Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Newcastle Home pre match thread

Its time for madders/perez to come to the party. We've relied too heavily to fofana, evans, soyuncu, casper, wilf and Youri but they are not superhuman and are due a mistake or two so come on Mr Maddison. I have faith.

i'm nervous about how these last games are going to go. All season the line-up/formation kept changing but it worked out pretty well so now its a consistent team I'm worried we are too predictable or not as hungry because competition for positions has reduced. I'm probably being overly negative though

1 hour ago, Foxes96 said:

Happy with that. Rodgers showing a lot of faith in Maddison despite some pretty average performances in his last few. Hopefully he’s just getting back up to speed and needs to start delivering again soon.

Glad to see Ricardo back not sure who will play on the right/ left but hopefully a couple of weeks rest will have done him wonders. 

Maddison is way off the pace; I would prefer we started with someone else and bring him on when we are 2 up.  This is a big call form Rodgers - for a player who does not show respect tot he club by obeying simple rules.  (I hope he proves me wrong)

BTW:  his bits of magic are great but few and far between - he has a habit of being MIA in big games.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Maddison is way off the pace; I would prefer we started with someone else and bring him on when we are 2 up.  This is a big call form Rodgers - for a player who does not show respect tot he club by obeying simple rules.  (I hope he proves me wrong)

BTW:  his bits of magic are great but few and far between - he has a habit of being MIA in big games.

I agree. Perez has been better playing in the hole behind Vardy/Nacho than Maddison has. I know Perez leaves a lot to be desired, but he has a higher work rate and links up a lot better. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Foxes96 said:

Happy with that. Rodgers showing a lot of faith in Maddison despite some pretty average performances in his last few. Hopefully he’s just getting back up to speed and needs to start delivering again soon.

Glad to see Ricardo back not sure who will play on the right/ left but hopefully a couple of weeks rest will have done him wonders. 

We really need to play Maddison and Ricardo into form and fitness,  We will need them firing for the cup final.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

I agree. Perez has been better playing in the hole behind Vardy/Nacho than Maddison has. I know Perez leaves a lot to be desired, but he has a higher work rate and links up a lot better. 

I am with you.  And worse 

...maddison seems to be in the way of youris passes 

...he is trying to score a worldy every time to .impress southgate

....by garnering the kick he slows us down... better outcomes when he plays it quick

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Adrian said:

Its time for madders/perez to come to the party. We've relied too heavily to fofana, evans, soyuncu, casper, wilf and Youri but they are not superhuman and are due a mistake or two so come on Mr Maddison. I have faith.

i'm nervous about how these last games are going to go. All season the line-up/formation kept changing but it worked out pretty well so now its a consistent team I'm worried we are too predictable or not as hungry because competition for positions has reduced. I'm probably being overly negative though

Most folks are twitchy about tonight but I think we will turn up.

Madders has to start delivering for sure.

23 minutes ago, murphy said:

We really need to play Maddison and Ricardo into form and fitness,  We will need them firing for the cup final.

As BR said, it's Catch-22. For me, Madders has 60 minutes to prove himself, and if not get Perez on sharpish.

If he is not producing, he doesn't have the workrate or pressing ability of Perez, which usually does create a few chances here and there. Fingers crossed, eh.:sweating:

• Like 1

Kaiser Ayoze - the greatest trick he ever pulled was making you think he was sh!t - tonight is your time to shine  Ayoze  :scarf:

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 4

earlier in the season I thought madders would go MIA because playing at no 10 against better teams our midfield got swamped and he couldnt get in the game, e.g. liverpool and everton losses which is a tactical thing and not his fault. But yes more recently  that cant be used as an excuse. 

its feast or famine with him

Edited by Adrian
  • Haha 1

Winning formula please Brendan! Start quick and shock an awe putting the game to bed with 2 or 3 goals in the 1st half. No silly mistakes by our defenders and a Youre masterclass. I'm not sure how many more weeks we can keep saying this but Vardy really needs to find his shooting boots. Nachoman ready to provide the goals when the chances come. Fofana/Evans and Cags keeping things tight at the back (no silly unnecessary high line offside traps please).

Perez MUST start he loves playing against his old club so his work rate will be at max. Madders can stew on the bench until half time then he can come on and do his magic and take all the glory.  3-0 to the foxes

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Winning formula please Brendan! Start quick and shock an awe putting the game to bed with 2 or 3 goals in the 1st half. No silly mistakes by our defenders and a Youre masterclass. I'm not sure how many more weeks we can keep saying this but Vardy really needs to find his shooting boots. Nachoman ready to provide the goals when the chances come. Fofana/Evans and Cags keeping things tight at the back (no silly unnecessary high line offside traps please).

Perez MUST start he loves playing against his old club so his work rate will be at max. Madders can stew on the bench until half time then he can come on and do his magic and take all the glory.  3-0 to the foxes

Agree, I'd definitely start Perez

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Agree with a few here. Maddison needs to put in a good performance. I remember in one of his interviews when he was in good form , which to be fair to him were refreshingly honest , saying ' I want people talking about me '. Well it goes both ways, as he's found out recently , and he needs to show genuine consistency. Not sure he's ever really done that. 

Also praying we see the old Ricardo, as I do every game. But I think we should win. But I said that about Southampton 😬

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd keep playing Maddison, he's waaaaaaaay waaay better than Perez, he'll only get back to form with more game time as well. It won't happen by sitting on the bench.

All true.

People forget he was in pretty good form before his latest injury issues. He could turn a match in our difficult last three games if we can get him firing. Perez just doesn’t have that same potential 

1 minute ago, Jobyfox said:

All true.

People forget he was in pretty good form before his latest injury issues. He could turn a match in our difficult last three games if we can get him firing. Perez just doesn’t have that same potential 

Start with Maddison , not firing , hook him at 50 mins , give Perez the last 40. No need for either of them to do a full 90.

1 hour ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

As BR said, it's Catch-22. For me, Madders has 60 minutes to prove himself, and if not get Perez on sharpish.

If he is not producing, he doesn't have the workrate or pressing ability of Perez, which usually does create a few chances here and there. Fingers crossed, eh.:sweating:

For me it's imperative that we get Madders back to full fitness:

JM   37 apps, 11 goals, 10 assists. 

AP   31 apps, 3 goals, 0 (zero) assists.

There is really no debate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SixtiesFox said:

This is the one game in our run in where we are well rested. We must be positive and get on the front foot from the start. Fortune favours the brave, No excuses!

I agree. High tempo from the start and force Newcastle into errors. 

• Thanks 1