Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Norwich v Leicester Pre Match Thread 28/08(3.00)

5 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

4303BA20-0C8A-4FC1-B4C0-162AD854D96F.jpeg

If Bertrand is okay to play I'd take that. I really wish Maddison was more consistent because he's obviously a talented player at times but he desperately needs to step up to that next level and do it every game. There shouldn't be a doubt he's one of the first names on the team-sheet. The fact he's not should be a little wake up call to him. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Daka start tbh. 

But playing it safe:

Schmeichel

Peraira    Amartey    Soy    Bertrand

Albrighton    Ndidi    Tilly    Barnes 

Nacho    Vardy

16 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

4303BA20-0C8A-4FC1-B4C0-162AD854D96F.jpeg

...looks good..!!!

With Ndidi much like Nacho he will tend to drop slightly behind the two alongside, I believe he is much better and comfortable when he can play his own way. 

Nacho and Vardy switch with Nacho dropping off, leaving in effect a front two that is not too narrow. 

I suspect we will all be in for a surprise when the teams are announced and the new formation without shoehorning Perez.

It will be great to see Soumare and he needs to play to get him up to speed. He is going to make a big difference in the team, if he can adjust to the pace of the game, making Tielemans a free man.

4 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I would drop Maddison, not sure whats going on with him. Whether its fitness or something else, he need to put his efforts into getting back to form. We can not afford for him to be playing so averagely in a team with so little creativity, it stifles us. 

It's so weird because I respect Maddison's talent and if he performed at a high level consistently I'd feel differently but if Arsenal came in for him (£70mil+) I would be oddly fine with it. He's still an important player for us and hope he goes to that next level but there's something about him at times that looks to be coasting. And we can't afford passengers, especially in his position. 

1 hour ago, Mark said:

One off game, we lined up the exact same way the next match and drew (lucky not to lose) at home to Norwich. Even in that Villa game we could have easily gone 2 down early on as I recall a few sitters being missed.

The problem with the diamond is the 2 central midfielders and the DCM and ACM being all in unison at pressing and taking up the right position when attacking and defending, there's so much more margin for error to be caught on the break which is a fearsome thought given just how easy we are to set traps against and wait for us to fcuk up.

I do think Soumare and KDH are a different breed of midfielder to Tielemans, Maddison and Praet in their movement and aggression. It could possibly work but that's what you'd want pre-season for, a system as complex as that needs months of training and practice and he hasn't done it so I'd wince at him just throwing it out there on a whim, even if it might be the most logical given whose on form and off form/unavailable in this squad.

I want to see Daka start.

If that means dropping Vardy so be it..

It’s not that Vardy has been bad or anything I just feel Daka may have more in his locker for these teams that sit back and make Vardy game ineffective.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 3

I know Maddison's performances are very inconsistent and he goes on runs of looking poor (do tend to think it's injury niggles as opposed to anything else) but he averaged a goal or assist every other game for us last season. I think we'd struggle to replicate from anyone else at the moment.

2 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

I know Maddison's performances are very inconsistent and he goes on runs of looking poor (do tend to think it's injury niggles as opposed to anything else) but he averaged a goal or assist every other game for us last season. I think we'd struggle to replicate from anyone else at the moment.

That's what's so frustrating. No question he's got bags of talent and has shown that. It's that inconsistency. I wonder if we have a leader in midfield who can demand more urgency and desire when he goes missing. 

7 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

That's what's so frustrating. No question he's got bags of talent and has shown that. It's that inconsistency. I wonder if we have a leader in midfield who can demand more urgency and desire when he goes missing. 

My point though is that whilst he looks inconsistent, he's actually posting good stats, the same level as Barnes who doesn't seem to get the same scruitiny.

27 minutes ago, les-tah said:

I want to see Daka start.

If that means dropping Vardy so be it..

It’s not that Vardy has been bad or anything I just feel Daka may have more in his locker for these teams that sit back and make Vardy game ineffective.

I think it's going to take time for Daka to adjust to the PL. When he came on v WHU he looked like he wanted that extra split second or extra touch he probably had playing in Austria.

I would like to see Castagne somewhere in the line up. He has the experience and both attacking /defensive qualities to make a difference. I'm not sure that Soumare is up to speed just yet. Would like 2 strikers tempted to go with Iheanacho and Daka and bring Vardy and Maddison on later in the game as we are looking very predictable.

• Like 2

1133626008_Screenshot2021-08-26at13_44_35.thumb.png.7070e24887e4e6ab0f434153cc96c7d4.png

Maddison was absolutely wank against these last time they were up and was disgustingly sycophantic despite playing just 53 times for them. Albrighton works harder than Perez, is more positionally astute & does create some chances. Vardy plays best when Iheanacho is alongside or behind him as he can link up play in a way Maddison can't - Iheanacho can make things happen more consistently as he can hold up the ball and is capable of something from nothing.

As for the rest, hope big Jan is fit because Soyuncu has probably spent as much time out of form at Leicester than he has in it. Bertrand over Thomas if he's fit enough, I really like Thomas but Bertrand was excellent against Villarreal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

So the Soyuncu/Amartey roadshow rolls into Norwich then? Crazy times.

Good news about Bertrand...

Get a win against Norwich and then our season starts after the international break. Start of the season came to early for us.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KFS said:

Get a win against Norwich and then our season starts after the international break. Start of the season came to early for us.

Lose against Norwich and we really do have to look at what we’re doing

But I don’t think we will

Their defence is as shaky as ours and I think we’ll score more than they do