Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OhYesNdidi

Coutinho

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Joan Laporta's Barcelona president says the club's debt is 1.35 billion euros (£1.14bn).

They will be desperate to offload players.

That is a jail time amount of debt, shameful  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Joan Laporta's Barcelona president says the club's debt is 1.35 billion euros (£1.14bn).

They will be desperate to offload players.

Isn't Griezmann on 800k a week or something crazy like that. Great player but he would have signed for way, way less than that surely and been more than happy.  Some of the deals reek of overpaying massively which usually means there was big corruption going on somewhere. Looks seriously dodgy. 

• Like 2

Just now, desertfox2 said:

Isn't Griezmann on 800k a week or something crazy like that. Great player but he would have signed for way, way less than that surely and been more than happy.  Some of the deals reek of overpaying massively which usually means there was big corruption going on somewhere. Looks seriously dodgy. 

So they say.

Crazy club.

• Like 1

Is the structure of Barcelona so that they would never take billionaire foreign money? I know there's so much history and the whole presidents thing.... but this feels like it might be time to break from tradition!

I know Real are considering naming rights once stadium has been refurbed, to help ease their issues. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

reports in Spanish press say he will stay and looks like he will play a prominent role 👀

When they say he was offered it, they forgot to add that he was then asked for his debit card to pay for it.

• Haha 3

I know retiring numbers in "soccer" generally doesn't happen (with rare exceptions) but if you ever were going to retire a #10, this would be the time.  How wrong will it feel to see anyone besides Messi wearing that jersey for Barca? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I know retiring numbers in "soccer" generally doesn't happen (with rare exceptions) but if you ever were going to retire a #10, this would be the time.  How wrong will it feel to see anyone besides Messi wearing that jersey for Barca? 

I think the issue for Barca is that it's such a significant number, and they back themselves to create someone worthy of wearing that number 10 again in the future.

No one thought there would ever be better than Pele/Maradona.... then Ronny and Messi came along.

Barca have Pedri, Moriba and Fati who could all justifiably turn into uber world class talents in the next few years. 

Personally though I would have given it a season or two off as a mark of respect.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think the issue for Barca is that it's such a significant number, and they back themselves to create someone worthy of wearing that number 10 again in the future.

No one thought there would ever be better than Pele/Maradona.... then Ronny and Messi came along.

Barca have Pedri, Moriba and Fati who could all justifiably turn into uber world class talents in the next few years. 

Personally though I would have given it a season or two off as a mark of respect.

....it is not about the next generation of players to fill the jersey, it is about the player who owned it!!!

definitely retire it and with numbers so widely spread now up to #100 your next superstar can pick his own number. I mean Madueke would be looking for the #23, Soumare #42 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it is not about the next generation of players to fill the jersey, it is about the player who owned it!!!

definitely retire it and with numbers so widely spread now up to #100 your next superstar can pick his own number. I mean Madueke would be looking for the #23, Soumare #42 

Young lads are influenced by their hero’s. 23 is to do with LeBron, 42 is Yaya for soumare…. Number 10 will become just as influential for Barca’s next generation who want to be the next best. 

27 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Young lads are influenced by their hero’s. 23 is to do with LeBron, 42 is Yaya for soumare…. Number 10 will become just as influential for Barca’s next generation who want to be the next best. 

.....personally I would just be glad playing in the position and having my own number!!!

The number is far too iconic and any player coming in our coming through their ranks would not fail to understand the significance of the retirement of the jersey. Ndidi when he came in  wanted to be Ndidi, and was not given the  #14 of Kante and he insists he wants to be the best of himself as attempting to be forever compared to his illustrious predecessor.

Retire the jersey, it is more than just playing football!

Edited by sacreblueits442