Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OhYesNdidi

Coutinho

9 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

What if we are only going for a 1 year loan to tide us over until we can buy the target we want, that target not being available until next summer 🤔😉

....that is a possibility, a bit of a reach, but a possibility!!!

The amount of money required in order to help Barcelona out, make no mistake, the only guarantee in this situation is Barcelona get to lower their wage bill and it will not matter how their asset performs, they still come out on top.

The sooner we get away from this the better!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Pricey then, because whereas Tielemans was always an option to buy and less wages, Coutinho is not going to sign for a club that have our wage structure, so it really would be a 1 year loan and done. 

It's not that pricey as we aren't buying.

Tielemans could leave on a Bosman in two years and if he cost £32m and £80k a week that's £13m a season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's not that pricey as we aren't buying.

Tielemans could leave on a Bosman in two years and if he cost £32m and £80k a week that's £13m a season.

Well it is, if he can't get/stay fit which is the big unknown with this one and why I suspect a host of other big european clubs haven't yet made the plunge. 

6 hours ago, sylofox said:

That's for a year a seasons 9 months approx.

Good point. I'm not sure how one year loans work. Whether you just pay for the period a player is at your club or you pick up their annual salary and divide that by the time period they are here.

9 hours ago, vanity said:

Precisely. The problem I saw when Evans went out was there was confusion between Soyuncu and Fofana. Evans commanded respect, but neither Soyuncu or Fofana can command such respect, either from teammates or, more importantly I think, between one another. Consequently, we have nobody in the middle directing traffic. Soyuncu is 25, Fofana 20. There is no way Soy is taking direction from Fofana. Soyuncu was on the PFL Team of the Season or whatever it was called. He was rumored to be of interest to some elite sides. Then he got hurt, came back, and Fofana was the hot thing, with Soyuncu a bit on the outside looking in. I cannot speak to Sotuncu's personality, but he doesn't seem the sort to take kindly to some kid ordering him around out there. It did seem to be getting a bit sorted before Fofana got hurt against Spurs, they seemed to be figuring things out a bit, but right now, the clutch move would be to get a vocal, veteran CB to rotate with Evans, someone who could command a bit of respect from both of them. Maybe their partnership just needs more time, if we do the back 4 again, they will have an opportunity to develop that. Wouldn't mind seeing Evans backing up/rotating in that situation.

The more Soyuncu and Fofana play with each other, the more compatible they should get.

We shouldn’t necessarily be looking for another “Evans” but for the best available (backup) CB.

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Good point. I'm not sure how one year loans work. Whether you just pay for the period a player is at your club or you pick up their annual salary and divide that by the time period they are here.

No body ever loans for a year though. Why would you loan a player for 3 months doing nothing. Most loans only start a couple of weeks before the season starts.

10 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Pricey then, because whereas Tielemans was always an option to buy and less wages, Coutinho is not going to sign for a club that have our wage structure, so it really would be a 1 year loan and done. 

That year may be all we need from him. Phillip Coutinho to Leicester will be the headline, everybody else takes note, he hopefully performs and we finally nail that top 4 spot with hopefully another trophy in the bag

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, sylofox said:

No body ever loans for a year though. Why would you loan a player for 3 months doing nothing. Most loans only start a couple of weeks before the season starts.

Yes, I am aware that loans don't run for a whole calendar year, but you may still have to pay a whole year. As I say I am no expert, but the player will still receive his full annual salary somehow.

15 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Why would it upset the harmony of the club? I believe it been said that Coutinhio only comes in if a deal cam be struck that doesn't break the wage structure, and other players on less are going to know it's coutinhio, ayoze perez isn't going to demand a new contract, and it's signings like that that boost the rep of the club, and keeps players like youri signing extensions I would imagine.

He's reportedly on somewhere between £350-£400k a week. Even with a paycut, he will likely instantly become our club's highest earner. If you're a key member of the first team and someone comes in on more money than you, who is frequently injured and is out of form, what is that going to do to the morale of the squad? 

If it was me, I'd be thinking 'This bloke's here on big money based on the strength of his name and reputation, he's been injured, he hasn't hit top form since he was at Liverpool, meanwhile we're the ones who have gotten this club where it is over the last few seasons - now he's earning more than all of us?'

7 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

He's reportedly on somewhere between £350-£400k a week. Even with a paycut, he will likely instantly become our club's highest earner. If you're a key member of the first team and someone comes in on more money than you, who is frequently injured and is out of form, what is that going to do to the morale of the squad? 

If it was me, I'd be thinking 'This bloke's here on big money based on the strength of his name and reputation, he's been injured, he hasn't hit top form since he was at Liverpool, meanwhile we're the ones who have gotten this club where it is over the last few seasons - now he's earning more than all of us?'

The footballing reputation scale is the following IMO. 

Level 1 - Messi, Ronaldo possibly Neymar. 

Level 2 - Salah, Suarez, Coutinho, Griezmann etc... 

Level 3 - Vardy, Sterling, Kane etc... 

Level 4 - most of our squad (players like Tielemans are trying to break into level 3)

Level 5 - Amartay types. 

If you are 2 levels below the player, you have no right to question them and should be in awe of their presence injured or not. 

What you're talking about might happen if a level 3 or 4 player came in on mega bucks and had a nightmare.

Coutinho though would be a different level to what we've seen before and I'd imagine the players would be in awe whether he's injured or not. 

7 minutes ago, Collymore said:

The footballing reputation scale is the following IMO. 

Level 1 - Messi, Ronaldo possibly Neymar. 

Level 2 - Salah, Suarez, Coutinho, Griezmann etc... 

Level 3 - Vardy, Sterling, Kane etc... 

Level 4 - most of our squad (players like Tielemans are trying to break into level 3)

Level 5 - Amartay types. 

If you are 2 levels below the player, you have no right to question them and should be in awe of their presence injured or not. 

What you're talking about might happen if a level 3 or 4 player came in on mega bucks and had a nightmare.

Coutinho though would be a different level to what we've seen before and I'd imagine the players would be in awe whether he's injured or not

I'd be in awe of his agent.

We all know how well our club is run and realistically, we're fully aware that the board won't jeopardise a model that they've spent years building for the sake of one player, however big their reputation. 

Should Coutinho be willing to take a wage cut, this would be monumental for the club - he'd be working with the manager who he played his best football under and when firing, he's an absolute magician. Moreover, he commands an enormous individual fanbase and would boost our global recognition massively. 

4 minutes ago, HeskeyForever said:

We all know how well our club is run and realistically, we're fully aware that the board won't jeopardise a model that they've spent years building for the sake of one player, however big their reputation. 

Should Coutinho be willing to take a wage cut, this would be monumental for the club - he'd be working with the manager who he played his best football under and when firing, he's an absolute magician. Moreover, he commands an enormous individual fanbase and would boost our global recognition massively. 

Good points. Wasn't one of Beckhams moves basically funded through shirt, merch, and advertising revenue?

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

And likely be just as much wasted money

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

And both would go down as massive mistakes.

Hmmm taking into account what he would do for our global reputation I don't think you can categorically say that. 

Not to mention the manager knows him inside out and it's not a case that he will be definitely injured all the time like a lot of people have said will happen. 

We should definitely get him if we can. 

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

With regards to profile this would be a massive signing, Coutinho has 23 million instagram following more then the club and the rest of the first team combined.

Even with injury his played 42 games in the last 2 seasons, 14 goals, 11 assists.

This

Just saw this - a reminder of how good he is. 

He’d be the most skilful player ever to play for us IMO. Better than Mahrez at his peak. He is still a very good footballer even if he has had a troubled period since leaving England. If the financial math somehow works out (I personally doubt that we will pay what would be needed), it would be box office. Tbh, even talking about this, it’s just amazing to me that this is even in the realms of possibility for the same Leicester City I grew up watching, love it. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He's Barcelona's mistake, not ours. Let them suffer the consequences.

Their mistake could be our opportunity.

They aren't going to get a fee, they are a best going to get a loan or let him go for free.

If he was on 200k a week you are looking at 20m for 2 years, minus all the extra money he bring in sponsorship, shirt sells etc

We spent 24m on Ghezzel and Benkovic!!!

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1