Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Three wins in 8 days, Soumare and Daka have arrived, OK we're leaking goals still but hopefully confidence and momentum won't be a problem now, what a great few days. I've always said it, get your head down, avoid two consecutive silly results (losses to teams you should be beating) and we will find ourselves up there and we don't have the pressure of such intense media scrutiny that the likes of Man Utd., Arsenal and Spurs do (although some of the posts here...). West Ham win again but Villa, Everton, Wolves all hit and miss, I think we'll be consistently in a top 8 group then who knows.

• Like 1

THANK FUCH FOR THAT FINAL WHISTLE !!

Fairplay to Brentford they remind me a bit like us great escape year but missing that one thing a quality finisher, Brentford ran us ragged today they played bloody well and deserve some credit !

We still look a bit dodgy in defence at times Cags is like a time bomb waiting to go off at times but Evans seems to keeps him not going off fully, I think we need to dip into the market in January for a couple of CB’s if they’re available to help with injuries and  Vestergaard see if we can solidify our defence infront of Kasper 3 younger fitter Johnny Evansesque players would be amazing but where are they?

Onto the cup on Wednesday a really emotional night in our Amazing Clubs history so really hoping the lads are up for an amazing performance to win and win big for VICHAI, I’ll be there like many of our amazing fan base family to remember the great man and cheer us on to another victory!!

💙

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KFS said:

Peacock in the US. From minute one it was ‘Leicester don’t deserve this, Brentford are incredible, what a great side Brentford are’

Boring 

They weren't lying in though.

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Like Chelsea did? 

They need a MOTM performance from there keeper and got battered in a 1-0.

Not may will go to Brentford and win easy.

Brentford bubble might have burst. 3 loses on the bounce and the relentless nature of the Premier League may be catching up with them. It's only going to get harder for them. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Three wins in 8 days, Soumare and Daka have arrived, OK we're leaking goals still but hopefully confidence and momentum won't be a problem now, what a great few days. I've always said it, get your head down, avoid two consecutive silly results (losses to teams you should be beating) and we will find ourselves up there and we don't have the pressure of such intense media scrutiny that the likes of Man Utd., Arsenal and Spurs do (although some of the posts here...). West Ham win again but Villa, Everton, Wolves all hit and miss, I think we'll be consistently in a top 8 group then who knows.

Without sounding negative I wish Vestergaard and Bertrand had arrived too they must have missed a couple of connections on the way up to Leicester !!

Edited by justfoxes

Good win, don't think we played particularly well generally but a worldy goal and a lovely counter attack was refreshing to see.

Killed me to seeing us go back to playing out from the back, as i've always said there is a time and place for it but I don't see what you get out of it against a team like Brentford who have been a great, refreshing addition to the league who you know are going to press you.

This wasn't ****housary.

We've lost games and then our fans slaughtered our team with similar stats (in our favour) to those.

I agree that we ground out a result at a difficult place against a team still playing with confidence and cohesion after their promotion 

If we were in the top four before the game it wouldn't have been any easier. Quality, decisive moments count. 

Well done Brentford. They deserve to be inthe PL and have a good chance of staying in it if their heads don't drop.

We were poor but showed the difference between mid table team and better with the quality we shoe occasionally.

Youri Tielemens seriously, he’s just world class. Not just the goal and assist but he oozes class on every touch and composure.

Also thought Evans was fantastic and it’s so clear how much better we are with him in.

Great win and made up some points lost vs Brighton Burnley and Palace where we threw away at least 5 points. Respectable total now and that’s all that matters.

Need to be better though as I still feel like we arnt flowing like we did mid 2020/21 season.

12 minutes ago, Md9 said:

3 points off top 4 😬

I thought top four had gone after our start and with Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea looking like shoo ins.

After watching how bad Man Utd were last week then 4th place is open, not saying we'll get it but it looks open at this point anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Brentford bubble might have burst. 3 loses on the bounce and the relentless nature of the Premier League may be catching up with them. It's only going to get harder for them. 

Losing against the current Champions League winners and FA Cup winners isn't a sign of the bubble bursting.

They'll be fine.

• Like 2