Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Newcastle Home pre match thread

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Test of our mental strength tonight as much as anything 

On pure ability we should be banking the three points but ..... 

Agreed, but if you can't overcome a bit of pressure against a poor Newcastle United side, you're not going to cope with a packed ground in Paris or Barcelona in a Champions League match. If you can't beat Southampton and Newcastle, you have to question your right to be in the top 4. No more excuses for a slow start pragmatic tippy tappy sideways passing first half. From minute one they need to be aggressive, snap at them and show some bollocks, there's no place for whimpishness tonight. 

• Like 3

Need to get at these from the first whistle and show why we are third and they are 17th.

Take our chances, play with pace and incision, avoid sloppy passes at the back - and we should beat Newcastle comfortably.

That’s the theory, but in practice we all know it will be a heart-pounding, nail-biting grind... hopefully with a happy ending.

• Like 1

You can't always win pretty so a couple of headed goals from corners or freekicks will be fine. They will be expecting us to play nice football so it might be time to show them our dark side.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

You can't always win pretty so a couple of headed goals from corners or freekicks will be fine. They will be expecting us to play nice football so it might be time to show them our dark side.

Because we are deadly from set pieces. 

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Maddison is way off the pace; I would prefer we started with someone else and bring him on when we are 2 up.  This is a big call form Rodgers - for a player who does not show respect tot he club by obeying simple rules.  (I hope he proves me wrong)

BTW:  his bits of magic are great but few and far between - he has a habit of being MIA in big games.

Maddison needs all the game time he can get before the final. We could hopefully carry him tonight if he's not on it. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Agreed, but if you can't overcome a bit of pressure against a poor Newcastle United side, you're not going to cope with a packed ground in Paris or Barcelona in a Champions League match. If you can't beat Southampton and Newcastle, you have to question your right to be in the top 4. No more excuses for a slow start pragmatic tippy tappy sideways passing first half. From minute one they need to be aggressive, snap at them and show some bollocks, there's no place for whimpishness tonight. 

On 03/05/2021 at 22:39, Mike Oxlong said:

Time to show we’ve got what it takes

645E705D-62B4-4A4C-8B76-B8A2EE0618BF.jpeg.ad50baf41241b1796c0f7f5e0bbbbc74.jpeg

👍

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

That's part of our problem, We don't have a dark side. But it is needed at times when other are dishing it out to us.

I was going to say when have we last scored from a Header but Evans spoiled that.

Enjoy the game.

We're a bunch of basket cases, scarred by last year's capitulation. Time for this 'new improved version of our beloved Foxes' to lay last season's ghosts once and for all. Go full throttle from the off and don't take the foot off the pedal!. 

8 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That's part of our problem, We don't have a dark side. But it is needed at times when other are dishing it out to us.

I was going to say when have we last scored from a Header but Evans spoiled that.

Enjoy the game.

Back in the day faced with Walsh, Elliott, Taggert, Lennon and Savage and co. ,the opposition lightweights used to shit the bed .We were the sons of Satan.

• Like 1

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Back in the day faced with Walsh, Elliott, Taggert, Lennon and Savage and co. ,the opposition lightweights used to shit the bed .We were the sons of Satan.

Not sure that I'd have Savage on that list. 

2 minutes ago, Hales said:

Just seen a clip of them arriving, not sure about the new suits 😂

Didnt see it but I'm guessing they're not the Wembley suits. 

Guess they are trying to smarten up as Top is there. 

Just now, Spudulike said:

Didnt see it but I'm guessing they're not the Wembley suits. 

Guess they are trying to smarten up as Top is there. 

Cropped cuffed trousers...........😬😳 designer and probably cost a bomb. A little trendy for some of the players I should imagine!

3 minutes ago, Hales said:

Cropped cuffed trousers...........😬😳 designer and probably cost a bomb. A little trendy for some of the players I should imagine!

Did Madders have a matching backpack?