Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton A Post Match Thread

Horrible cliche, but it is difficult against 10 as they just dig in and we don't get chances on the break. Having said that, can't say that's not a squandered opportunity m

Slightly worried about last 20 mins or so. All this talk after the Palace game of keeping our football principles and the goal will come. It was just hoof long and ambitious long shots. Concern being I perceived that as us getting in a flap. 

I didn't think we'd get 9 points from the games preceding the final three, just as I don't think we'll get beat in each of those.  Still in our hands and hopefully some other results will go our way. 

Credit to Southampton as they really stifled us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We got a wake up call tonight, too complacent. A little too casua  and not quick enough. We had the chances but the finishing was way off. Really should have beaten a 10-man and out of form team. A gift for 3 points and almost contrived to lose the match. Poor result

Edited by oxtonfox
sp
  • Like 1

Absoulte disgrace. 

Where was the urgency until we went 1v0 down? No composure from anyone in front of goal except our CB. Maddison? I honestly don't know what he offers to our team..he is meant to be the one who unlocks defence but I'm not seeing that. Now isn't the time for passengers.

Feeling like punching a wall. So frustrating. Honestly think these players are brain dead half the time. Schmeichel's kick at the end summed it up.

What a massive opportunity that was and we were lucky to get a point. Embarrassing.

Could prove so costly.

Sending off probably made it harder for us as we reverted to our usual slow, passive, static selves.

We wasted too long persisting with 3 at the back and Thomas. That just clearly wasn’t working.

Having said that we’ve had more than enough chances late on to win it but as had been the case recently we just aren’t clinical enough.

Look we win that game if we didn't concede that silly free kick and penalty and Vardy remembered how to score goals.

Red card changes the game completely and we didn't do enough.

We're not bottling this. It's a point and given how we played and the scoreline at 60 minutes I consider it a good point.

Credit to Evans for stepping up and rescuing it.

• Like 1