Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton A Match Thread

We need an early goal now before they can get motivated by any feeling they may have of being hard done to. 

Both their 9-0 hammerings involved early goals. 

This lot just have zero heart when things aren't going their way. We score in the next ten or so minutes and their heads will drop. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

There's no debate on that one. Commentators are chatting shit. It's a clear red. 

The subsequent posts summed that up. Such a spectrum of views. I used to think I could tell what was/wasn't red recently. Now I feel you should toss a coin. 

Also didn't think it was red :ph34r:

Uhhh if he was sent off for 'denial of goalscoring opportunity' as the comms are saying - was it then even a foul if he clearly got the ball first and wasn't out of control/reckless...?

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

The red card doesn’t make much difference whilst we have 7 defenders on the pitch in this formation

Agreed. It just means we get to waste more time pointlessly 0assing the ball around before running into a brick wall

• Like 1

Just now, filbertway said:

I'm not shocked you think it's a red to be fair Haha

Embarassing. Win the ball and you get sent off. Hope it gets overturned on appeal. Although it dowsnt help them tonight.

You can win the ball but he's also taken out the player. He's denied a clear goalscoring opportunity. 

It's not embarrassing. Nowhere near as some of the other horrendous calls this season. No need to exaggerate so much.