Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton A Post Match Thread

Just now, goose2010 said:

A 10 man Southampton is probably harder to beat than an 11 man Southampton. 

They set up to have a go and as soon as they lost their man it was always going to be difficult. 

Big performers didn't show up though. 

Both us and Man Utd have beaten a 10 man Southampton 9-0 in the last 18 months

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Look we win that game if we didn't concede that silly free kick and penalty and Vardy remembered how to score goals.

So we win that game if several significant events played out differently?

If my auntie had balls...

• Haha 1

Don’t panic , not a time to stress , a point is a point , personally if I was West Ham / Liverpool I know who’s position I’d rather be in ( ours) onwards & upwards on to Newcastle next Friday , remember fox 🦊 fans the pressure is on the teams below us to catch up , not us , IN BRENDAN WE TRUST , we love u Leicester we do oh Leicester we love u 

• Like 1

Yeah, not good, a total lack of guile despite having a number of match winners and creative players to break down a packed defence. Disappointing we couldn't get a winner, at least we didn't lose.

Vardy was absolute Hot garbage yet again, Maddison not much better. Wouldn't mind seeing either dropped.

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Really don't know how you can be so positive after steaming pile of shit 🤣

We were never going to win all four of these matches. Best Newcastle and it would be 10 out of those 12 points, which I still think is good enough. We are still in a great position. 

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Embarrassing performance, Claude puel football. Why didn’t he bring under on ? 

Jesus Christ 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Can be frustrating playing against 10… especially after the penalty. Could easily have come away with nothing from that position so a decent point even if it feels like 2 dropped. Win against Newcastle and we're still looking good. We're going for a stretch goal of top 4 here, it's not gonna be a cake walk.

Also we'll take at least some points from the last 3. People need to chill.

4 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Not only that, he doesn’t deserve to represent us. We lost to West Ham because of the disruption him and Perez caused attending that silly teenage like party. He doesn’t care about Leicester, he cares about money, fashion, cars and parties. Think he’ll care if we don’t get UCL? Probably not, he’d rather be at United anyway.

With his present form and showing he wouldn´t get anywhere near the first 11 of MU. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Will we? If we play like that in our last 3 we won't get a single point. Even Newcastle will fancy their chances. We were shite for large parts against Palace and same tonight. Tiredness could be playing a part as we have played so many more games recently than Palace and Southampton but that performance was so disappointing. The goal we conceded was pathetic defending from Castagne and then stupidity from Iheanacho and then we just didn't do enough to win the game. Really poor against a poor side with nothing to play for 

Yes!!

Just now, Lambert09 said:

We’ve always struggled against a low block. We really needed someone to drive at them and make things happen, damn I miss Harvey 

Ricardo was sat on the bench.

Stupid substitution to bring Albrighton on when we needed somebody more direct.

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Crikey, all you lot sounding like we’ve just chucked away Top 4. 

By definition it’s 2 points dropped, but we’re 1 point closer to what we need. 

5 more points. 

We've not thrown it away just yet. But 80mins against 10men and a lack of intent was incredibly concerning. . If we play like that for our remaining games with that lack of intent it difficult to see where we will get them 5more points.