Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Fifa 22

12 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Where have you heard this? It's the same engine so don't expect anything majorly different. Desperately need a new engine and some improved AI but then again FUT killed the hope of ever getting a really solid Football experience. Did a lot of good initially but it's just ruined all other aspects of the game.

I thought the whole hypermotion was a new engine but apparently not… frostbite it is for another year then

Apparently revamping the Career mode. Vaguely curious about this to be fair, the last few years has been a pile of shite. 

Can't get a transfer or loan

Players out of position (keeps playing Ndidi at LB)

All sorts of graphic glitches and bugs.

Never really play FUT, seems like a bit of a cash cow and I always turn up too late and end up playing some kid who's paid for the best team in the world.

Tend to stick to Online Friendlies against friends or the Online Leagues.

I basically see it as a yearly subscription to a licensed football game, as shite as that is (people have already touched on the monopoly these companies have on it)

I'll do what I always do and wait until its about 25 quid after Christmas.

5 hours ago, stu said:

Yet if you watched the video earlier, it doesn't look that much better. Lots of new animations which will obviously add to the game but can't say there's a huge difference on the surface.

My biggest thing would be to have an AI that both attack a lot more but are also capable of giving the ball away on Legendary/World Class. Far too easy on those difficulties. It's the one thing that has meant I've played PES over FIFA this year as the offline gameplay is so much more challenging

On 20/07/2021 at 17:32, RoboFox said:

They say it every year. It seems to work for them as a very effective marketing technique.

Confirm extremely basic feature > barely bother to implement it properly > promise to revamp the next year to pique interest > rinse / repeat

Expectation: "Design your own stadium!"

Reality: "You can choose a colour for the seats in one of three preset stadiums."

Expectation: "Design your own kit!"

Reality: "You can choose from plain, vertical stripes, horizontal stripes, a sash or 50/50"

You’ve not even touched on, beside the stadium builder, how this was all in the game ~12 years ago when you could create your own team from scratch and put it in career mode lol 

Of course EA have become the masters of stripping yearly releases down to the bare bones, then slowly implementing (as you said, badly) the exact same thing years later, except now the market is a bunch of new kids who weren’t around to remember that it’s been in before, or the older market who just don’t remember or buy it so habitually they don’t care. 

Haven’t brought a FIFA at release for full price since 13, I had 19 for a tenner but I wouldn’t have said it was worth any more than that. 

Would love a decent football game with a comprehensive career mode and would happily play full price for the privilege, but there hasn’t been one for years and it doesn’t seem like there’s one on the horizon coming any time soon.

3 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

You’ve not even touched on, beside the stadium builder, how this was all in the game ~12 years ago when you could create your own team from scratch and put it in career mode lol 

Of course EA have become the masters of stripping yearly releases down to the bare bones, then slowly implementing (as you said, badly) the exact same thing years later, except now the market is a bunch of new kids who weren’t around to remember that it’s been in before, or the older market who just don’t remember or buy it so habitually they don’t care. 

Haven’t brought a FIFA at release for full price since 13, I had 19 for a tenner but I wouldn’t have said it was worth any more than that. 

Would love a decent football game with a comprehensive career mode and would happily play full price for the privilege, but there hasn’t been one for years and it doesn’t seem like there’s one on the horizon coming any time soon.

Yup you're spot on. They strip the game down for a few years and then slowly reintroduce things as "new, unique content." They bring in new features to edit gameplay then swiftly remove them weeks in when they realise the hoards of kids can't compete anymore and start complaining on twitter etc.

Used to be a big player with my brother, but 20 absolutely killed all the enjoyment I had for the game and haven't picked up a FIFA game in about 18months and have no intention to buy the new one. 

Until we see a new competitor for football games, I'm really praying this free to play PES dents the competition, we won't see any great changes.

5 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

I ranted about it earlier in the thread. lol

On 15/07/2021 at 16:30, RoboFox said:

During the mid 00s there was stadium upgrades, individual stat training, team chemistry, sponsors, full lists of transfers, no fixture congestion, jump-in during simulations, a fan reputation gauge, the list goes on...

EA's tactic has been to strip away features, only to re-introduce them with one half-arsed effort every year (if we're lucky), then make a big song and dance about it like they're blessing everyone with unrivaled effort and innovation.

But yeah, it's a mess.

Remember in the PS1 era you'd have so much choice? Actua Soccer, This Is Football, plus a load of one-off brand tie-ins (Adidas Power Soccer, Three Lions, I think David Beckham had one).

I've seen the "free market" mentioned, and that people have the choice not to buy it, but it's not really an argument as EA have ensured uncompetitiveness in the market with a monopoly over licenses. If people want an authentic football game, there's really only one choice. That's why PES won't really ever compete and EA can continue to pump out reskinned dogshit year-upon-year with full knowledge that it'll sell.

The moment legislation is brought in to shut down loot-box and pay-to-win mechanics, OR the footballing bodies revoke their license exclusivity, is when we might finally see them actually make an effort. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

I genuinely can’t believe anyone is daft enough to pay full price for FIFA anymore. You can get it at Christmas for half price or less and it’s barely worth that. 

Reason being if you only play ultimate team like myself (never spend money in game) then that puts you 3 months behind if you get it at xmas. Pretty much impossible to catch up if you lose 3 months of it.

1 hour ago, Thefox81 said:

Reason being if you only play ultimate team like myself (never spend money in game) then that puts you 3 months behind if you get it at xmas. Pretty much impossible to catch up if you lose 3 months of it.

Is it really worth playing if you play one game mode that pretty much holds you to ransom to pay £60 each year lest you fall behind? 

I mean fair enough it’s your money, but to pay £60 a year for pretty much the same continuing Ultimate Team experience seems like an absolute piss-take. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Is it really worth playing if you play one game mode that pretty much holds you to ransom to pay £60 each year lest you fall behind? 

I mean fair enough it’s your money, but to pay £60 a year for pretty much the same continuing Ultimate Team experience seems like an absolute piss-take. 

Value is a funny thing, if you enjoy the game and spend a 100 hr playing it, it works out at 0.60p per hour that would be value for money?

1 hour ago, Finnaldo said:

It is pretty much the only game i play and really enjoy so for me £60 for 10 months entertainment is good value. I do appreciate the other side of the arguement that EA are only interested in the cash cow that is Ultimate Team. However ive not spent a penny in game and have a pretty damn good team to boot.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

60 quid a year just over 16p a day, like he said he enjoys ultimate team. Just like you said you would pay £60 quid for a decent footy game with a

19 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

comprehensive career mode

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tylesta said:

60 quid a year just over 16p a day, like he said he enjoys ultimate team. Just like you said you would pay £60 quid for a decent footy game with a

Ok and? I’m not criticising him at all, he gave me his reason for playing it and I respect it. My point was (and remains) that for him to play the same Ultimate Team mode on what’s basically a new disc and updated squads he has to shell out £60, and to not do that means he’s left behind massively should he wait IS a piss take on EA’s behalf. They’re the absolute worst when it comes to parasitic behaviour and trying to extract the most money they can from players for diminishing returns, I’m surprised that’s a particularly controversial opinion.

On 31/07/2021 at 08:33, Finnaldo said:

Ok and? I’m not criticising him at all, he gave me his reason for playing it and I respect it. My point was (and remains) that for him to play the same Ultimate Team mode on what’s basically a new disc and updated squads he has to shell out £60, and to not do that means he’s left behind massively should he wait IS a piss take on EA’s behalf. They’re the absolute worst when it comes to parasitic behaviour and trying to extract the most money they can from players for diminishing returns, I’m surprised that’s a particularly controversial opinion.

This is bang on the money. 

It blows my mind why actual customers willingly accept a reset each year for an extra £60. Whilst EA are of course at fault who can blame them to a point if customers don't fight against it and pay the money? Mind boggles that more players are willing to shell out through FOMO rather than standing up for general principles of bad practise. 

EA will only start to make drastic changes when it affects the bottom line, or when legislation forces them to do so. 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Pre ordered. 

4,600 isn't bad. Takes the games value pretty much the same as a standard edition. 

Ive done the same. Got 10% off through ordering in game and another 10% off for either pre order or having game pass ultimate not sure which. Ended up costing £72 instead of £90 when they take the money (10 days before release i think). Those fifa points will come in handy early game.

1 hour ago, Thefox81 said:

Ive done the same. Got 10% off through ordering in game and another 10% off for either pre order or having game pass ultimate not sure which. Ended up costing £72 instead of £90 when they take the money (10 days before release i think). Those fifa points will come in handy early game.

Sony have already taken my money.