Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Newcastle Home pre match thread

The teams that struggle against Newcastle are passive teams that don't press them. It's no surprise that Everton and Spurs struggled against them.

Get at them and put them under pressure constantly and we'll win comfortably.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Really enjoyed that game. We flew out the blocks, Ulloa dominant, Wasyl wiped someone out (fairly), they melted down on and off the pitch. When I knew we’d stay up. 

Wasyl scissor tackled Perez. It wasn't fair at all, but very funny. 

We drawed last time i didn't wear a leicester jersey on game day. 

Today i shall wear one. 

Hopefully brings us some luck. 

We need to be at it from the first minute, the quicker a goal comes the better imo

• Like 1

I'm quietly confident for tonight, but I've reached a point of whatever will be, will be regarding the top 4.

Or que sera sera, to tie it in to next weekend as well!

My concern with these last few games is more about us rather than the opposition - one opposing manager said earlier in the season that it was difficult to prepare for games against us because we had so many different ways to play.  We've lost a bit of that, primarily due to losing Harvey.

I'm still inclined to think we'll get over the line though, and three points tonight is obviously a huge step towards that.

They're all must wins now until were secured in the top 4. So no point in playing for anything else.

The Players know what's at stake and what the prize is so I'm confident they'll get this done.

Upwards and onwards we go.

45 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Happy with that. Rodgers showing a lot of faith in Maddison despite some pretty average performances in his last few. Hopefully he’s just getting back up to speed and needs to start delivering again soon.

Glad to see Ricardo back not sure who will play on the right/ left but hopefully a couple of weeks rest will have done him wonders. 

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Genuine must win.

No it’s not, but it’s  as close as it could be without actually being a must win.

I would agree that if we don’t win we won’t make top four, but that’s considered opinion and not fact 

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

For those that believe in such things, last time I couldn't watch a game, we were 3-0 up by half-time.

Hopefully this happens again later.

As long as it wasn’t away at Wolves 20 odd years ago...