Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

15 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

More than possible, but it will be because we don't really care about those matches. Europa Conference is our priority now. We are the far better team than them, but if we have European games either side, we should not be playing our best team.

Also even if Everton somehow stay up, they will go down next year. They need a complete rebuild but have an owner that has had most of his funds frozen. They have been playing russian roulette with their finances for years and now can't spend their way out of trouble either.

I know many of us wished Top spent a bit more money, but he has said over and over that he wants the club to be stable. Clubs like Everton and Villa are clubs that are aggressively rolling the dice and will pay for it massively if they don't get rewards soon.

Everton look like they are heading for the same way as Leeds in the mid 00s.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Anyone know what Lampards record looks like against Benitez? Thinking might have been better sticking with Rafa.

The Rafa situation was just too toxic, probably even for him/his family. 

The issue was choosing Frank. oh and giving Rafa another transfer window. 

35 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

We won't save anyone. We went to OT before a huge European clash and ManU managed to get a point against us. Get behind our team and support them as much as you can. Yes, there was some mismanagement here and there but we've suffered a lot of key injuries. 

Errr…. yeah. 

It was just an (evidently misjudged) attempt at gallows humour 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Richarlison is only one I'd take and I think a top 6 club will probably take a punt on him

He's awful!  If i were the mad Bolsonaro I'd take a break from burning the rainforest and make him change his nationality to Argentinian!

I'd take Calvert Lewin sans shoes mind.

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

The Rafa situation was just too toxic, probably even for him/his family. 

The issue was choosing Frank. oh and giving Rafa another transfer window. 

Oh I know the situation was toxic with Rafa, but that was down to the fans. If Rafa had a better record, they only have themselves to blame if his replacement takes them down,

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm gonna be so annoyed with us when we charitably give Everton at least 3 points to help them stay up

I'd fancy our second string with an off-form Daka up top and bombscare Jannik at the back to take 3 points off them right now. Keep that nauseating shit Richarlison quiet and you stop Everton.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, J. James said:

He's awful!  If i were the mad Bolsonaro I'd take a break from burning the rainforest and make him change his nationality to Argentinian!

I'd take Calvert Lewin sans shoes mind.

Poverty Tammy Abraham. The guy had one good scoring run under Anchelotteh and he's apparently Kane's understudy ever since.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Never been any good apart from a single 10 game spell. Prefers turning up to photoshoots dressed as a school girl than turning up for his club. Absolute ball bag. 

Oh.... Gray then..... 🤣

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, J. James said:

Burnley have to be favourites to finish above Everton now, this result feels epic and Evertons next few matches look like Dyche has picked 'em!

Everton’s run in is tough and we have to make sure we do our part and take six points. The only cautionary note is we may have a fixture log jam if we get past PSV. We just have to play it clever and go as strong as we can with some rotation inevitable. Just hope jamie is back to play his part.