Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

FA CUP WINNERS 2021 -CHELSEA 0-1 LCFC

10 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

I’ve got to go into hospital tomorrow to have my grin surgically removed.

As another oldie winning the Cup after seeing us lose 3 times in the sixties I can relate to that 🏆👍😃

• Like 1

First game I've ever attended alone, thanks to a bit of a nightmare with ticketing etc, and fully enjoyed it. Of course winning the FA Cup for the first time in our history probably had a slight hand in that...

I thought I'd reached a stage of being away from football for over a year that I didn't miss the experience as much as I thought, but even prior to the game, the Tielemans strike, and everything that followed, I was a bit of a mess emotionally. I think just being in a stadium again with 20,000+ people after this awful period for everyone just amplified everything. Also, seeing familiar strangers, like the woman we sat next to at Filbert Street for a years when I was between the ages of 7 and 10, lads I'd played football with years ago, and just faces I'd never said a word to but could instantly pick out in a lineup having seen them at UK hotspots from Rotherham to Carlisle. Driving down with my Dad,  who had been to the '63 and '69 finals, before the game and chatting through all the permutations and then coming off the motorway and seeing the famous arch, then finding him after the game to stroll back to the car together in pure elation. Even the hour+ that it took to get out of the car park didn't dampen the mood. Incredible.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, TK95 said:

Just imagine if we'd won it last year instead without fans. Just wouldn't have been the same. Stars aligned perfectly for us yet again. Special goal and a special final 

And every day, I'm truly grateful we won the League in 2016 and not the last 2 seasons.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nabb7 said:

Just rewatching BBC's coverage and saw Tuchel and Fuchs having a bit of a friendly reunion - anyone know how they know each other?

Mainz?

7 minutes ago, nabb7 said:

Just rewatching BBC's coverage and saw Tuchel and Fuchs having a bit of a friendly reunion - anyone know how they know each other?

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Mainz?

Yeah Tuchel had him on loan there for a season.