Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Bertrand signs

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Can’t see what this guy offers that Thomas doesn’t 

Set-pieces. Probably the best set-piece taker on our team (albeit the others are just shite, so perhaps not a high standard).

I like Luke Thomas, and he is getting better every time out but there's not that much between them atm to forego Bertrand's experience.

1 hour ago, NaijaFox said:

Set-pieces. Probably the best set-piece taker on our team (albeit the others are just shite, so perhaps not a high standard).

I like Luke Thomas, and he is getting better every time out but there's not that much between them atm to forego Bertrand's experience.

Bertrand was too keen to shuffle it sideways today for me. How much of that is to do with playing behind Barnsey I don’t know. The only left back that I’ve felt confident with working behind Barnes over the last couple of years (Barnes, who it has to be said offers little support) is Justin. As soon as he’s fit enough I’d get him in.

• Like 1

Hopefully it’s something to do with recovering from covid

cos he’s genuinely been atrocious, seems lazy and half arsed - never closes down crosses properly

looked good in pre season so fingers crossed it’s fitness and he’s not as bad as he looks - no way he should play in front of Luke atm

• Like 2

Really disappointing so far. As above, you'd have to hope it's down to recovering from Covid. More frustrating that Thomas has just been ousted for the extra experience, but that experience isn't bringing anything that is better than the youth.

• Like 1

I’m biased but I genuinely don’t see what he offers different to Luke other than a bit of physicality and experience. His corners were shocking too so I don’t want to hear he’s in the team for his dead ball speciality. 

luke can’t even make the bench at the minute which is a worry considering how poor we are defensively at the minute. 

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I think he’s solid. What does Thomas offer that Bertrand doesn’t?

Won 3 lost 1 this season with Thomas, lost 2 drew 2 with Bertrand. 

Since Thomas debut he has 2 goals and 3 assists in 32 games, Bertrand in the same period has 1 assist and zero goals. Thomas and Barnes together have a good communication too.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Won 3 lost 1 this season with Thomas, lost 2 drew 2 with Bertrand. 

Since Thomas debut he has 2 goals and 3 assists in 32 games, Bertrand in the same period has 1 assist and zero goals. Thomas and Barnes together have a good communication too.

Plus you're allowing them to develop that partnership and more importantly giving Luke a chance to improve. Bertrand as back up is perfectly fine and a step up from Fuchs but Thomas should be ahead of him.

• Like 2