Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton A Post Match Thread

Still think it was shit but let's take the point which is better than a loss which I think would have really knocked our confidence too. 

Disappointingly there was no fire from the start this evening. We have had two games in 5 days which may have taken its course. We looked laboured. 

Maddison looks like he is struggling with the hip, Vardy can't buy that last bit of luck and we look generally pedestrian in midfield with both Wilf and Youri looking drained. 

Evans was good to be fair. I would have taken off Soy not Wes at HT.

Other teams will still struggle to catch us. Better to have the points in the bank. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

Sorry but that can't go down as anything other than an extremely poor result.

Scrounged 1pt from a relegation battling team, not only played with 10 men for 90% of the match, but were missing their most key player, D.Ings.

If we want CL, we need to wrap it up before our last couple of games of the season.

Poor - No quality throughout.

Everyone seemed off their game tonight. Real lack of energy out there. Full week now to recharge 

Results could still go are way this weekend and a win at Newcastle and we are looking good again 

None of that will stop the incoming meltdown on here though. Enjoy everyone, I'm not sticking around for it! lol

Just now, Frost said:

Drop Maddison, he's clearly not fit.

Not only that, he doesn’t deserve to represent us. We lost to West Ham because of the disruption him and Perez caused attending that silly teenage like party. He doesn’t care about Leicester, he cares about money, fashion, cars and parties. Think he’ll care if we don’t get UCL? Probably not, he’d rather be at United anyway.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty disgraceful performance really. 80 minutes against 10 men, a shit side that’s bottom of the league for the calendar year, lost 12 of 15 and never looked like winning. No sustained pressure, couldn’t pass the ball and didn’t really create anything given the circumstances. The goal epitomised it, lazily gave away the ball, silly free kick to give away and then completely bewildering why Iheanacho put his arms up.

That **** Maddison more interested in a wonder goal to make himself centre stage. 

• Like 4

Ugh hard to get through 10 ken behind the ball lucky we got a point as I thought at 1-0 e wouldn’t break them down at all. Still hopefully Utd beat Liverpool and spurs somehow lose to sheff Utd I know that’s not likely. Can see West Ham dropping points at Burnley to so hopefully not to much damage done this week 

Horse Pooh. Total fail on BR - 40 minutes to change it ???  Total bottle-job on players’ part. No accountability to take responsibility - just slide it sideways. Dross performance. Dross result. Dross feeing to live with for at least a week. 

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Frustrating.

Alex McCarthy won them that point.

Only positive was another key contribution by Evans.

By wasting about 20 minutes of the second half taking goal kicks, you mean? Can't believe that we didn't get in the ref's ear about it. It was literally a minute for each kick.

Looks like we will now need to win one of the last 3. Real missed opportunity.