Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Odsonne Édouard

1 minute ago, walkerleeds said:

A mate (Leeds ST holder) sent me the link for that chant this morning.

Already cringing at our lot attempting that.

100mph, get to the end as quick as possible and pick out the notes on a drum, what could go wrong.

26 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Strange that such a big club can have managers and players cherry picked by little clubs like Leicester 

Makes me wonder what the increased fiscal difference is between the PL and SPL from say 2000-2021. Anyone hazard a guess with accurate answers or guesses? 

Guest SO1
1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Eduoard is reported to have said he will not sign until this thread hits 100 pages.

To be honest it does seem unreasonably low given the action. Perhaps this place needs a break given the two seasons and 21 day break inbetween. Could we have witnessed peak Foxestalk?

I’m obviously basing this off YouTube clips but for some reason don’t feel convinced he’s a suitable partner for either Nacho or Vardy. There’s just something about his style and positions he takes up that looks like they’d get in each other’s way. Anyone got a more informed view if he’d be a partner to either, replacement, alternative, etc be up top on his own?? Who has he worked best with at Celtic and what role did he play?

• Like 4

16 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...at the start of the season I believe he had surpassed the previous year's pre-season training programs!!!

His confidence is not quite there, and his finishing has him second guessing himself.

Being a prolific striker can have it's down sides.

When you're on a barren run it can be so hard to shake, simple 1 on 1's that you would expect to rattle the net every time become harderbecause you tend to think too much rather than taking the first instinct to shoot.

He hasn't scored in the second half of the season but I bet if you looked at the stats he probably had more opportunities to score than he did in the first half of the season,  which means he is still getting into scoring areas, and as you say not fully fit but still chimes in with 15 for the season. 

Yes 15 

1 hour ago, Gwyn said:

Being a prolific striker can have it's down sides.

When you're on a barren run it can be so hard to shake, simple 1 on 1's that you would expect to rattle the net every time become harderbecause you tend to think too much rather than taking the first instinct to shoot.

He hasn't scored in the second half of the season but I bet if you looked at the stats he probably had more opportunities to score than he did in the first half of the season,  which means he is still getting into scoring areas, and as you say not fully fit but still chimes in with 15 for the season. 

Yes 15 

....it could have been a good 25- 30 this season, even with Nacho playing up top as well!!!

The goal he did score in the second half of the season, he thought he was offside, so put the ball in the net without thinking about it. Very much in his own head when it comes to scoring at the moment as there were so many opportunities when we expected the net to ripple and he either shot straight at the keeper or missed the target. The confidence to go around the keeper or take that extra touch is just not there, so he performs like a mortal as opposed to the enigmatic sprite that he is.

I have also noticed his edge has gone, looks a genuine player you could talk to on the pitch, the snarl and finger pointing to the officials have disappeared and that may just signify he is in a good place so far as life satisfaction, but it does take something away from his game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Lets not butcher the chant Celtic have for him please.

O'Dear I see / hear what you mean. 

I think you'll find there's only one Odsonne Edouard ....... One Odsonne Edouard .......... there's only one Odsonne Edouard ........... unless he's now a blue and thinks Celtic are shite (Wes' songs going spare .......sob) 

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Find out Brendans mobile number and ring him NOW ! ..  explain that no matter how much he rates him he hasn’t realised that he will constantly keep bumping into his own players  ..  fingers crossed he listens to you.  

Save your phone bill. I’ve invented a new training aid and I am in the process of getting agreement from the fa to allow my invention to be worn during matches.

It’s the Magno Vest, each vest has the same polarity as other teammates vests which will repel them from each other when they get too close to each other. The polarity can can be switched allowing slower defenders to keep tighter to quicker strikers. It’s endorsed by a former City legend, Brian Carey, who says “if I had this when I was playing It would have been very scary for the strikers, I’d have been in their face for 90 minutes, the shower, bar and trip home”.

Edited by Vlad the Fox
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, KingsX said:

Just look at the TV rights -- where most of the money comes from.

56276487_SPFLvsPL.JPG.73a230530118eb849e11ef6fddbd7cfd.JPG

(incl. overseas and BBC highlights)

The PL hauls in 270x as much as the SPFL.  And while Scottish rights have only risen slightly more than inflation, PL TV income has gone up by a factor of ten in 20 years.

It’s also worth looking at wage bills -- where most of it goes:

LCFC total wage bill: over £157M per year

Celtic total wage bill: under £54M per year *

A 3x difference

* source: Swissramble (taken from clubs' accounts, including all fees and bonuses).  Another source, salarysport.com, gives the numbers as £98M (LCFC) and £23M (Celtic), but those numbers are simply extrapolated from estimated weekly salaries of each player.  Showing what nonsense those published player weekly salaries are.

The fact O’Neill went to Celtic was nothing to do with money, just what his dad had told him years before (he even turned down the Spurs job before that). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

100mph, get to the end as quick as possible and pick out the notes on a drum, what could go wrong.

The Starman chant is so ridiculously fast; could be so good too. Would rather our fanbase just didn't attempt this one.

4 hours ago, KingsX said:

Just look at the TV rights -- where most of the money comes from.

56276487_SPFLvsPL.JPG.73a230530118eb849e11ef6fddbd7cfd.JPG

(incl. overseas and BBC highlights)

The PL hauls in 270x as much as the SPFL.  And while Scottish rights have only risen slightly more than inflation, PL TV income has gone up by a factor of ten in 20 years.

It’s also worth looking at wage bills -- where most of it goes:

LCFC total wage bill: over £157M per year

Celtic total wage bill: under £54M per year *

A 3x difference

* source: Swissramble (taken from clubs' accounts, including all fees and bonuses).  Another source, salarysport.com, gives the numbers as £98M (LCFC) and £23M (Celtic), but those numbers are simply extrapolated from estimated weekly salaries of each player.  Showing what nonsense those published player weekly salaries are.

Thanks for that chap it's appreciated 👍

It does make me wonder whether the SPL will slowly stagnate in prize money and sponsors etc what with the monotony of their schedule and same old teams and gradually fade even further. I can imagine them beginning to beg to get into the PL again at some point.

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Thanks for that chap it's appreciated 👍

It does make me wonder whether the SPL will slowly stagnate in prize money and sponsors etc what with the monotony of their schedule and same old teams and gradually fade even further. I can imagine them beginning to beg to get into the PL again at some point.

What do you mean start to stagnate lol

Our league is sponsored by Glen's vodka by christ!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

The Starman chant is so ridiculously fast; could be so good too. Would rather our fanbase just didn't attempt this one.

When it starts, I deliberately try to sing as loud as I can at the right speed and can only get to Youri tielemans bit and they’ve finished it. I love to smooth  a megaphone in, just for a laugh

6 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Ffs, that’s a bit shit, I thought  you were joking. 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Oops. Didn't think there'd be a celtic fan in here 🤐. You guys should ease off the vodka and make the right decisions next season....

• Haha 1