet again.

Brendan strikes me as more of an arm round the shoulder type of manager but when that isn’t working maybe he has to try the rocket up the arse

Too many games where he says we move it too slow so surely it’s on him to effect actual change 

4 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

We have become so entitled as fans.

Go back 10 years + in your heads,now fast forward to today and think long and hard about where we are.

Don’t be ridiculous. It’s not a case of being ‘entitled’ at all. The club’s expectations have risen massively since then - as, inevitably, have ours. (Ditto Man City from a bit further back.)

No Leicester fan in their right mind can have felt anything other than overwhelming anger and disappointment at the way the team played tonight, potentially destroying all our hopes of reaching the Champions League - an objective we have been working towards all season.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Brendan strikes me as more of an arm round the shoulder type of manager but when that isn’t working maybe he has to try the rocket up the arse

Too many games where he says we move it too slow so surely it’s on him to effect actual change 

Exactly.

What I don't understand is he says he doesn't like to show his frustration on the touchline as he didn't like it as a player when he was younger. Ok.

Why was he blowing a fuse and visably pissed off, i'd even go as far as saying he was seething in the 1st half v West Brom which I thought was great, exciting, positive, yet he seems ok and claims 'hes proud' tonight and against Southampton last week.

I don't get it.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

That’s quite a simplistic way to look at it.

They would be no worse playing in a 4. Don’t be so ridiculous!

Fofana is widely recognised as 1 capable of going right to the very top, Soyuncu marked Haaland out the game in a 4 and always looks perfectly fine in a 4, if anything he looks worse in a 5! To suggest that 2 top CBS can’t play in a 4 vs a team in 17th place and instead we need to help them by adding Castange whose a full back and A winger at LB just confused it even more and it showed, whilst at the same time killing our attacking threat. It’s the ultimate definition of a bottle job. To suggest 2 top CBs can’t play in a 4 is farcical tbh.

There’s no proof either way so no point arguing what could of happened but 1 things for sure, I’d rather of been beat playing that way and going hell for leather and losing, rather than meekly surrendering like a bunch of pathetic muppets! Simple as that.

You’re missing the point. You’re so hell bent on coming on here each time we lose and lambasting Brendan, I’m asking you to take a different perspective. It be interesting to see your activity but it probably is the highest on the games we have lost. 

The tactics we played, the formation doesn’t explain the individual errors, slow movement, ball give aways and general lack of application. Ok, he played 3 instead of the 4. He made the decision due to the circumstances. I can understand that decision. I can also understand the need to play 4 instead of 3. However, how do you accommodate for the errors in the game ? From the world class players carrying us ?

What I’m trying to explain to you, is criticise the manager but making it out like he is underachieving with Mbappe, Foden, Van Dijk and Allison running through his spine is stupid. These are good players but they need a step or two before becoming the elite players you’re suggesting they are. Il say it again, we didn’t lose this game just down to formation and tactics and the players take the blame just as much as the manager. It was a cowardly performance from some of them. Hiding. 

Guest Fktf
16 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

We have become so entitled as fans.

Go back 10 years + in your heads,now fast forward to today and think long and hard about where we are.

I think I got your post, despite the flack you're getting. Some people are overreacting and saying BR is destroying the club, or holding us back. But how can that be the case, when this will probably be our second most successful in the last decade (or even two decades).

We're punching well above our weight at the moment. Will it be devastating not to finish the job? Sure. Is it a sign we have the wrong man in charge, absolutely not.

Here’s the problem: Rodgers thinks he’s an elite manager. He’ll appear on any platform that will have him, talking about how he worked at “great institutions” like Liverpool and Celtic. We all know that he’s angling for a profile and a future away from Leicester City.

But the reality is that he’s no better than LCFC - because his teams are mentally weak and capitulate when the pressure comes on despite playing lovely football - and LCFC are no better than him.

Despite some of the crazy comments in here about him going (which I think are just heat of the moment), I think we accept this reality. But I don’t think he does.

And that’s why it’s hard for us to warm to him. He did nothing to dampen the Arsenal speculation last season and was happy to take a bumper contract off the back of it. When things went awry last season he failed to own it when he could have (his interview post-Bournemouth needed a “hands up I got it wrong” but instead he chucked Iheanacho under a bus). He’s too proud and too believing of his own hype.

I was pleased after the Man City game away at the start of the season to hear him talk about compromising on some of his principles. For the first time ever, I thought he showed an understanding of where he was actually at in managing Leicester City. It was a humility I hadn’t seen from him before (albeit easier to show after a widely-acclaimed result).

The principle he will need to compromise on next - which will make or break him - is the profile of player he signs this summer. What this group need is some strong, older heads (ala Henderson and Milner) and I fear, in believing his elite manager hype, he won’t want to deviate from his “I coach good young players to be better” mantra.

And so the close but no cigar cycle will start again. Good start, nice football, lots of plaudits. Capitulation at crunch time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I get so conflicted with Brendan. There are times I think we are so lucky to have him and what an outstanding job he’s done here. Playing some brilliant football along the way. 
But then he seems to fvck it up when we shouldn’t. His subs at times are baffling like Ndidi tonight. I also get the argument about being a bottler and have to agree. 
I would be more confident of getting top 4 with someone else in charge. 
However I understand that we wouldn’t be in this position without him.  
This result along with a few others will keep him from interesting Spurs and Arsenal imo. Which is good for us. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Exactly.

What I don't understand is he says he doesn't like to show his frustration on the touchline as he didn't like it as a player when he was younger. Ok.

Why was he blowing a fuse and visably pissed off in the 1st half v West Brom which I though was great, exciting, positive, yet he seems ok and claims 'hes proud' tonight and against Southampton last week.

I don't get it.

This is what I was thinking about tonight after his interview it doesn't make sense you'd think he'd be the other way strange if you ask me

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

I don’t get why people say things like this? What’s your point? Because we were shit 10 years ago we can’t expect to beat Newcastle at home? We can look back and feel grateful that we’re far better now. But that doesn’t change the fact that we should be beating a team 17th in the league, when we’ve been top 4 for 95% of the last two seasons. It’s not about being entitled. 

That wasn’t the point I was making in general,I’m frustrated as well as the next Leicester supporter,but some of the comments are unbelievable considering where we are.Yep we are at the business end of one of most successful seasons ever ,one we don’t want to waste this late in the day,and it doesn’t look brilliant for a top 4,but look at the positives,they are a damn sight more frequent than they have been in my many years supporting us,I don’t know where you live but I’m a lone fox having to take shit from all angles from mates tonight,I can handle that,but it’s football and the PL and these results happen,luckily not as often as they have happened to the other 17 teams below us this season.