Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton A Match Thread

Just now, shen said:

Uhhh if he was sent off for 'denial of goalscoring opportunity' as the comms are saying - was it then even a foul if he clearly got the ball first and wasn't out of control/reckless...?

Exactly, denied the goalscoring opportunity by winning the ball. Imagine being paid to referee and sending him off. Imagine following football and agreeing it's a red lol

4 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

If he doesn't take Vardy out with the tackle I think Vardy scores...red for me.

The ref agreed. Red was for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity. The fact he nearly snapped Vardy’s ankle was moot.

• Like 2

No panic at all but seriously under how many managers have we started like this so often? 

Imagine with the squad we now have imagine if we had the mentality of the great escape team, literally scrapping to win a corner from minute 1

Edited by EastAnglianFox

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'm not shocked you think it's a red to be fair Haha

Embarassing. Win the ball and you get sent off. Hope it gets overturned on appeal. Although it dowsnt help them tonight.

Yes he won the ball but followed thru studs up still a foul with a goal scoring opportunity as ball just knocked ahead of Vards who would have been able to get the ball if not fouled so yes a Red Card 

Well I thought it was red for studs up, then they say it was goalscoring opportunity. So who knows what to think.

I’d like to see another attacker on but not much point going crazy when we’re so dominant.

Just need Thomas to be able to cross a wee bit better.