Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Norwich v Leicester Pre Match Thread 28/08(3.00)

It’s time to leave Vardy out I think…. If there’s to be an attacking pairing it has to be Kelch and Daka. How often has Kelch got us a goal from nothing? I’d probably start Daka, give him a chance to play for his place…. I’m not sure about Kelch as a third attacker on the right, I mean he is very capable coming in onto his left, but I don’t think his all round game is good enough to play there. But if Brendan could get Barnes, Daka and Kelch to interchange as Suarez, Stirling and Sturridge did we could be a real handful.

We absolutely can’t turn up with this lazy 4-2-3-1 formation, Maddison isn’t playing well enough to take on that ten role, he is slowing the play down and is creating little. 

4-3-3 for me.

Kasper

Ricardo

Amartey

Cags

Bertrand

Soumare

Youri

Ndidi 

Barnes

Daka

Albrighton. 

6 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Any decent places for car parking? The county council?

Great Yarmouth and get the train in.

We have had road works on the A47. Not sure if they are finished so give yourself an extra 30/40mins travel time

four four f***g two

Kasper

Ricky P Big Dan Soy Bertrand

Marc Wilf Youri Barnes

Nacho Vardy

Probably more of a 4 - 4-1-1 with Nacho playing just behind Vardy and coming deep to receive the ball from wilf/youri and linking with the wide forwards

Got to be worth a go, especially against a side with the ability to leak goals at will

Kasper

Ricardo Amartey Soyuncu Bertrand 

Wilf

Youri           Soumare

Maddison

Iheanacho      Vardy

Barnes needs dropping, thought he looked unfit on Monday night (understandably)

Daka to come on at the hour.

If Castagne was fit i'd be tempted to go 5-3-2 with him coming in for Soumare and Bertrand going to left centre back.

8 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

That's what's so frustrating. No question he's got bags of talent and has shown that. It's that inconsistency. I wonder if we have a leader in midfield who can demand more urgency and desire when he goes missing. 

.....no we do not....!!!

That is why I want Soumare to get up to speed and set the tempo for the team. I have said for a long time we need a leader in the middle and neither Ndidi or Tielemans fit that bill, Soumare is the player i am looking to, in order to drive the team.

3 hours ago, LVocey said:

Kasper

Ricardo Amartey Soyuncu Bertrand 

Wilf

Youri           Soumare

Maddison

Iheanacho      Vardy

Barnes needs dropping, thought he looked unfit on Monday night (understandably)

Daka to come on at the hour.

If Castagne was fit i'd be tempted to go 5-3-2 with him coming in for Soumare and Bertrand going to left centre back.

....that looks like a very good team, perhaps KDH instead of Maddison!!!

• Like 2

Let’s go radical. Fullbacks right up, Wilf just sits to protect the chuckle brothers at the back (to me, to you). Youri and a busy KDH picking out an interchangeable front 3 who MOVE constantly to run there back line ragged and create spaces to exploit.

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/6127f691d998900ebe43d248

Kasper

Ricky, Dan, Cags, Bertrand

Wilf

KDH, Youri

Nach, Daka, Steptoe

Edited by daverollo
Error

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’ve been thinking that. Castagne Cags and Amartey. 

Yeah I had a feeling he might put Bertrand left a 3 for a bit of experience / leadership. Gives us the option to stick with Thomas or go for Castagne as for a more attacking WB - I’m just thinking though do we really need 5 at the back for Norwich away! 

23 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Yeah I had a feeling he might put Bertrand left a 3 for a bit of experience / leadership. Gives us the option to stick with Thomas or go for Castagne as for a more attacking WB - I’m just thinking though do we really need 5 at the back for Norwich away! 

....we never need three at the back unless we are playing Man. City with a deep block!!!

We are poor with a three, and as usual he will push the Wing Backs forward up to the halfway line, which means we will struggle to get out of our half, as we are going to be pressed with no outlets.

Should Rodgers start off with a back three, it will take up to the 70th minute in order for him to correct it, even if we are 3-0 down.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

He will probably play Bertrand at LB of a back four. Bertrand will then tuck in as the third centre back while we are playing the ball out from the back, when we have possession of the ball higher up the pitch he will push on. We did a similar set up against Villarreal.

He attempted to do this against West Ham but it didn't work with Thomas and Amartey in the three trying to play it out from the back.

When defending it will be a back four as normal.

I think in this system Rodgers thinks he's getting the best out of both formations of three at the back and four at the back.

16 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

He will probably play Bertrand at LB of a back four. Bertrand will then tuck in as the third centre back while we are playing the ball out from the back, when we have possession of the ball higher up the pitch he will push on. We did a similar set up against Villarreal.

He attempted to do this against West Ham but it didn't work with Thomas and Amartey in the three trying to play it out from the back.

When defending it will be a back four as normal.

I think in this system Rodgers thinks he's getting the best out of both formations of three at the back and four at the back.

It's working a real treat at the moment. 

• Haha 1