Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton A Match Thread

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Just take Thomas off now for an attacking player, pointless playing with essentially 5 defenders. 

Everyone knows this, Southampton down to 10 players for 80 mins, ideal to take off one of the defenders and get Marc on the pitch. 

No changes from Rodgers till 60mins....

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Albrighton.....

So we sticking with 3 at the back. We're on about getting more attacking players on, yet the suggestion is to keep the same shape and switch one player. Surely the answer is lose a cb for Albrighton.

Just now, jim5000 said:

Everyone knows this, Southampton down to 10 players for 80 mins, ideal to take off one of the defenders and get Marc on the pitch. 

No changes from Rodgers till 60mins....

So take one of the 3 cb off surely?

3 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

Fear. He's out of his depth

Or, he may have been told by Rodgers to play a particular way?

Do we really need 3 at the back now? Do we have to wait until 68 minutes to change tactics? Soyuncu off Albrighton or Under on in front of Castagne for example?

If a game will highlight how impotent we are going forwards in this formation then itll be this.

Playing against a team in woeful form and down to 10 men.

3 centre backs against a team that are camped on the edge of their box. Mental.

Just now, lgfualol said:

This game needs a crosser, get Marco on. Cant watch sideways passing until full time.

Im sure we loaned some winger chap from Roma this season. I might have been hallucinating but I’m pretty sure I saw someone from Roma on the right wing a couple of times before Christmas.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Castagne left wing back and Albrighton right wing back. I've accepted we aren't changing shape. 

Castagne is pants on the left, so it's pointless switch.