Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Norwich v Leicester Pre Match Thread 28/08(3.00)

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

Soyuncu was atrocious but I think I recall it happening once before and thought he came back much better (maybe last time Evans was out?)

Certainly not car crash for the whole year imo. He just seems to shit himself without a leader next to him.

I remember now, him and fofana were shit when Evans got injured on the warm up that time, but certainly got better with the experience. Hopefully just a bit rusty in the new leadership responsibilities department.

...he just does not handle pressure well...!!!

He has the tendency to become frustrated and it erupts into erratic play and the outcome is carnage on the pitch. He is not capable for calming himself down and looks to others to do their jobs properly in order for him to function, but if that is not forthcoming then he goes into a meltdown.

Someone needs to notice on the pitch when he is drifting into this mode and pull him out of it by vocally or physically breaking him out of the zone he is falling into.

• Like 1

Guest Danny Clender

Schmeichel

Ricardo Amartey Soyuncu Bertrand 

Nididi Tielemans

Albrighton Maddison Barnes

Vardy

Hmmmmm...tough one to fully support if it is that.

The sticking to a formation philosophy makes sense, and as a team sheet looks strong, but it has it has too many questions for me. 

When faced with injuries last year, the Iheanacho option up top worked well, bar 2 points. 

Soumare is far too an intelligent player to be brought on in the 70th minute, he should start for me, he isn't a through and through DM and seems to be the exact player we've required for a while. 

On form, Maddison seems to be a better option to bring on as a sub, not the other way around.

I can't see any room for pessimism around this game, but if we start with the above, then we can only hope for answers. 

I don’t think Norwich are as bad as people seem to think on here. On the back of a 6-0 win they should be fairly confident, can see it being a tough game.

We had a poor record against them (D1L1) when they were last in the league. Failed to beat them over the season.

Especially with us light at CB and unable to play our typical system without Perez. 

I see either Ricardo playing RW, or Nacho playing #10 and Maddison given a free role on the right side, drifting in like Perez does. Regardless, it will be fairly new for us. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

9 hours ago, Milo said:

lineup (1).png

Very good shout. I think we’ll see Bertrand though now he’s not got covid - although I’m more than happy to bench him. If I had to tweak anything I’d swap Amartey for Soyuncu, but that’s just my preference.

Edited by phoneticerror