Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton A Post Match Thread

Think the red card made it harder for us rather than easier. Saints just dug in and parked up. 

Fair play to them, they set up 2 banks of 4 and held the line incredibly well. The half chances we had just didn't happen for us. Their keeper kept them in it. 

Another night and that was easily 4-1.  

Any points are good right now though, still got points over teams near us, next week becomes a cup final. As will every game from this point onwards.

• Like 4

Worst performance from Vardy for me. The amount of times he had the ball to feet and lost in, I think I counted 4 times where he inexplicably lost it. He really struggles against deep lines but still had our best chance and went for power.

We pissed about for about 60mins of that game, they scored they all of a sudden we upped the tempo and put in some decent crosses but when we scored we ****ed about again until the last 5mins!

Such a frustrating performance against a horrid Southampton team. They really are a poor team, they struggle to get shots on target let alone goals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Can't win them all. 

I'm not as dramatic as some of you lot and won't act like this is our moment we've lost top 4. Because we haven't. We are still 3rd! 8 points ahead of 5th.

Fate is still in our hands and all that jazz. 

We can't and won't win every game, let alone play sensational football 100% of the time. 

Yes it could have been better. Yes it was 2pts dropped. But no it isn't the end of the world as some people see it. 

If you don't win the game, just make sure you don't lose it. 

and neither will the teams chasing us

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SAFC1 said:

That’s a terrible point after the early red card. I’m only annoyed as I had you’s on a bet rolling into tomorrow :mellow:

Good the amount of times Sunderland have fúcked up my accas is unreal. In your face pal :vardy:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

That **** Maddison more interested in a wonder goal to make himself centre stage. 

For all we know Rodgers probably told him to shoot on sight when he gets the chance? Then what? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Real achievement to get a point when playing so badly. A collective horror show apart from defenders. Bearing in mind Southampton nearly scored with eleven I think we lose without the red.

But last season we would have lost. And another point closer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

Crikey, all you lot sounding like we’ve just chucked away Top 4. 

By definition it’s 2 points dropped, but we’re 1 point closer to what we need. 

5 more points. 

Everyone has us nailed on for 0 points come the last three 

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

By wasting about 20 minutes of the second half taking goal kicks, you mean? Can't believe that we didn't get in the ref's ear about it. It was literally a minute for each kick.

Looks like we will now need to win one of the last 3. Real missed opportunity.

Nope.

By making a couple of key saves, that one to deny Vardy in particular.

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

We got a wake up call tonight, too complacent. A little too casua  and not quick enough. We had the chances but the finishing was way off. Really should have beaten a 10-man and out of form team. A got for 3 points and almost contrived to lose the match. Poor result

Exactly. We are so much better at a faster pace. It should be standard. WHY is our tempo so slow?