Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Odsonne Édouard

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

FYI re Edouard btw, he's due to play in the olympics with France this summer so that'll delay his arrival somewhat.

FFS will miss all of pre-season and the community shield if France get to the final (I imagine he would miss them anyway as we will probably let him go on holiday even if they drop out early)

The tournament is running from 21st July to 7th August

Edited by moore_94

43 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

FFS will miss all of pre-season and the community shield if France get to the final (I imagine he would miss them anyway as we will probably let him go on holiday even if they drop out early)

Yeah bit of a bugger.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Let's hope for an early knockout for them then, their coach is quite terrible from what I've heard.

6 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Save your phone bill. I’ve invented a new training aid and I am in the process of getting agreement from the fa to allow my invention to be worn during matches.

It’s the Magno Vest, each vest has the same polarity as other teammates vests which will repel them from each other when they get too close to each other. The polarity can can be switched allowing slower defenders to keep tighter to quicker strikers. It’s endorsed by a former City legend, Brian Carey, who says “if I had this when I was playing It would have been very scary for the strikers, I’d have been in their face for 90 minutes, the shower, bar and trip home”.

Patent this QUICK!!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, brookfox said:

I’m obviously basing this off YouTube clips but for some reason don’t feel convinced he’s a suitable partner for either Nacho or Vardy. There’s just something about his style and positions he takes up that looks like they’d get in each other’s way. Anyone got a more informed view if he’d be a partner to either, replacement, alternative, etc be up top on his own?? Who has he worked best with at Celtic and what role did he play?

Or maybe it means he can replace either of them, if he’s doing the same things?

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-ro

5 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Does anyone know if this will effect soumare and little wes? 

The prelim squad is 80 (includes players like mbappe )

will be cut to 18 by the end of june

its U23 so inconceivable that little wes and soumare aren’t on it.  

clubs can withdraw players if they have a valid reason.  I guess it depends how much the player wants to go and play - you would think France have a good chance of winning it so perhaps we won’t see the three in preseason. (Wherever they are ) 

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The prelim squad is 80 (includes players like mbappe )

will be cut to 18 by the end of june

its U23 so inconceivable that little wes and soumare aren’t on it.  

clubs can withdraw players if they have a valid reason.  I guess it depends how much the player wants to go and play - you would think France have a good chance of winning it so perhaps we won’t see the three in preseason. (Wherever they are ) 

Leeds have stopped their keeper Meslier from going to the Olympics for France, with Wes not even starting often for the u23s I think there might be a chance he doesn’t go

They also get to take 3 over 23 players so every chance Soumare might get pushed out the squad as well

Weirdly France have a real lack of strikers through the ages compared to the abundance of players in other positions, so Edouard is bound to be wanted.

I think with the upheaval in the French league and a lot of players changing clubs this summer there will be many who won't want to play in it.

13 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Save your phone bill. I’ve invented a new training aid and I am in the process of getting agreement from the fa to allow my invention to be worn during matches.

It’s the Magno Vest, each vest has the same polarity as other teammates vests which will repel them from each other when they get too close to each other. The polarity can can be switched allowing slower defenders to keep tighter to quicker strikers. It’s endorsed by a former City legend, Brian Carey, who says “if I had this when I was playing It would have been very scary for the strikers, I’d have been in their face for 90 minutes, the shower, bar and trip home”.

What have Mangos got to do with it?

8 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Does anyone know if this will effect soumare and little wes? 

I can't find online anywhere who is actually on the pre-list although I know Edouard is on it.

The pre-list has 80 players and that'll be whittled down to a final squad of 22 I guess so thre's a chance Edouard may not make the cut.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Weirdly France have a real lack of strikers through the ages compared to the abundance of players in other positions, so Edouard is bound to be wanted.

I think with the upheaval in the French league and a lot of players changing clubs this summer there will be many who won't want to play in it.

Eerily similar to their great side of 98.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I can't find online anywhere who is actually on the pre-list although I know Edouard is on it.

The pre-list has 80 players and that'll be whittled down to a final squad of 22 I guess so thre's a chance Edouard may not make the cut.

I imagine it could depend on what over 23 players they take

I saw Mbappe is rumoured to be going, so possible Edouard may go as back up to him, or maybe they want to take someone more experienced?

Lil Wes might not go as they have Upamecano, Konate, Kounde, Badiashile, maybe an over 23 player?

I can definitely see Soumare going

I mean for all we know we could sign them and Leicester then come out saying none of them can go haha

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I imagine it could depend on what over 23 players they take

I saw Mbappe is rumoured to be going, so possible Edouard may go as back up to him, or maybe they want to take someone more experienced?

Lil Wes might not go as they have Upamecano, Konate, Kounde, Badiashile, maybe an over 23 player?

I can definitely see Soumare going

I mean for all we know we could sign them and Leicester then come out saying none of them can go haha

Gignac is on the pre-list as well so you'd imagine he'd go.

It all depends on the player, from what I've read the club can deny them going if the player agrees but if the player wants to go and the club forbid him then it can get messy. That's what the stooshe around Mbappe going at the moment is around.

Guest Bert Fill
21 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Is this happening or not?  I've been hearing it's odsonne for a while now.

I wouldn’t bet against it.