Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

That wasn’t as lucky as people are making out. A decent professional performance - not the best - but Brentford didn’t lay siege at any point or have guilt edge changes. They huffed and puffed, but not much else. Plus we had some decent chances.

Made worse by the deluded commentary tbf. Once I turned it off I felt much better. 

• Like 1

Vestergaard made a mistake at the end which nearly cost us, however thought that was his best game for us today. Amartey was superb at the back. Youri was sublime. Pats on was so dangerous love watching him With Nacho they have a great understanding together. Perez again done well when he came on. 

Good 3 points today 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nabb7 said:

'newly promoted team' doesn't mean anything. that was a great win and certainly wasn't guaranteed.

Agreed. Newly promoted teams are now some of the most exciting and difficult to beat. Look at Wolves when they came up, Sheffield United, Brentford are clearly not here to make up the numbers. Makes the win even better

Just now, Lesterlad said:

Vestergaard made a mistake at the end which nearly cost us, however thought that was his best game for us today. Amartey was superb at the back. Youri was sublime. Pats on was so dangerous love watching him With Nacho they have a great understanding together. Perez again done well when he came on. 

Good 3 points today 

Not quite, he was great against man city. 

• Like 3

Just now, Twitcher said:

What was it on? I couldn't find any commentary to listen to.

Peacock in the US. From minute one it was ‘Leicester don’t deserve this, Brentford are incredible, what a great side Brentford are’

Boring 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Gotta love us as a football club, utterly deflate and end up destroying Man Utd - then utterly sh1thouse our way to beating Brentford 🦊 United incidentally will get done by this lot, shows we are up there towards the Chelsea’s on our day for quality to be able to do that.

Great stuff from Maddison today - could have been a completely different game without him taking the pressure off us at the right moments. Also well done Vestergaard as he looked so much more composed when he came on, little steps forward and we’ve made a few this week.

Brilliant result, brilliant week - and now onto the next challenge where hopefully we do another job.

Season on lads 🦊 👍 well done to the boys.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

My thoughts go out to Brentford super fans Danny Gabbidon & Jacqui Oatley in this trying time. 

I paraphrase, but when Brentford scored the equaliser they suggested that it was justice prevailing at last for by far the superior side who were certain to go on and win it.

Amazing that City won, in the circumstances.

• Like 2

Second half we hardly gave them a sniff on our goal except for that fluky flick on which went in for them. We showed our quality second half and could have scored another.

Brentford in those first 20mins were really good but after that they didn’t trouble us too much.

• Like 3

Just now, Spudulike said:

Sounds like Brentford are the new Leeds. 

That was my exact thought. I’m loving putting these plucky ‘we’ve reinvented football’ hipster clubs to the sword. Must be what the greedy six think about us lol 

FFS what is it with Leicester that we just can't beat teams that press us, when we're on the telly, when we play in London and when Amartey plays, unreal. 

It's just crazy that the posters that predicted this game as a loss were bang on on. 

No Plan B. Get Rid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2