Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Bertrand signs

18 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Been a missing piece for a while. I genuinely can’t think of the last decent corner taker we had. Whenever I think of Leicester city and corners I just get flashbacks of Maddison, Waghorn, David Bell, Knockaert, Marshall standing over it only to hit the first man every single time without fail lol

Some of you may be wondering how David Bell made it onto this list. He was the ultimate front post corner taker. Could barely get it off the ground every single time lol

And yet when Bell was signed we had high hopes he might take us to the next level lol

Play for free Nicky Summerbee and Steve Guppy the best dead ball deliverers in my life time I think. 

5 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Great signing. Disagree re comments on Luke Thomas though. More than good enough to start for us now, Thomas is very very good.

True, its good for players to have competition though and we seem to have that in every position now, it will only make us an even better team

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I see Rodgers has said Bertrand tested positive for COVID but 'it isn't contagious'...???

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Unless he means asymptomatic I have no idea.

Bizarre statement but BR……it could be that they do  lft’s every morning so that if he was first positive this morning then he wouldn’t have infected anyone yesterday.  

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Little moments like the way he stayed down to try and take the sting out of the Napoli pressure make me think he's a good addition and his experience will be vital. I know that the way he stayed down might be viewed as cynical but I genuinely think our boys are too nice, too honest sometimes. I don't mind seeing that gamesmanship from Bertrand, it's part of the game whether you like it or not.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

He does OK but does anyone else think that Thomas is already better? 

Did you not see Thomas get bullied by Coufal at West Ham. He’s good, Thomas but his light weight & inexperience sees him behind Bertrand at the minute. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

Did you not see Thomas get bullied by Coufal at West Ham. He’s good, Thomas but his light weight & inexperience sees him behind Bertrand at the minute. 

I saw it. I saw the whole team get bullied for the third game in a row v West Ham lol

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Little moments like the way he stayed down to try and take the sting out of the Napoli pressure make me think he's a good addition and his experience will be vital. I know that the way he stayed down might be viewed as cynical but I genuinely think our boys are too nice, too honest sometimes. I don't mind seeing that gamesmanship from Bertrand, it's part of the game whether you like it or not.

I said the same thing with Soumare taking his yellow.

If Lookman had done the same near the end, he could have taken the yellow instead of Wilf getting sent off.

We're too soft, especially in Europe, and it showed up again tonight.