Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Norwich v Leicester Pre Match Thread 28/08(3.00)

18 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Foot in both camps, I've came up with-

Dion Dublin

James Maddison 

Richie de laet? 

1 minute ago, cambridgefox said:

Spencer Prior

Mark Robbins

Just now, goose2010 said:

Robert Ullathorne

Darren Kenton

Can I have Martin O'Neill :ph34r:

On 23/08/2021 at 21:56, SecretPro said:

Can't see a win. We are absolutely toothless going forward. If we keep playing Vards up top on his own then I don't know where out goals will come from. Expect Norwich to take the piss out of us, we have no defence and no width. 

Playing against Norwich though in fairness not Real Madrid.  Whilst West Ham game was poor I think City will turn it round soon enough.  I have got you in my accumulator so fingers crossed. 

Edited by Watford Fan

55 minutes ago, blabyboy said:

Part of the problem is that the all the main CBs that could/would come out through the defence and lay off a decent ball are injured. Big Dan did try it once on Monday night and did ok getting up the RHS, but he hardly anyone to pass to. Vestergaard can do this as well, but he's currently out. Bertrand can do it, hopefully he's over Covid and will be back on Saturday. No one seems to want to take the risk of pushing forward and possibly losing it, but also possibly setting the attacking midfield on their way. Evans is good at coming past the the opposing attack and then spraying a ball forward, but Cags doesn't really do that, Big Dan doesn't usually do that (probably down to his confidence). By the time they've finished passing about and are set to move forward the opposition have set themselves and most forwards passes are not viable. RiccyP and Thomas are at their best when they're already moving forward and can run onto passes and progress up the field, but to get them going we need to be able to start with the quick one-touch triangles so they can move on into that space.

BR did say in the interview after Monday that we needed to be quicker moving the ball and I have to agree, but that also means that the midfield and attack have to be in position and wanting the ball. We need (as a team) to quicken it up straight away as soon as we win the ball back. Sometimes we're so lethargic we may as well hoof it and go from there.

.....he always says that, Puel said the same thing, we have the same ongoing issue since Claudio!!!

The pass from defence to the midfield who are being pressed is fraught with danger, so we pass it around at the back hoping the midfield would drop deeper or create some space to relieve the pressure the defence now find themselves under. The backline being pressed eventually the ball will go back to Kasper, who is now being heavily pressed and he has no alternative but to clear down field.

We need to move the ball quicker in broken play when we have regained possession but we struggle to move the ball with any real sense of urgency when allowed to keep the ball. We are at present missing our First team backline but we are not brave enough (even when at our strongest) to make the pass into the middle of the park.

We require someone to transition the ball or hold it long enough for us to move up the pitch in numbers. Inch perfect balls intending to play in Vardy are not going to come off all the time, and teams sit deep when Vardy's name is on the team sheet (except for Man. City). If we continue to use Barnes in his role then we are one dimensional, and that is why another outlet is required on the right to transition the play, and make us less predictable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rain King said:

Rob Ullathorne

Harry Kane

Iwan Roberts

Ignasi Miqel

Just read about harry kane at Norwich, the interesting part is he played in the premier league Norwich squad that lost to non league Luton town in the fa cup... few weeks later Leicester signed him on loan.

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....he always says that, Puel said the same thing, we have the same ongoing issue since Claudio!!!

The pass from defence to the midfield who are being pressed is fraught with danger, so we pass it around at the back hoping the midfield would drop deeper or create some space to relieve the pressure the defence now find themselves under. The backline being pressed eventually the ball will go back to Kasper, who is now being heavily pressed and he has no alternative but to clear down field.

We need to move the ball quicker in broken play when we have regained possession but we struggle to move the ball with any real sense of urgency when allowed to keep the ball. We are at present missing our First team backline but we are not brave enough (even when at our strongest) to make the pass into the middle of the park.

We require someone to transition the ball or hold it long enough for us to move up the pitch in numbers. Inch perfect balls intending to play in Vardy are not going to come off all the time, and teams sit deep when Vardy's name is on the team sheet (except for Man. City). If we continue to use Barnes in his role then we are one dimensional, and that is why another outlet is required on the right to transition the play, and make us less predictable.

I think we're both in violent agreement here. Someone needs to grow some cohones and start passing forwards, even a RW needs the ball feeding to them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thursday_next said:

I'm not a manager, but the way we play causes me concern at times.

Schmeichel has the ball - he'll roll it to Soyuncu, who in turn will roll it to Amartey, who again will roll it back to Soyuncu, (post shortened due to boredom, but the ball ends up with Schmeichel, who will start the whole thing again). This causes panic to a large number of our supporters, who are aware of how many times we lose the ball in midfield and the attacking third, and don't see any good reason why we should come perilously close to losing the ball in defence as well, especially when we don't need to..

I take on board the playing out from the back thing, I am well aware that we have strong midfield players who can pick a pass or two. However, I have to ask on what number of occasions Schmeichel has had the ball and it ends up in the opposite net without an opposing player touching the ball. I would guess it's only two or three times a season. Doubtless someone will have the stats, which would interest me.

I can't work out why Schmeichel has largely given up the habit of kicking the ball into touch round about the half-way line. It causes lots of people a muttered swear word or two, but providing we get the press right, it gives us a 40%-50% chance of winning the ball back in an advantageous position. I do not see what is wrong with this.

Maybe it's a sign of Rodgers being as near as possible to being the perfect manager, which may come in handy for his next job at PSG or Bayern. We do well with it sometimes (hence the FA Cup and 2 top 5 positions) - but I can't help thinking that there's an element of shithousery involved at Leicester City, and we would do well to remember that.   

It's football but not as we know it !

Training pics bib theory says it’s going to be this:

Schmeichel

Pereira Amartey Soyuncu Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans Maddison

Albrighton                           Barnes

Vardy

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KFS said:

Schmeichel

Ndidi

Tielemans Maddison

Vardy

Not what I would pick but what I would expect to see.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, KFS said:

Schmeichel

Ndidi

Tielemans Maddison

Vardy

I'd be really suprised if bertrand doesn't start.

• Like 1

I'm dreading the game. 

It has all the potential to totally kibosh my weekend. I just hope we do to them what we did to West Brom start of last season and slowly disembowel them..

Perez put is a huge bonus and,.I know it's  sacrilegious to say so, I just never, ever, ever feel confident when Luke Thomas lines up. He's just not at the level we want yet.so hopefully he's out for Bertrand or Timmy